Featured Article: About Divorce Source...
An Outline for Taking Charge of Your Divorce
(provided by John K. Grubb & Associates, P.C.)
1. You and your attorney
- Working with
- Following advice
- Remember who is the employer and who is the employee
- Best outcome
- Reasonable outcome
- Worst case outcome
- Develop an overall plan
- Prepare your offense
- What is your defense
5. Dealing with soon to be ex-spouse
- Inventory of assets and liabilities
- Documents and summaries for your attorney
- Request for production
- Bullet points
6. Expect the unexpected
- "When in doubt, take the high road out"
- Do not say or do anything that you do not want to see on the front page of the newspaper or all over the internet
- Be reasonable
- Do not discuss the past
- Direct conversations to the future
7. After the Judge says "you are divorced"
- From your soon to be ex-spouse
- From your spouse's attorney
- From a time stand point
- From the Court system
- From the result
- Read the Decree - before it is signed and re-read after it is signed
- Change beneficiaries
- Be prepared to do things by yourself for yourself
- Forgive and forget?
- Are you disabled?
- Building a new life
Information provided by:
John K. Grubb & Associates, P.C. located at
Texas Articles and Resources
Texas Divorce Laws
Texas: Start Your Divorce
Texas Divorce Forum
Texas Divorce Source
Helpful Resources: About Divorce Source...
Copyrightę 1996-. All rights reserved by MH Sub I, LLC dba 3StepDivorce.
Please Read Our Disclaimer