Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#773633 - 05/31/17 05:18 PM ex changed her mind after summer plans were made?
itsalldownhill Offline
recently joined

Looking for opinions.

I get my kids two weeks per summer. In March my ex. agreed to extend one of my weeks by 4 days along with me agreeing to give her memorial day and labor day. (this was all agreed to in e-mail) She has now changed her mind and decided to stick to the court order. I had planned to visit with Family out of state which I do every year. The problem is that my relatives already paid for plane tickets and they are non-refundable. My kids were looking forward to this trip.

THe last time something like this happened my ex. decided that the kids soccer equipment she buys them is not going to come to my house. I finally explained to her that if she did not send it she could explain to them why they were not going to play soccer on my time. she relented and sent the shoes etc.. My children did find out about this through her and I know they just didn't want to have to hear about it.

What should I do about the fact that they are not going to go on vacation?

#773638 - 06/03/17 12:34 AM Re: ex changed her mind after summer plans were made? [Re: itsalldownhill]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

Regretfully, the decree rules. There's no easy solution. You could offer money to get her to agree, but then it sets precedent for her to want money anytime she disagrees.

#773646 - 06/05/17 09:48 AM Re: ex changed her mind after summer plans were made? [Re: MinnesotaMom]
itsalldownhill Offline
recently joined

I told the kids and they took care of it for me. I doubt my ex is going to do that again

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: