Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#773685 - 06/19/17 07:22 PM First and hopefully last
Denverado Offline
recently joined

Hello, I'm new to the forum and very surprised to be here. My wife and I (together for 15 years, married for 2) have decided to part. I'm here because searching the interwebs for help with our situation yielded me nothing. The issue is my wife wants nothing from our assets. Doesn't want me to sell our house. Wont accept one of our vehicles. Barely let me even bring up splitting my savings with her. She wants a "new start, with absolutely nothing of mine/ours." her words.

A part of me feels like not looking a gift horse in the mouth but another part of me feels guilty. Since we've been together she has not made much money. I paid for the downpayment on our house and sank ~20k into it over the past few years. I started saving money for both of us. The car she drives was mine before we married. She has not given me much money over the years to pay for the mortgage, bills etc. This is her reasoning for not wanting things she feels is rightfully mine. We've never combined accounts or anything. She wants to sign her name off of our mortgage. When I forced the car on her free and clear she refused. When I said I would just sell it and send her a check she said she would return the letter. I don't want to lose the house because I've put so much into it but would sell it to split assets if she needed or wanted something from it. this is extremely confusing for me and I'm not sure what to do to make her OK or to not feel guilty about what will happen to her. She is extremely independent and strong willed. This probably sounds like an initial response in the heat of the moment but I assure you. This is exactly how she wants things. Any tips or constructive comments are appreciated.

#773802 - 07/07/17 09:17 PM Re: First and hopefully last [Re: Denverado]
QDRO Instructor Offline
journeyman

I am an Independent Degreed Paralegal, Notary Public, Member of the National Notary Association with experience in Real Estate Law and Family Law. I prepare divorce documents for uncontested divorces in New York State. I am seeking to network and/or contract with individuals and/or businesses who may have a need for uncontested divorce document preparation in New York State. Flat fee $350. If you know of ones who could benefit from my service please let me know. Please see my LinkedIn page www.linkedin.com/in/divorceprep Thank you. Uncontested Divorce Document Preparation Service, Saratoga Springs, New York 12866, [email protected]

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: