Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#773414 - 05/10/17 01:15 AM Military Retirement Pay Garnishment - How to Stop
Scuda11 Offline
recently joined

Hello all,

I have been divorced to the custodial parent since 1998. There was never a time when I didnt pay Child Support so when I was offered to just have it come out of my pay, I thought "sure, thats easy". And it has been, however this weekend my youngest daughter (22 yoa) will be graduating college, thus ending my CS in Massachusetts. I have contacted the Military retiree pay office and they said because it is a "Court Order" which reads "to continue to withhold for child support until you are no longer employed by us or we are notified by the court to terminate the withholding". They then advised I ask an attorney. Any advice from anyone on this? Thanks so much in advance.

#773417 - 05/10/17 03:15 PM Re: Military Retirement Pay Garnishment - How to Stop [Re: Scuda11]
Goodmom Offline
Pooh-Bah

File to have child support stopped due to your daughter being 22 and done with college. That's the only way the garnishment will stop.

#773426 - 05/11/17 12:47 AM Re: Military Retirement Pay Garnishment - How to Stop [Re: Scuda11]
Scuda11 Offline
recently joined

Just bring her diploma to the courthouse? Thanks for the reply BTW, I really appreciate it!

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: