Start Your Washington Divorce Online Today! Hire a Lawyer or File for Divorce Yourself. Learn More >>>
Grandparent Issues: Washington
(Provided by: Divorce Source, Inc. Staff)Grandparent Rights to Visitation:Go to: Grandparent Issues Informational SectionWhen visitation is in the best interest of the child.Title 26, Chapter 26.09, Section 26.09.230 (R.C.W.A. §26.09.230).
When Adoption Occurs:Adoption terminates all rights.Child Custody Statutes:
The greatest weight is given to factor (1) above. R.C.W.A. §26.09.187.
- each party's relative strength, nature and stability of the relationship with the child, including which party has taken greater responsibility for the child;
- any agreement of the parties;
- each party's past and potential for future performance of parenting functions;
- child's emotional needs and development;
- the child's relationship with siblings and any other significant adults, and involvement in his or her physical surroundings, school, and other activities;
- the wishes of the parties and the child; and
- each party's employment schedule.
Parents May Choose:Yes
Find a Washington Divorce Professional: or By City
[an error occurred while processing this directive]