Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#93353 - 03/29/06 08:35 PM Sons' ... Rights..
leroy51 Offline
recently joined

Greetings.. Like others I am uncertain as to just "Where" to Post this. So am hopeful that someone here maybe of some help on this. My "Son" is a soon to be Unwed Father and is finding it impossible to gain/get any help in finding out just what Rights and such he may have. And.."Yes"...he has contacted the H.H.S. .. Child Protection Service .. and many others without any help at all. He is like most young men and basically "Broke" all the time and as such cannot afford to hire an attorney. The long and short here is that the B/M is not being at all easy to get along with on many matters..the least of which is the issue of DNA Testing. All that we have read/foung on the Web strongly suggest in this process being done...regardless. And his insurance company will not include this child on his policy without it.
There are really far too many issues envolved between these two young people to get into right now, but will be most happy to should anyone care to listen to be interested in hearing? To an unbiased observer one might think there is a good reason she is reluctant to agree to this, but I can also understand her feeling extremely Insulted by it. But someone will have to provide Medical Coverage and is usually the one making the most money. And as she intends to be a stay at home Mom...this will leave only him. She keeps Playing him with first agreeing to let him know when the time comes...then saying she won't. It's been back and forth with her so much on so many things by now that he really has no idea where he stands on anything. So any assistance..direction or suggestions from anyone...will be Greatly Appreciated. Yours, leroy51

#93354 - 04/11/06 11:21 PM Re: Sons' ... Rights.. [Re: leroy51]
elliesmom Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Your son needs an attorney. If she doesn't put him on the birth certificate, this will be difficult for him. If she does, he can dispute it and get a DNA test at that time. Either way, he needs to get the ball rolling and possibly get her to sign on to a good visitation schedule BEFORE the relationship truly sours.

#93355 - 07/30/06 01:56 PM Re: Sons' ... Rights.. [Re: elliesmom]
leroy51 Offline
recently joined

Hey "elliesmom"..! I am so Sorry it has taken me so long to Reply to your Response! I'd thought there was the typical "Alert Response" to a Post here, but guess not? I had Checked this Site for about a week after first Posting and did not see anything...so assumed I wouldn't be getting a Reply...Sorry! Anyway...we've long since past the issue of the DNA Testing and our Son is most assuredly the ... FATHER!!! My "Wife" and I are now the Very PROUD Grandparents of a "Bouncing Baby Boy"...he's 4 months old now and weighing in at approx. 17lbs.!! We retained an Attn: of some reputation in dealing with issues pertaining to Unwed Fathers..etc.
To date..we are in the Temporary Visistaion part..and our Son just found out that he maybe looking at $500 a month in Child Support! He's allowed Sat. 1p.m. until 10p.m. for 4wks. Then Sat. & Sun. .. same time frame .. for 4 more weeks...then from 5p.m. Friday thru 10p.m. Sunday eve. This last Sat. was his 3rd day to spend with his SON and my Wife and I have Truly "Enjoyed" every Precious Minute of this time.
Unfortunately besides dealing with "Anorexia" since her early "Teens"...the B/M also has a .. Problem .. with Drinking. I can't tell you how Reluctant our Son was to Have to leave his Son with the B/M Sat. nite when realizing she was Totally..."Blitz"!!! His Attn: advised him to contact John Law and have them go over to .. investigate .. themselves. Which of course they were Very Reluctant to do..?
But of course by the time they actually had shown up...she had Split with her New Boyfriend and our Grandson!! I can't even begin to tell you how "Stressed..Upset" and Nervous we all are here now in KNOWING this most likely has been the case since Birth..and will undoubtedly..continue. Since her Parents had gone to a Wedding .. out of Town .. I can only Assume she decided to Satisfy not only her Urge to get Drunk..but something else as well..?
We are all finding it Truly "Unbelievable" that a situation such as this will or would be ALLOWED to continue. But as our State is Obviously TOTALLY "Biased" in Favor of the B/M...we are unsure as to just what the next step should be? Although the Attn: did come Highly Recommended and all..he really didn't appear to be of much Help/Assistance at all to our Son that evening.
Through some pretty extensive Research and getting as many people as possible to actually talk with us from "H.H.S." .. my Wife and I were HORRIFIED to find out that Child Protection Services refuse to become envolved until such time..as the Attn: put it ... "Blood..is Drawn"!!This is Totally Unexceptable to my Wife...Son and I!! As it is fairly Obvious to anyone with a modicum of Intelligence just "How" this situation will most likely end...IF something is not done...and SOON!!
So if there is ANY "Insider" type Info or Experience in such matters that You..or Anyone Else here may have in What we can or should do...it most Certainly will be GREATLY Appreciated!! Thanks again for you Help!!
Yours...Very Distraught...Grandfather!!

#93356 - 08/03/06 08:14 AM Re: Sons' ... Rights.. [Re: leroy51]
leroy51 Offline
recently joined

After doing some fairly extensive Reading on this "Site"...it has become fairly apparent to me that I am in the "Wrong" Place..? In that this "Forum/Site" is setup primarily for "Divorced" (?) Mothers...dealing with Issues pertaining to Wayward/Errant Fathers or ones who are just your basic "A-Holes". For some reason I am just unable to wrap my Mind around the thought/idea that ANY PARENT..for ANY REASON..would NOT want the Absolute BEST for their Child...Regardless of the circumstances!! But this is another "Story" right now and as such do "Wish" I had the time to be of some Help to any that may need it. This being said..I am Hopeful that Anyone on this Site maybe able to send me a Link/Site or such whereas I maybe able to find some answers to the questions/problems my Son is faced with? The issues pertaining to Child Protection Services..here in Nebr..were prior to Child Birth. For any of you who live here...know that we have NOW come to find out that had WE of contacted Them on this Evening..They would of MOST ASSUREDLY became envoled..Post Haste!! As They put it..we are OPEN 24/7 when it comes to the Health and Well Being of ANY Child..period! Let me "Apologize" for intruding on what I obviously have no Rights to do so. Yours, Leroy51

#93357 - 08/18/06 04:40 PM Re: Sons' ... Rights.. [Re: leroy51]
elliesmom Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

you might have your son check out www.dadsdivorce.com

My DH posted there while going through his divorce and custody issues last year and they were a huge help to him.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: