Ending your marriage affects almost everything in your life. In addition to taking an enormous emotional toll, it forces you to reassess every aspect of your personal finances ... including insurance.
Important Issues for the Newly Separated or Divorced
- Maintaining Your Health Coverage
- Protecting Your Home
- Protecting Your Car
- Securing Your Financial Future
- Parenting and Insurance
- Starting/Leaving a Job
- Divorce & COBRA
- Life Insurance Ownership in Divorce
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Classification of Life Insurance
- Valuation of Life Insurance
- Distribution of Life Insurance
- Restraining Order or Injunction on the Right to Change the Beneficiary
- The Effect of Divorce on Beneficiary Status
- The Effect of Distribution of the Policy Itself on the Right to Proceeds As Beneficiary
- Effect of Distribution of Property in General or General Waiver of Right to Property of Other
- Life Insurance for the Former Spouse
- Life Insurance for the Child(ren)
- Extent of Interest Created in Beneficiary
- Effect of Failure to Comply with Court Order or Agreement
Below are some important issues you should consider when thinking about your financial future. Investigate each topic to find out how being newly single affects your planning.
The Basics About Insurance & Divorce
Insurance Tools & On-line Quotes
An In Depth Look at Life Insurance & Divorce
Related Article ArchivesChild Support
Insurance & Divorce
All Article Archives
Related CategoriesCollect & Paying Child Support
Related ForumsChild Support
Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Make Sure You Document Everything.
Divorce & Money: How to Make the Best Financial Decisions
Life Insurance and Divorce
Established in 1996
© 1996 - 2021 Divorce Source, Inc. All Rights Reserved.