Divorce Financial Planning: Checklist for a Financial Successful Divorce:
(Provided by: DivorceandFinance.com)
Go to: Divorce Financial Planning Informational Section
- Your birth certificate?
- Your spouse's birth certificate?
- Birth certificates for each child?
- Your marriage license or certificate?
- Divorce decrees or death certificates regarding any prior marriage?
- Records showing title to the family real estate and the cost basis adjusted for improvements and depreciation?
- Real and personal property tax receipts?
- Income tax returns for the past four years?
- Title to your cemetery lot or mausoleum, if any?
- Titles to automobiles, boats, motors, etc.?
- Your social security number?
- Your spouse's social security number?
- Social security numbers of each of your children?
- Where your spouse keeps life insurance policies?
- A list of the life insurance policies on your spouse's life, including group insurance?
- The face value (less loans) on all insurance on your spouse's life on January 1 of this year?
- The name and address of the life insurance agent for your spouse?
- The premiums, due dates, and beneficiary designations on life insurance?
- Similar information on life insurance on your life and the lives of your children?
- What medical, accident, and health insurance your family owns?
- The nature, coverage's, premiums, and due dates on all property and liability insurance?
- The name and address of the insurance broker who handles your casualty insurance?
- The life, accident, health and other group insurance from your spouse's (or your) employment?
- The amount of social security benefits you and your children will receive upon your spouse's death?
- A list of any benefits to which you, your spouse or your children my be entitled, based upon your spouse's military service, or corporate stock options?
- The market value of your separate assets on January 1 of this year?
- The market value of your spouse's assets on January 1 of this year?
- The market value on January 1 of this year of all real estate, stocks, corporate bonds, government bonds, and other property owned with your spouse (or anyone) in any form of joint ownership?
- The location and number of any safe deposit box in your spouse's name, your name or joint names?
- The location of the keys to the safe deposit box and the parties who have access thereto and the passwords, if any?
- All family bank accounts, including the banks, the titles of the accounts, and the persons who have powers of attorney?
- Where your spouse's Will is kept?
- The contents of your spouse's Will, including the name of the personal representative?
- Whether you have a power of appointment under your spouse's Will or any other instrument?
- The name and address of the attorney who drew the Will or should represent the estate? (You should know her or him personally.)
- The name and address of the accountant whom your spouse employs on personal affairs?
- The name and address of the preparer of your tax returns?
- Your spouse's principal banking contact?
- The names of the stockbrokers you and your spouse use?
- The approximate family income for the fast year?
- Your spouse's various business interests, including percentage of ownership, rights upon death or the death of an associate, and whether such businesses are operated as corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorship?
- The desires of your spouse, and you, for the disposition of any closely held business?
Find State Information:
Find Divorce Professionals:
About Us | Monthly Newsletter | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement | Contact Us | Advertising
The information contained on this page is not to be considered legal advice. A lawyer should always be consulted in regards to any legal matters. Divorce Source, Inc. is also not a referral service and does not endorse or recommend any third party individuals, companies, and/or services. Divorce Source, Inc. has made no judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating professionals. Read our Terms & Conditions. © 1996 - 2013 Divorce Source, Inc. All Rights Reserved.