Asking husband to leave home

Posted by: ms_keyt

Asking husband to leave home - 03/15/08 04:29 AM

My name and my father's name are on the mortgage of the house in which my husband, baby daughter, and I live. It is our primary residence. My husband's name is on the title (because I thought it was the right thing to do). He is hostile and callous and I can't take his bullying anymore(emotional not physical -- huh, yet) especially not with our 5 month old daughter around. I want a trial separation w/ counseling and I want him to leave the house. He is working in Gadsden anyway and commuting from Bham every day. What are my rights as far as asking him to leave? what forms of abandonment are there (is there such a thing as emotional abandonment or abandonment of marriage responsibilities?) thanks for any advice . . .
Posted by: Pops_IL_CP_Dad

Re: Asking husband to leave home - 03/15/08 01:37 PM

You can ask but he doesn't have to leave.

Alabama is a no fault state based upon the following grounds: (1) Incompatibility. (2) Irretrievable breakdown of the marriage. (3) voluntary abandonment from bed and board for one year.