Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772728 - 11/08/16 12:31 AM HELP!!! The Divorce Center in Union County NJ
newjoiseydad Offline

recently joined

So used them to do the divorce for us...court date for final judgement coming up. I happened to do some internet reading and came across the NJ Courts self-help resource center where it state we were supposed to complete and file form 3a (family case information statement) and submit along with supporting financial documentation....this was never done and we were never instructed to do so!

It is a relatively simple uncontested divorce with no alimony and the only asset being a house and only one child.

What should we be doing now?

The Divorce Center location I worked with is of no help answering this question and I am a bit upset to say the least - please advise!

Thank you for any advice!!!!!

#772746 - 11/16/16 05:56 PM Re: HELP!!! The Divorce Center in Union County NJ [Re: newjoiseydad]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

I would never submit a divorce in NJ without using an attorney. The non-custodial parent pays full child support to the other parent even if the child doesn't live there, and for college expenses (tuition and living expenses) to age 23 if not addressed now. There is much wording that is needed to have both parents be responsible and as to what kind of school they can attend for support (private or public), that they must apply for grants first, ect. Many a non-custodial parent has ended up having to sell their assets, cash out their retirements or worse because of NJ law on these issues.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: