Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#774405 - 03/03/18 03:13 AM Reporting income change?
John Durst Offline
recently joined

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew if you are required to report a change in income that might affect alimony. In my case, my ex-wife graduated from college just after we separated, but has been working part time at a pawn shop. Because she had suffered a back injury years ago the judge wouldn't impute any income potential for her, although her degrees are in accounting and finance management which wouldn't really be affected by her injury and certainly much less than being on her feet in a pawn shop. She has stayed underemployed deliberately to increase her alimony, but now that that has been settled my stepdaughter told me she's been applying for more appropriate jobs. If she does obtain full time employment is she required to report that, or do I need to do my own detective work? Thanks for any info.

#774406 - 03/03/18 05:42 AM Re: Reporting income change? [Re: John Durst]
MinnesotaMom Offline

old hand

It's uncommon to change alimony unless the ink just dried on the papers. Unless your decree says she has to report income, she doesn't have to. I would ask an attorney in your local jurisdiction as the issue may vary in some aress.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: