Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772772 - 12/02/16 09:43 AM Trying to figure it out...
TotallyUnsure Offline
recently joined

To make a long story short, my wife and I have got into several arguments and recently nearly divorced. Besides some emotional abuse going on, she tactically used the fact that child support with be expensive for me and a few other things.

I'm here today to hopefully get some insight into what I need to watch out for. We have, again, agreed to try and make things work but this is probably not going to work. I work full time and she is a stay at home mom to our 10mo daughter. We have been married for roughly 2 years and she had one job for about 6mo leading up to the birth of our baby.

I simply wish to understand what I can do safeguard myself because she talked about alimony (we haven't been married long and she has a degree and could work easily) and how she will get almost a grand in child support.

#772774 - 12/02/16 10:41 PM Re: Trying to figure it out... [Re: TotallyUnsure]
MinnesotaMom Online   content

old hand

No chance of alimony. Child support is based on income, time with child and most importantly, what state you are in, as the laws vary greatly from state to state. If you PM me that info, I can look it up.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: