Tennessee Divorce Start Your Divorce Find Professionals Tennessee Articles Divorce Facts Divorce Grounds Residency Divorce Laws Mediation/Counseling Divorce Process Legal Separation Annulments Property Division Alimony Child Custody Child Support Divorce Forms Process Service Grandparent Rights Forum Tennessee Products Divorce by County
5 Divorce Questions For Women
1. If you are asking for alimony for more than one year, have you considered annual cost of living increases in your budget?
2. Do you know that you must pay taxes on alimony payments? Is this expense in your monthly budget?
3. What amount of child support/alimony do you need to maintain your current standard of living?
4. If you want to keep the house, can you really afford the monthly expenses including unexpected repairs? If your budget has less than 120 items, you have probably forgotten something. How many items are in your budget?
5. Do you feel confident about your post-divorce finances?
During your divorce you will be making the most important financial decisions of your life at a time when you are least able. Take the time to understand the numbers before you sign your divorce papers. Secure your future and your children’s future. Don’t just get a divorce. Get a smart divorce.
There is no provision in the Tennessee Code for the restoration of a wife's name upon divorce. However, a wife may resume the use of her former or maiden name after a divorce.
Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Established in 1996
© 1996 - 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Divorce Source. All Rights Reserved.