Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#772960 - 01/27/17 05:17 AM Would I show married in the U.S. State of CA?
Alan92 Offline
recently joined

Hi guys,
This is my story so I got married to a U.S. Citizen in 2011 at the time ai lived in Mexico my native country so I am mexican. The civil marriage happened in Mexicali B.C. Mexico after the marriage the girl filed my documents to obtain a residency card. However when I was granted the green card I crossed and reside in El Centro, California for like 1 year we never really lived together and we had too many problems so I left amd seperated. I moved to a different state amd now I am filing for the divorce in Mexico. Thats in process also my residency card expired and has been for a long time. I honestly don't care if I don't get it again I just want to be done with this. My concern is that I may have to file for a divorve here in the U.S. As well? I dont see why when the marriage event was in Mexico however when the reaidency was granted my ex had to present the marriage certificate to immigration so I want to make sure I am safe and not showing up married so that If I want to re-marry nothing holds me back? Does immigration report anything to the state or the recording office in the state of California? I called the imperial county of el Centro CA but they didn't help much they said no info should be there archived unless I married there. But how can I be certain? Ill have the divorce certificate soon coming from Mexico but do I send it anywhere? Do I not show married at all here ? Idk please help if anyone has any info I would appreciate

#772961 - 01/27/17 06:37 AM Re: Would I show married in the U.S. State of CA? [Re: Alan92]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

If you were to get into a dispute or misunderstanding about this in the future do you really want your side of the story to be "Your Honor, the anonymous person on the Internet clearly stated..."?

Seriously, you need to talk to an immigration lawyer.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: