Navigation Bar

[About Divorce Source]
State Specific Modification Forms for Custody/Visitation and Child Support

It is recommended by most Judges and Lawyers that parents review their custody, visitation and support arrangements/orders at least every two years to make sure they reflect what actually exists or should exist , keeping the best interest of the child(ren) at the forefront.

Whether or not you and the other parent agree, custody, visitation and support can be changed.

- If you and your ex-spouse agree to the changes and you have already implemented them, be sure to file with the court the request to implement those changes. This way the changes are on record and are recognized by the court.

- If you and your ex-spouse do not agree to the changes, you must file your requests with the court in hope they will grant you the changes based on the evidence and circumstances presented.

A Few Popular Reasons to Modify Custody/Visitation & Child Support

1. Child(ren) are now or are going to be living with the other parent.
2. The non-custodial parent has more overnight visitation with the child(ren).
3. The non-custodial parent has less overnight visitation with the child(ren).
4. Either parent has a substantial increase or decrease in annual income.
5. Custodial parent begins working.
6. Child(ren) need child care.
7. Current arrangements are clearly not in the best interest of the child(ren) (abuse, neglect, unhealthy living environment, etc.).
8. Substantial increase or decrease in expenses for child(ren).
9. Change in State Child Support Guidelines.

State Specific Modification Software:
Some people choose to have a Lawyer prepare modification forms for them, but this software will provide you with the instructions and tools to easily draft, execute and file them yourself.

Click Here to Learn More & Order
Price $59.95

DS HomeArchivesBulletin MenuChat RoomsFamily Law Links Publications MenuDictionary
[an error occurred while processing this directive]