Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#773923 - 09/13/17 10:30 PM need advice on marriage of 2 years
OregonLady Offline
recently joined

Hello,

My husband and I been married for two years. Here's the scenario: When we got married, he wasn't working and I was making good money (80K) and was in California. I was paying for everything until December 2016 when he moved back to Ontario, Oregon in his parent's house (he was living at parent's house before marriage too and moved to Cali with me after marriage). I moved to Oregon in starting of April 2017 when I ended my job in California and got a job in Boise. I commute everyday 1 hour to go to work.
Because things weren't going well with his parents and his parent's house was really really small (literally one bedroom where his parents were living from last 8 years and we both in living room), I bought a house couple months ago. I added his name on paperwork but the loan was solely approved on my name because I have income and he doesn't. Since he is also taking his parent's side, I am deciding to move out of this house and relationship (perhaps out of Oregon). I came to know about this equal distribution law of property by Oregon from friend of mine and was shocked. He didnt pay for any mortgage payments and didn't contribute to anything in the house. What are my best options?

Any best advice given will be appreciated. I am badly in need of help!

Thanks

#773924 - 09/13/17 10:31 PM Re: need advice on marriage of 2 years [Re: OregonLady]
OregonLady Offline
recently joined

Forgot to mention, his Dad runs a motel and thats where the income for the family comes from.. but he doesn't get much from him. He doesn't take his responsibility of being a husband or a man I should say.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: