I'm in desperate need of guidance
My husband got a new job in California and we moved here 3 weeks ago from Illinois. I just discovered he has been having an affair with an employee from Illinois. He has been in constant communication with her and wants to move her up to California once he divorces me. This was a huge blow and when I confronted him he informed me he did in fact want a divorce, doesn't love me, wants me gone etc. I'm not sure where to start the process...I don't have thousands of dollars to hire an attorney and since we got here he has maxed out our credit cards buying suits for work and other items so using a credit card is not an option at this point. He has agreed to give me whatever I want and will make this as painless as possible for him and myself. We are considering using a mediator since we are both in agreeance and it would be cheaper in the long run.
We have 3 small children and I have been a stay at home mom for the past 10 1/2 years of our marriage. I do not have a degree to fall back on and I cannot afford to live here in California so I will have to move back home to Florida once we are divorced. He agrees that I will have the children with the exception of some summer time and every other Christmas holiday. I'm not sure how this will work with the courts since we have only been in California a few short weeks and if we need to establish residency here before we can get divorced? If that's the case will our divorce be in Illinois and we will have to fly back to file etc?