Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#773672 - 06/15/17 01:26 PM Definition of Word Repair
Bfm0 Offline
recently joined

Divorce finalized a year ago, agreed top let ex and kids stay in house until this Sept and I agreed via PSA to pay for 60% of agreed-upon home repairs over $200. Ex wants to spend $25+ to fix/repair/update house prior to sale; realtor stated that "maybe" we could list house for $5K to $10K more if we do these repairs. I'm refusing because I want home sold as is because I don't have money or patience to deal with the back and forth arguing that ex starts over every communication. Also, I never would have agreed to pay 60% to get house ready for sale when I only get 50% of proceeds.

Ex has filled Show Cause stating I'm violating the "neither side shall withhold reasonable consent" provision. Does ex have a case? I've paid my share of every reasonable request thus far (leaking roof, dishwasher replacement, etc.).

Thanks

#773673 - 06/15/17 02:59 PM Re: Definition of Word Repair [Re: Bfm0]
TJMH Online   content

enthusiast

Given what you say, that a real estate professional has told you that the $25K investment will not result in a $25K increase in sale price, it sounds like your refusal is reasonable. Another factor to consider or ask the agent about though--will the improvements likely result in a quicker sale, getting you out from under the mortgage sooner?

That said, I don't think you're going to get a good read on "does ex have a case" from internet strangers who only know your side of the story. You need to discuss the situation and the facts presented in her OSC request with a real lawyer who's familiar with your local court.

#774031 - 10/31/17 08:03 AM Re: Definition of Word Repair [Re: TJMH]
Emma85 Offline
recently joined

hey hi
"I think TJMH is absolutely right," and you reply.

Regard
assetprotectioncenter

Edited by Emma85 (10/31/17 08:06 AM)

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: