If you reach or have reached the point where divorce is imminent, you will need to look at practical issues. You need to push aside your emotions and address the legal issues of divorce. The way you handle this might have a ripple effect on the rest of your life. Here is how to make it a ripple and not a tidal wave.
- Letting Them Know You're Getting Divorced: Knowing who is true to you will make the coping bearable. More likely than anyone else, the people with whom you will grow old are those with goals, morals, and beliefs like yours.
- Filing for Divorce: You are about to undo the most serious relationship of your life. Do it with the help of a qualified and reputable person.
- Fighting and Using the Children as Pawns: Time out! Children are not pieces on a chess board. They are not to be played as pawns.
- Finances - How to Pay the Piper: Divorce is wrought with fears, and one of the greatest dreads is "How will I deal with finances?" No doubt, the dollar and cent scenario is high on your list of worries.
- Helpful Ways to Save Money: Throughout the divorce process you will need every penny you can get.
- Tips About the Moving Process: If you ask friends or relatives to help you move, be sure to have everything ready.
- Tips About Renting an Apartment: Before looking at apartments or houses, evaluate your living needs: number of rooms, location, distance from shopping and public transportation, price and facilities.
- Divorce Support Groups: The first meetings with your support group can be emotional. You will share stories and tears with people who had been married anywhere from a year to over 30 years.
- Coping Skills: Developing your self-esteem is an important step in living through separation and divorce. You should focus on your personal strengths and not be distracted by situations that decrease your confidence.
- New Relationships: How difficult and ugly was your divorce? This may determine how you're feeling right now. Do you have that trampled feeling? Did your spouse leave you for the proverbial younger man or woman.
Related Article ArchivesCounseling Issues
All Article Archives
Related CategoriesDivorce Recovery
Parenting Through Divorce
Related ForumsDomestic Abuse
Life After Divorce
Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Make Sure You Document Everything.
Men's Rights Manual for Divorce
Women's Rights Manual for Divorce
Established in 1996
© 1996 - 2021 Divorce Source, Inc. All Rights Reserved.