Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772946 - 01/21/17 06:57 PM Establishing separate property prior to trial
G. DiMartino Offline
recently joined

I'm in the middle of a divorce in California and we are trying to come to an agreement without having to go to trial. The problem that I'm running into is that my spouse won't agree to the division of the home that I purchased prior to the marriage without a judge ruling on it. I've had a Moore/Marsden calculation done on it that shows that there is no community property equity in the property to be distributed but she is not accepting it.

My question is, is there a way to have a judge rule on the community/separate property prior to going to actually going to trial? I believe that if we can agree to the separation of this property, we will be able to work out an agreeable MSA.

Thanks.

#772959 - 01/26/17 06:27 PM Re: Establishing separate property prior to trial [Re: G. DiMartino]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

You may be absolutely right in your calculations, but I don't think you'll be able to enforce that over your wife's objection without going to trial. Which will be expensive for both of you.

Depending on how much equity we're talking about, it might be the better part of valor to offer some kind of compromise if that's the only issue preventing her from settling.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: