ot

Posted by: hypnotiq2306

ot - 08/13/06 09:40 PM

since that there are lots of different opinions on her i thought this would be a good place to post this how do u geel about the cost of living not reflection on the hourly wage? last i heard min wage was still 5.15 thats ridiculousu couldnt survive off of that even with two full time jobs. And i know alot of you will dissagree with me on this but i see nothing wrong with my generation living at home with the economy the way it is it is almost impossible to survive on your own. know its ot but it just bothers me alot when the older generation tries to down mine for the way things are we arent the ones who screwed the economy up
Posted by: JennyLynn

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:43 PM

Minimum wage varies in each state. Here in Oklahoma, it's $5.15. In California, it's much higher, because the cost of living is much higher.

I do think minimum wage should be higher, but I also think that people should educate themselves and further their education so that they don't have to work off of minimum wage while trying to support a family.

Btw - the economy, statistically, is now better than it's been in years.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:46 PM

in nj its still 5.15 what do they expect ppl to do with that? with all the layoffs and the high unemploymeent rate dont see how the economy could get any worse

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:46 PM

Hypno, maybe in YOUR opinion the economy is worse, but in fact, nationwide, it's better than it's ever been.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:48 PM

where did u find that info? my economics professor says its horrible and tht the country is probbly going to go into recession

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:51 PM

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/srgune.nr0.htm

There's one article. Just did a quick search.

I'm sure you could find date to support either theory, this one is from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

This is only a comparison though between last year and this year, to find the data you're looking for, I'd do a search from the last 100 years.
Posted by: katiefedup

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:52 PM

You had better find a new teacher. My Dear, I grew up during a recession. We are no where close to one. You know you are heading for a recession when the cost of a killowat is near min wage, or when a loaf of bread or a gallon of milk cost more than the daily intrest on a 60 month 100K CD.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:53 PM

ROFL
Posted by: Buckeye

Yeah, that is what liberal professors say all the time. It a fact, if you do some research yourself. The unemployment rate is at the lowest it has been in years and year. The economy is better too.

bush screwed up the economy things were better when clinton was in office

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:54 PM

I just love students who can't think for themselves...and believe everything a professor tells them.

Honey, I'm in college too, a lot of professors are liberal, and give you opinion, not fact, when it comes to the economy and politics.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 09:54 PM

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. You better do some independent research because you are being handed a bunch of lies.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:00 PM

Did your wise professor ever explain to you the daily index rate? That is usually taught in Econ 101. If your professor is comparing Clinton to Bush is he also comparing in "sameness" of decades? Or does have his own agenda?

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:01 PM

from what i see on the news i believe things are really screwed up with all the layoffs and everything it makes alot of sense

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:02 PM

ROFL and you KNOW you can ALWAYS believe what you see on the news!!

Hell I don't even watch that crap. I learn more from Barney and Friends.

I get my information elsewhere...like credible sources.
Posted by: Miranda

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:04 PM

So you are not old enough to live on your own, but you are old enough to be a mom and "raise a child"?

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:04 PM

Do you EVER see on the news about the good stuff??? NO - because they have their own agenda. Bad news sells - no one is interested in good news.

I can remember going through some recessions and this market place is NO where near that.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:06 PM

layoffs??? What are you talking about. This nation has one of the lowest unemployment rates TODAY that it has had 25 years. The big companies that are doing the layoffs are doing it because they are outsourcing, not because the nation has lost any spending power. DeVry Univ.?????

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:07 PM

i dont have a choice in that i could never afford it ill wait until i get my degree then ill move out until then ill stay at home

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:11 PM

Hypno...PLEASE please please don't be one of those people who only believe what their professors tell them. You could just so easily have gotten a professor telling you the complete opposite, and would've believed him. Do your own research. Don't just believe what people tell you. Same with the news - Buckeye is totally right when she says they only show the bad stuff. I don't think a lot of people realize how many positive stories they DON'T show b/c it ISN'T what sales.

Re: ot - 08/13/06 10:23 PM

When I was going to college, I couldn't afford to move out either. So, nothing has really changed.

I worked full time in the summer - actually, worked more than 40 hours per week. I saved my money, had a partial scholarship and paid for the rest myself. No help from my parents other than not charging me to stay at home and covering my auto and medical insurance.

During the winter, I worked 12 hours a week. Enough to pay for the gas and food.
Posted by: Susanf31

Re: ot - 08/13/06 11:24 PM

know its ot but it just bothers me alot when the older generation tries to down mine for the way things are we arent the ones who screwed the economy up

+++++++

Really? If "we" aren't the ones screwing up the economy, then who is?
Posted by: almostheaven

Re: ot - 08/14/06 12:25 AM

What about those who DO have special training, either certificates or degrees who don't make much more than min. wage? Should they keep increasing min. wage while keeping those who did more than high school at just a slight level above what it is now? I've seen min. wage increase many times while other jobs have stayed the same level that required more skills than just a HS diploma alone.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:25 AM

those certificates get u no where
Posted by: Rebecca5

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:35 AM

Apparently, they can bring complete words, sentences and *even* punctuation. Neat!

You are misinformed. Depending on what the certificate is for, they can provide as much education as a potential employer requires. Obviously, a certificate in Mulch Creation won't impress NASA, unless they are looking for a groundskeeper. However, if you have a certificate in Linux, and IBM is hiring programmers....you're in like Flynn.

My best friend's little brother did just that, has been working for IBM for 3 years, and is bringing in about $80K a year, at 22 years old.
Posted by: rocketgirl

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:36 AM

What also gets "u" "no where" is not learning how to spell correctly, use proper grammer and punctuation and writing complete sentences. I sincerely hope you are taking an English class or two in your college career.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:37 AM

You beat me! lol

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:38 AM

writing in eglash gits u nowere didnt anywon ever tell u that my professor telled me that no 1 needs to no how to rite a basik sentance

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:39 AM

Obviously it wasn't the economics professor!!!

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:40 AM

in 2006 certificates are pretty useless unless u get lucky

U no whats sad? I knowed what you done rote and dicifered it my very own self!

Stacy????

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:41 AM

[quote]U no whats sad? I knowed what you done rote and dicifered it my very own self! [/quote]

You musta got taht there fancy book learnin' who tot u 2 read so good
Posted by: Melody

LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:42 AM

u 2 r gosh dern funny!

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:43 AM

dont make fun of southerners

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:43 AM

[quote]dont make fun of southerners [/quote]

or what?

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:44 AM

Why not? Is making fun of northerners OK?
Posted by: M5M5

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:45 AM

I'm a southerner and I thought it was purty gosh durn funny meself

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:45 AM

[quote]Why not? Is making fun of northerners OK? [/quote]

I don't think anyone is making fun of anyone else except a particular writing style.

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:46 AM

who was making fun of northerers?

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:46 AM

[quote]Why not? Is making fun of northerners OK? [/quote]

youbetcha!

who's making fun of southerners? - 08/14/06 01:46 AM

I'm making fun of people who cannot spell, puncuate, or construct a sentence!

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:47 AM

Well, you little "Rebel"!!! LOL

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:47 AM

[quote]who was making fun of northerers? [/quote]

Who is making fun of southerners?

Oh my God! - 08/14/06 01:47 AM

It's like talking to a five year old! All right, sweetie, allow us to draw a picture for you to explain the joke....NOT!

Re: Oh my God! - 08/14/06 01:49 AM

?
Posted by: Renee

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:55 AM

The net shorthand works on the teenager boards. Unfortunately for hypno this board is populated by adults who have already graduated from college, are working their careers or raising their families, and have something for their efforts. Namely, life experience. I thought I knew everything that was wrong with our government when I was that age too, but time is a wicked teacher and life isn't so black and white.

Oh, and FYI -- college degrees are very important to obtaining that entry level job. I don't know how many of those newbie college grads are in our company running the cash registers. I've also lost count on how many I've had to turn down when I'm hiring my Engineers because they don't know what an IP address is. Now, those of us with those useless certifications (mine happens to be technical) are making 60k + in our Managerial position. But then our company isn't that successful -- its only the largest grocery store chain in the country.

Just keep blindly listening to that college professor like a good little lemming, and one day soon you'll be out in the workforce ringing up my groceries.

Re: LOL...or should I say..."olo"? - 08/14/06 01:56 AM

heee heee heee.....<slapping my leg>

bless her heart!

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:56 AM

And I can guarantee you most of those college grads running the cash registers can't count out change without looking to see what they are supposed to give back!

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:57 AM

i would rather not work then stoop to that low level

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:58 AM

You mean you would rather have welfare? That figures, you won't work and I will have to support your lazy butt!!!

Now you're insulting - 08/14/06 01:59 AM

people who work at cash registers???? Who are YOU, Ivana Trump????

ROFLMAO! - 08/14/06 01:59 AM

I had a line in there about that but I pulled it -- thought it would be too insulting....

I also had a line in there referring to the Illustrious Professor (why do I get an image of the Professor from Gilligans Island in my head?!) where I said Those That Can't Do, TEACH -- but I thought that would be too insulting to our fellow posters who teach where it counts, in the k-12.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 01:59 AM

And THAT kind of attitude is exactly why you will not succeed in the corporate world and why it is so darn scary for older people to leave our future to young people.

yea, that's it - 08/14/06 02:00 AM

good honest work is BELOW some people...they would rather mooch off the government and be given money for doing NOTHING. That takes a superior intellect....why are you even bothering with college, dear one? hypno, I mean?

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:00 AM

im proud to get free money for doing nothing

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:01 AM

Figures...

I call troll....

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:03 AM

I thought so right from the beginning but now it is very apparent.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:03 AM

im just being honest

F*ing Troll!!! - 08/14/06 02:03 AM

shoulda known....if it smells like a troll, it sounds like a troll, it writes like a troll....TROLL.

...and you wonder why - 08/14/06 02:04 AM

...people "get down on" your generation.

Go ahead and start the vicious cycle of being a welfare leech - do it now. Because I guarantee you with your Piss Poor, Know-it-All attitude, unqualified arrogance, and pathetic language skills, you will NOT obtain employment doing much else than asking "Paper or Plastic?"

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:04 AM

No, you aren't honest, you are a lazy person and will NEVER do well because you think everyone else owes you.

Why don't you develop your own company and then you have a right to pay whatever wages you want.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:05 AM

honestly a loser... oh i'm sorry i ment luzr

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:05 AM

Then you are in the wrong place. You will get no support here. Why don't you try www.imamooch.com?

Have a great life...

I dunno, Renee - 08/14/06 02:05 AM

that might be a stretch...I mean so many choices!!!

I actually am worried that the hands of our country will someday be in the hands of some real idiots! Thank goodness there are some kids out there that do well in school and aspire to DO something with their lives....it's just that there doesn't seem to be enough of them.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:06 AM

i dont have to work so why should i?

PaperHat University - 08/14/06 02:07 AM

c'mn nw dnt nslt th latst grdut

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:07 AM

i do great in school im focusing on that and if i dont have to work im not going to. ill work after i graduate

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:09 AM

Yeah, you do great repeating what was told to you BUT can you think on your own??? Doesn't appear that way.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:09 AM

I'm sure you are doing great in text messaging class.

Good luck finding that high earning job. You are going to need it.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:11 AM

i dont need luck the field im majoring in is in demand

They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:12 AM

wow...I know some CPs and NCPs who would do well in that field.

Re: ot - 08/14/06 02:13 AM

That was my point - after college you're not going to get very far without an attitude adjustment. I suspect the first few turndowns you get, or the first few entry level offers you get will come as a shock to you.

You see, companies that pay well are usually not non-profit. They want to make money, and they want people who will work for them and add value to the organization. Alot of companies will only hire people that come in with reasonable expectations, a strong work ethic and team player attitude. In short, people that will EARN their paycheck.

Those companies are not going to throw dream salaries at college grads with no experience, an entitlement attitude, and one eye on the clock every day.

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:13 AM

criminal justice is in high demand since 9/11

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:14 AM

LMAO.. that was good!

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:15 AM

God help us all if you are going to be defending us against criminals!

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:15 AM

i would wait for something better then take a job not at my skill level

Oh yeah - 08/14/06 02:15 AM

you know...those over-educated unemployed folks...they are real delights.

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:16 AM

Sweetie... you have to have EXPERIENCE to get SKILL.

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:16 AM

Not to mention that companies like to see that their people work while attending college, even if it is only for summer employment. Shows that they aren't lazy.

You mean - 08/14/06 02:17 AM

something that you feel is BENEATH you? Lovely attitude...and again....God Help US if this is what todays youth brings to the table!!!

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:18 AM

"i would wait for something better then take a job not at my skill level".

But you don't care if you have to use welfare???

Re: You mean - 08/14/06 02:18 AM

i have experience i just dont use it now im focusing on school so i can get it over with working is not a priority for me

Re: Oh yeah - 08/14/06 02:18 AM

Yea but they sure do make time pass easier when I'm stuck in traffic on the way to work and I'm watching them jockey for position at the unemployment office.

Re: They give degrees in "demand" - 08/14/06 02:19 AM

Naw -- and if thats not available she can either try to sponge off the parents or find a man to take care of her.

experience in what - 08/14/06 02:20 AM

you're 23? So what experience do you have right now? Nail polish? Jerry Springer?

What jobs have you done in your lengthy stint as an adult? I'm sure they are all applicable to your administration of justice career.

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:22 AM

management training sales data entry mecial assistant security

Police Officers - 08/14/06 02:24 AM

are one of the most underpaid professions there is, if thats the route you're planning on taking.

If you think you're going to go get a job with the FBI right off the bat, well good luck. Considering how that organization prefers experienced law enforcement professionals to wet behind the ears college grads you may have to wait a bit.

Unless of course you want to be the office go-fer. But then, wouldn't THAT be beneath your (imagined albeit inexperienced) skill level also?

Wow....what job is that? - 08/14/06 02:24 AM

I've never met a "management training sales data entry mecial assistant security" person before. Where did you work?

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:24 AM

no wonder my hand still feels like pins and needles

Re: Wow....what job is that? - 08/14/06 02:25 AM

What is mecial?

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:26 AM

no thats not the route i plan on taking i plan on going to law school

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:27 AM

Oh great, just want we need - Another bottom feeding lawyer!!!

Re: Wow....what job is that? - 08/14/06 02:27 AM

mecal is when one wants to move to California

Re: Wow....what job is that? - 08/14/06 02:27 AM

Entry Level Key Punch Operator who works for the Security office in a hospital is what I'm reading...

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:28 AM

Guess that is another thing that you didn't check into - from what I hear, lawyers are having problems - too many of them.

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:28 AM

no i want to help single mothers get what they deserve

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:29 AM

[quote]management training sales data entry mecial assistant security [/quote]

Translation:
Management Training: Asst Mgmt at the Gap or the Limited or some clothing store selling over-priced clothing made for 30 cents in China by political dissidents.

Sales: The position before the Asst Mgr.

Data Entry: Receptionist or bank clerk that typed up someone elses documents.

Medical Asst: Took down pertinent vitals when you walked into the docs office, or was the one who cleaned the bed pans in the hospital.

Security: Sat at a desk all day reading her homework for college and got up once an hour to walk the building and turn the key in the little thing on the wall. Or walked the mall looking out for the teenage troublemakers.

In other words, you want to be hired by legal aid because a lot of single mothers have NO MONEY.

you dont need a degree to become a police officer

Very good. I am a single mother that wants what she deserves. I will pay you min wage if you get the job done

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:30 AM

In my city, you need a degree to be a police officer.

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 02:31 AM

Oh, yes you do.... you better ask your professor about that before you spout off about what you don't know.

So much for a high paying job - 08/14/06 02:31 AM

Hang a shingle and work pro-bono because single mothers are usually too busy buying diapers and formula and keeping the lights on to pay a lawyer.

Re: So much for a high paying job - 08/14/06 02:33 AM

its not the money as much as i want to help single mothers in my county you do not need a degree to be a police officer. if u want to be a state trooper you need a degree. i never worked in retail

Re: So much for a high paying job - 08/14/06 02:35 AM

In my city, you MUST have at least an Associate Degree in Criminal Law to be a police officer. If you want to advance to any higher than foot patrol, then you need even more college.

Also, you have to go through a police academy.

Re: So much for a high paying job - 08/14/06 02:36 AM

My sister who has a Psychobology degree from USC, after many hard years (high school drop out) decided she wanted to work for the LAPD. Guess what???? No high school diploma or GED no interview. I will say it again...you are a lazy, STUPID, board troll.

Oh they were individual jobs???? - 08/14/06 02:36 AM

Ah....see what lack of punctuation can do???

Well this has been fun... - 08/14/06 02:37 AM

but I'm off to study for my next certification. I've got a b!tch of a test tomorrow and I refuse to tank it.

Don't y'all miss me too much and have fun!

later!

Re: Oh they were individual jobs???? - 08/14/06 02:37 AM

how did she go to college without a hs diploma

then why are you in college now? - 08/14/06 02:38 AM

shouldn't you be out catching the bad guys?

Re: then why are you in college now? - 08/14/06 02:39 AM

i dont want to be a police officer

you know Renee - 08/14/06 02:39 AM

those certificates are USELESS....just ask hypno!

Re: Oh they were individual jobs???? - 08/14/06 02:40 AM

Banging head on wall.....she didn't say they didn't have a degree but that was the requirements.

You not only can't write English - you apparently can't read it either.

Re: Oh they were individual jobs???? - 08/14/06 02:40 AM

Oh dear Lord, anyone over the age of 25 with enough money can go to USC without a diaploma. It is called Adult Education.

Re: you know Renee - 08/14/06 02:41 AM

Funny, how I see things in the job section of the paper that say you need an Associate Degree minimum. Guess those "greedy" corporations don't know they are worthless.

well then I think you're in the wrong program - 08/14/06 02:42 AM

because criminal justice programs are for those who want to be law enforcement officers....LAW is for those who want to be lawyers.

You said "criminal justice is in high demand since 9/11"

Re: you know Renee - 08/14/06 02:43 AM

a degree and a certificate are two different things

Re: you know Renee - 08/14/06 02:46 AM

Funny, the colleges in my town have 3 different things. One is a certificate - which is about 24 credit hours in a specific field of study - like Human Resources.

There, there is an Associate DEGREE - and it is a DEGREE not a certificate and then we have a 4 year DEGREE.

Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:46 AM

but YOU specifically stated...

"hypnotiq2306
journeyman

Reged: 06/30/06

Re: ot [Re: almostheaven]
#135251 - 08/13/06 07:25 PM (24.187.66.226)
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

those certificates get u no where "

So...what's your point???

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:49 AM

that a certificate gets you no where not a degree

Ah...but it depends upon your destination - 08/14/06 02:50 AM

for some a certificate would get them to their goal...for others, perhaps not....yet I wouldn't denounce them so quickly.

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:50 AM

And who told you that - your stupid professors?

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:51 AM

no not actually its just common sense that a certificate will not stand up against a college degree

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:52 AM

There are some people that already have a degree but maybe not in a particular subject like HR. So, they can go get that "certificate" and that would count for a lot more.

And that "certificate" will mean more than someone who attended college and then dropped out.

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:52 AM

Oh, so it is just your opinion???

No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:53 AM

but people with a certificate wouldn't be going up against people with degrees for the same position...duh!

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:53 AM

actually they do you can get a nursint degree or certificate

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:55 AM

Sorry hypno, a nursing degree is normally means an RN.

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:57 AM

normally isn't all the time

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:57 AM

so what do you thing a nursing degree means? Or a nursing certificate?

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 02:59 AM

they are two different things
certificate lvn
bachelors lvn
exact same jobs
Posted by: leegirl

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 02:59 AM

"no not actually its just common sense that a certificate will not stand up against a college degree"
Now that was an idiotic statement and shows you maybe lacking some common sense.
MSCE and CCNA certificates are as valuable as a Degree in Computer Science sometimes more so and I am sure there are other fields with certificates that are as valuable too.

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 03:00 AM

Wrong again. A nursing certicate is COMPLETELY different than a bachelors in nursing. One makes you a LPN the other one makes you an RN - two different things.

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 03:02 AM

what is a nursint degree or certificate? You scare me!

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 03:02 AM

not all the time my cousin has a degree in nursing and she is an lpn

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 03:03 AM

In my state, if you have a degree, you are an RN.

Re: No sh1t, Sherlock - 08/14/06 03:04 AM

A LPN takes a one year course - an RN takes at least 3 years and sometimes more if they are specializing.

No.... - 08/14/06 03:06 AM

an LVN isn't the same as an RN....and each position carries its own requirements. They are NOT interchangeable.

Re: No.... - 08/14/06 03:08 AM

not every state is the same

Re: No.... - 08/14/06 03:09 AM

I'm betting you that every state has different requirements for LPN's than RN's. To state anything different, means you are just not up on the facts. Must be those professors again.

well, THAT's a load off my mind - 08/14/06 03:09 AM

now I can be grateful that my state hires the more qualified nursing personnel for the HARDCORE nursing jobs....I just hope I don't require nursing services in your state.

Re: well, THAT's a load off my mind - 08/14/06 03:11 AM

I have had LPN's that could do nothing more than change bed pans or give you baths. I have had some that could give you shots or pills because of more specialized training but ALWAYS made ready for them by an RN.

Re: well, THAT's a load off my mind - 08/14/06 03:11 AM

she doesn live in my state she lives in bush's state

Re: No.... - 08/14/06 03:12 AM

Okay guys... I can see everyone is punch drunk from banging their heads against this brick wall. The reverberations are being heard around the world.

Can't we agree that Hypnotiq is a troll and quit giving it the satisfaction of wasting board space?
JMHO....

Re: well, THAT's a load off my mind - 08/14/06 03:13 AM

she was talking about a nursnit! If a nursnit comes one step near me I will grab a broom a scream my head off. I don't even know what they look like, but I will know it if they approach!

then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:13 AM

as that's not my vacation place of choice.

You're right rocket - 08/14/06 03:14 AM

I've already washed my hands of her in the other thread...so we're done here....although my barrel fish shooting was going well. ;)

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:15 AM

down south they're a lot more lenient must be since people in the south dont get as good as an education as people in the north

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:16 AM

And you know this for a fact??? Or are you just stating things because YOU like the way they sound?

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:18 AM

You live and are posting from Brooklyn New York

Well, hell.. THAT explains EVERYTHING!

no it was in an article i read southern states are dumber then ones in other parts of the country its not nice but thats what the article said

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:19 AM

Oh, another article that you read and you believe??? So, in other words, your cousin is dumb so that is why she isn't a RN?

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:20 AM

wow you are really off you dont even have the right state

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:21 AM

Well, it's been fun playing with the troll. Maybe in another 20 years, she will really get some smarts.

Have fun everyone - I'm going to bed.
Posted by: matart1

Oh honey, where on earth were you raised...?

You honestly do not believe that do you?

Your education is based on you, not if you are from the north or the south, east or west regions.

Do you have some inbreeding going on in that closet of yours because your thoughts are more than just quirky.

look at the small tiny numbers under your heading.

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:24 AM

i was raised in the rich white neighborhood

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:25 AM

"im the custodial parent im trying to get disability now. i have one child she is 3 months old. we live in nj"

This was her first post.

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:25 AM

You lost me at "Hello"

Re: then I'm even more grateful - 08/14/06 03:32 AM

?

wow...hey you southerners out there? - 08/14/06 03:35 AM

do you think things are easier for you? Do you think people are nicer because you're no so well educated? Wow...talk about generalizations and stereotypes! You're well on your way to making lots of friends here!

Yeah, - 08/14/06 03:36 AM

she was the indentured servant!!!!

Re: wow...hey you southerners out there? - 08/14/06 03:36 AM

its not a stereotype that what everyone calls it
Posted by: Rebecca5

Re: No.... - 08/14/06 03:37 AM

Just for the record....and LPN is different than an RN. States regulate what duties each license holder can perform. In IL, an LPN can do the same things an RN can do, with the exception of IV procedures. The LPN programs around here are 12 months....while the minimum RN is 15 months.

There are also different levels of RN. You can receive an RN from a few different programs....15 month, 2 years, 3 years.....but they all take the same licensing exam......or, you can get a Bachelors of Science in Nursing....again, same test. Some places have different pay scales for RN and BSN....but most places don't care that much. The BSN, sometimes, can get you higher up the administrative food chain....but again, some hospitals don't care. In Illinois, the BSN usually just gets you closer to a more advanced degree.....Nurse Practitioner, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Educator, etc.

Re: wow...hey you southerners out there? - 08/14/06 03:37 AM

I think she is referring to us Mel.

maybe everyone who's a - 08/14/06 03:40 AM

BIGOT! or uneducated...perhaps you are from the south, then.

Re: maybe everyone who's a - 08/14/06 03:43 AM

how am i a biggot?

Re: maybe everyone who's a - 08/14/06 03:49 AM

Bigot is spelled with one "g". For such an educated person, you spell atrociously.

Your blatant...utterly ignorant - 08/14/06 03:50 AM

comment about southerners being poorly educated as compared to northeners. Quite rude. You'd better apologize...your mother would be ashamed if she knew.

You're rather kind - 08/14/06 03:50 AM

to even call her attempts, SPELLING. I thought she was having a seizure on the keyboard!

Re: maybe everyone who's a - 08/14/06 03:51 AM

oh well a lot of people dont spell perfectly thats what spellcheck is for

Re: Your blatant...utterly ignorant - 08/14/06 03:51 AM

Are we talking to an educated Stacey? My head hurts.

funny...it's also what school is for - 08/14/06 03:51 AM

but then you know all that, don't you?

I know.... - 08/14/06 03:52 AM

I was almost wishing she would make an appearance here...the general IQ of the thread would rise dramatically!

Re: I know.... - 08/14/06 03:55 AM

you sll just assume that im stupid if only you know

Re: I know.... - 08/14/06 03:56 AM

I don't assume anything... you keep proving it by every post you make.

Re: I know.... - 08/14/06 03:58 AM

why is everyone on here so bitter? typing isnt my forte

I've just found my Idiot to English dictionary - 08/14/06 04:12 AM

so I was able to translate that phrase. It's funny....it's quite a common one....found in the common phrase section.

Anyway....no dear, we do not have to assume anything....you've demonstrated it quite clearly. Good job!

Ok...then what is? - 08/14/06 04:13 AM

because you haven't displayed much of anything else in terms of talent. Can you tie maraschino cherry stems into knots with your tongue??? I hear they get paid BIG money for that.
Posted by: tsl

Re: ot - 08/14/06 11:41 AM

[quote]bush screwed up the economy things were better when clinton was in office [/quote]

What I recall many, many moons ago in my government and econ classes...is the trickle down effect. The effects of Clinton doesn't show up till the next president is in office. The effects take time, not all are not immediately shown. I don't recall exactly but do recall the "trickle down" effect.

Now, is that true? Or was my whole college life a farse?! LOL

The federal minimum wage is still at $5.15 per hour. they just denied it being raised yet again.
Posted by: gr8Dad

Actually, "trickle down" economics... - 08/14/06 07:01 PM

...is based on the belief that decreasing the tax burden on the wealthy will cause them to spend more, there by helping business that are smaller, in turn helping employees and those in the lesser earning bracket.

The fact of the matter is that the boom economy of the 90's is COMPLETELY due to Bill and Al....

...Bill Gates and Al Greenspan that is, LOL!

Re: Actually, "trickle down" economics... - 08/14/06 07:35 PM

Not just the wealthy, if you decrease the tax burden, everyone has more money in their pockets.

I don't want the government telling me how I should spend my money. I have a pretty good idea what to do with it!!!

Really?... - 08/14/06 09:11 PM

I need to contact Comptia then and request a refund for our A+ and Network+ certifications...REQUIRED by nearly every computer position out there.

Now I call troll!... - 08/14/06 09:13 PM

Not worth any further response.

This troll must be 65... - 08/14/06 09:18 PM

To have such a wide range of skills requiring years of training and/or experience...and then to not even be able to spell them all correctly. ;)

Re: experience in what - 08/14/06 09:20 PM

I think I speak for many of the single mothers here. We got what we deserved by WORKING for it. So much so that we don't have time to just troll internet forums looking for our jollies.

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 09:22 PM

LOL I'm Network+ Certified and hubby's A+ Certified. We've both worked jobs for years that REQUIRED those useless certificates. We've also both held jobs that sent us to be trained for certification because it's what our employers wanted. And raises often came with them. But they're useless. Our employers didn't know jack. ;)

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 09:51 PM

im giving my opinion if you dont like it then that is to damn bad

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 10:01 PM

oh look who is back

Re: Yes, we know.... - 08/14/06 10:40 PM

Your opinion would have much more merit if

A) It was backed by experience

B) It had some basis in fact

Life Lesson #768 for hypno:
Do not assume that when you approach people who have more experience and knowledge than you do, and you proceed to tell them through your words, attitude, or deeds that they're wrong, that they are going to accept it. Rather than getting a "Thank you for informing me!" you're going to get discounted, disrespected and basically laughed at by people for your unqualifed arrogance. "Unqualified" as in: you've not earned the privilege of being arrogant - you've not accomplished whatever it is you're so 'informed' about.

BULLSH*T - 08/14/06 10:46 PM

My Technical Certs have brought me greater success in my career than a college degree could. College is not the end-all be-all of education, and in numerous fields is actually nice filler for a resume. But its just that - filler.

As I said earlier, I turn down college grads for jobs because they lack Work Experience and practical knowledge. I wonder what law [censored] is going to hire you? What [censored] will hire anyone based on nothing but the fact they had their nose stuck in a book for 4+ years?

Good luck with that.

Sorry, but you get a D+ - 08/14/06 10:50 PM

for spelling and lack of capitalization...go back to school!

Where the heck did u get 'educated' from? - 08/14/06 10:52 PM

Just because she says she's in college doesn't mean she's educated. I had a few friends that graduated with a B.S. in Hops Chemistry Interaction, and one who actually started a degree progam in Strategic Professorial Corruption.

Pretty degrees hang on the wall, but the knowledge level is less than stellar.
Posted by: mussersmom

Re: Where the heck did u get 'educated' from? - 08/14/06 11:41 PM

Am I the only one who gets nuts when I see someone using 'to' instead of 'too', 'your' instead of 'you're'...this may sound totally 'superior', but I have a bit more respect for someone's opinion when they can convey it using proper English and punctuation.

I don't have a degree - couldn't afford college - but I am qualified to do many things because I learned on my own and did what I could to better myself, which included learning how to communicate.

Absolutely!!! - 08/14/06 11:45 PM

SO and I first met online....and part of the criteria used to measure him was proper grammar and spelling. I know it's rather old fashioned to many....but too bad. If someone takes the time to correct their errors in chat rooms, message boards, instant messages, and email...then they are more likely to be thorough in other areas and pay attention to details. It is a measure of one's work ethic.

Re: Absolutely!!! - 08/15/06 12:18 AM

i have more experience then others my age dont assume because im young i am naive

Re: Absolutely!!! - 08/15/06 12:56 AM

Amen, Melody!!!

Re: - 08/15/06 12:56 AM

[quote]i have more experience then others my age dont assume because im young i am naive [/quote]

Should be: I have more experience THAN others my age, so don't assume because I am young that I am naive.

Re: - 08/15/06 01:04 AM

A+ to you, Miranda! :)

Re: - 08/15/06 01:12 AM

i didnt come online for an english lesson

Re: - 08/15/06 01:18 AM

[quote]i didnt come online for an english lesson [/quote]

That is obvious.

Re: - 08/15/06 01:19 AM

so much bitterness on here why is everyone so angry all the time

We all know what opinions are like ;) (eom) - 08/15/06 01:44 AM

Yes you are - 08/15/06 01:46 AM

If you're assuming that

A) Someone is going to hire you without experience at the wage you want just because you have a degree

B) Becoming a lawyer who focuses on single mothers and helping them is going to pay the bills well enough to keep a roof over her head

and C) That every poli-sci professor and economics professor has a lock on what ails this country. If they were so knowledgeable and wise and cared as much about this country as I *bet* they profess, they would be out there doing something to CHANGE it. Rather than wasting time teaching a bunch of college kids. If they're that smart I want their intellectual butts upfront and DOING something about it, instead of b!tching about it to hero-worshipping college kids.

But then, you really can't blame those profs. They realized that while curing the countries ill may be a noble cause, nobility doesn't pay the mortgage or feed the kids.

Not nuts... - 08/15/06 01:48 AM

Because I realize up front that trolls purposely mispell most of their words. It's sort of a troll calling card. They want to be sure that someone eventually spots them as a troll, so their spelling and grammar will get worse the more they put their foot in their....I mean the more they type. ;)

'know' ? - 08/15/06 01:50 AM

For a future lawyer you really should get a better handle on your grammar and spelling now. Make writing correctly second nature now, so you don't end up with a resume that lands in the trash can.

*YES -- it does matter. If you can't even write correctly when you want something (a job) employers will wonder how you will communicate when you've already got it.

Nahh. Definately not naive... - 08/15/06 01:51 AM

Just stupid.

Re: Not nuts... - 08/15/06 01:52 AM

i get job offers no 30-40k
it was more then one professor that told me that along with someone with a genius iq

Those who can't... - 08/15/06 01:53 AM

teach.

No offense Melody, et. al. ;)

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if our troll understands et. al. Think I should explain it? Nahhhh

dznt MTV hva brd 4 u 2 bthr? - 08/15/06 01:53 AM

The adults are trying to have a conversation.

If you're that smart... - 08/15/06 01:54 AM

why is it you can't figure out how to respond to the post you're answering?

Re: dznt MTV hva brd 4 u 2 bthr? - 08/15/06 01:54 AM

what makes you anymore of an adult then me

Uhhh... - 08/15/06 01:55 AM

a) Because she doesn't act like a child
b) Because she doesn't speak like a child
c) Because she doesn't throw tantrums like a child
d) All of the above

If you answered D, go to the head of the class!

Re: dznt MTV hva brd 4 u 2 bthr? - 08/15/06 01:56 AM

Again with the then vs. than...

Re: Uhhh... - 08/15/06 01:57 AM

who was throwing tantrums? she must be very immature if she cant handle a difference of opinion

LIFE EXPERIENCE - 08/15/06 01:58 AM

sweetie.... BTDT more times and in more ways than you can count. If you could've survived even an iota of my life, or some of the lives people on this board have had, then your uneducated, inexperienced opinions would be worth something.

I've been trying to tell you to open YOUR EYES, but you are too smart and too 'right' to do that.

You will be in for a rude awakening child, a rudeee awakening after college.

Whatever you say hon (eom) - 08/15/06 01:58 AM

Aww comon'! - 08/15/06 01:59 AM

You really think this troll is typing this crap from college rather than from behind a set of bars or from down in mama's basement?

I'm not throwing tantrums... - 08/15/06 02:01 AM

and I can handle a difference of opinion just fine.

Especially when the said opinion(s) are backed up by someone who has some kind of experience in that which they speak of, and has the intelligence to know that they DON'T know everything.

You are neither.

But you are good for a laugh....

Re: Aww comon'! - 08/15/06 02:02 AM

who knows??

All I do know is this class I'm in is covering some pretty boring material right now and I'm killing time. >>yawn<<

Re: Aww comon'! - 08/15/06 02:07 AM

what makes you think my life was so easy? you dont know anything about me

I know you're a troll... - 08/15/06 02:14 AM

What else is there?

Re: I know you're a troll... - 08/15/06 02:16 AM

what an ignorant statement

Your age has nothing to do - 08/15/06 02:16 AM

with the image you've projected.

Re: I know you're a troll... - 08/15/06 02:17 AM

Hey, check it out! One of Hypnotiq's posts actually had a question mark in it! You're learning! LOL!

Re: Your age has nothing to do - 08/15/06 02:17 AM

what image is that?

What an ignorant troll (eom) - 08/15/06 02:18 AM

Perhaps not, but you could use one or a hundred; - 08/15/06 02:18 AM

please reconsider.

Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:19 AM

HA....we're having FUN, silly!

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:20 AM

LOL - one of the few times we all seem to agree on something!!!!

$30-40K - 08/15/06 02:20 AM

and you'd prefer to receive welfare? Now THAT's nuts! Go outside and play while it's still light out!

Um...ya got a few hours? - 08/15/06 02:21 AM

It could take that long to list out all the reasons. But then it would be past ur bedtime, k?

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:22 AM

i know divorces make people bitter but dont take your problems out on me. when i came on here before i saw the same thing jumping down someone else throat because you didnt agree with them

Re: $30-40K - 08/15/06 02:22 AM

ROFL, Melody!

It was probably a mistake mussersmom - 08/15/06 02:22 AM

her fingers got stuck on the wrong key

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:23 AM

Hey, why would you think I'm divorced???

Re: Um...ya got a few hours? - 08/15/06 02:23 AM

Are we all board again? We are dealing with a child like person

Oh sweetie....if it weren't so pathetic - 08/15/06 02:24 AM

it would be really funny...your attempts at analysis I mean. Are you taking psychology INSTEAD of the English class? Because I'd really rethink that plan if I were U.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:26 AM

Hipnotic, is that ok to call you that? Lets talk real life adult issues, shall we? I want to know your opinion on the recent issues dealing with the African American wage earners in this country. Do you agree with the President's statement or not?

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:26 AM

the president hates black people

Re: Oh sweetie....if it weren't so pathetic - 08/15/06 02:26 AM

OMG, I'm laughing so hard that Pepsi is coming out my nose...

Ah, to be young, naive, and drive a Gremlin again!

whoops.....(quickly - 08/15/06 02:27 AM

reading to catch up and sound as knowledgable as katie)

Good topic starter, Katie!

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:27 AM

Why do you believe that. I am sure you saw the news conference today!

Sorry, miss....that did not answer the question - 08/15/06 02:28 AM

Also, you need to raise your hand.

Re: Oh sweetie....if it weren't so pathetic - 08/15/06 02:28 AM

..."looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking"...(those of you in my age bracket will know what movie that's from). LOL!

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:28 AM

nope i was in class but i heard a lot of people complaining about it
Posted by: Maury

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:29 AM

"Airplane"---Iliked as iit escalated --"I guess I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.' (Lloyd Bridges).

So you didn't hear it but yet you think you are qualified to make a stupid comment about it?

Ok, lets go to an easier topic for you, can we? Is Blue really the next black?

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:30 AM

It's one thing to disagree, it's another to laugh hysterically at the ignorance of some people. ;)

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:30 AM

at 11 i will hear about o reilly will bee throwing out racist comments as usual

Oh she's definitely qualified - 08/15/06 02:30 AM

to make a STUPID comment about it....there seems to be some uncertainty if she is qualified to make an INTELLIGENT comment about it.

Bee? - 08/15/06 02:31 AM

she said BEE? O'Reilly must be buzzing about this news conference!!

Comon' play nice... - 08/15/06 02:31 AM

You know it doesn't understand big words, like "adult".

Re: Oh she's definitely qualified - 08/15/06 02:32 AM

Must have strong neck muscles after carrying that BIG chip.

Re: Bee? - 08/15/06 02:32 AM

i hate typing on this keyboard
and blue is not the new black

Re: Oh she's definitely qualified - 08/15/06 02:32 AM

Well, you have that right!!! Guess she will have to find out what her professors think about it before she makes up her mind - genius that she is (not).

Re: Oh she's definitely qualified - 08/15/06 02:33 AM

never sd i was

Re: Oh she's definitely qualified - 08/15/06 02:35 AM

You didn't need to say you were NOT a genius - I think we all figured that one out.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:35 AM

Yup, Maury! That's the one. I loved the guy who said that the plane looked like a big Tylenol too!

Then stop - 08/15/06 02:36 AM

also, I didn't ask you anything about colors. Why don't you try responding to the actual post instead of responding randomly. Surely you're able enough to figure out how to manipulate the message board....as experienced as YOU are.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:36 AM

its just borderline genius i score off the charts on every test ive ever taken

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:38 AM

Hyponotic, was it? When and after you launch your legal career, what will will you do to perserve the economy? What role will you directly take to see that the young people of our country are protected against, what did you call it?, a recession?

And you needn't bother - 08/15/06 02:38 AM

since we already have a good idea of your intellectual capacity. BTW...it's "said" not "sd". Could you get it through your head that this is not a cell phone...we're not text messaging each other.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:38 AM

except English and grammar?

Wow....I guess it's true - 08/15/06 02:39 AM

that you should just fill in "C" all the way down!!!

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:39 AM

I think I would rather here from hipnotic and her views of minorties

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:40 AM

You score off the charts on tests...the question is which end of the chart.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:41 AM

hipo, are you a racist?

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:41 AM

here's my view on minorities they get mistreated the worst stereotypes and are the first suspect of a crime

Hey Katie.... - 08/15/06 02:41 AM

I would LOVE to read one of her briefs prepared for court. Could you just imagine it?

Yr hnr. Plntf sd respndt dn't work cuz he dn't half 2 cuz he pd into it he gits wlfr. K?
Posted by: forthekidz

Re: Wow....I guess it's true - 08/15/06 02:42 AM

"...Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit
amphetamines."

OMG! I love that movie!

Johnny is the guy who said the plane looked like a big Tylenol. ;)

ok...I really need some punctuation - 08/15/06 02:42 AM

to figure out the message behind that extreme run on sentence. It could have several different takes based on where one places the commas, periods, etc.

Plus she doesn't like southerners either - 08/15/06 02:43 AM

remember? They don't have good educations....I guess it takes one to know one, huh?

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:44 AM

Larry the Cable Guy thinks a racist is a guy that drives a stock car at Nascar events. Course he don't have all that fancy book learnin'

Re: Plus she doesn't like southerners either - 08/15/06 02:44 AM

not from the south and i'm not racist

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:45 AM

Ok, well that isn't true, but, reguardless you are very.....I can't think of the word....stupid, naw that is to general. I guess you need to find something better to do than entertain us.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:48 AM

arabs get the worst treatment out of all the races though

Ok try again, sweetheart - 08/15/06 02:49 AM

I didn't say you were from the south. I said you insulted southerners by saying they were poorly educated....you know...like you.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:49 AM

Hipnotic, let me take advantage of your vast knowledge of the economy. Is the daily index going to rise or fall? Is it a good time to sell a high profile stock, or not? I need an expert!

is arab a race? - 08/15/06 02:50 AM

I always thought it was an ethnicity.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:50 AM

Forthekids, thanks! I couldn't remember his name. The actor passed away a few years ago, that I did remember. He was really funny in the movie.

Melody, here's something I learned in 7th grade English, right along the lines of what you posted:

Commas are very important. Look at what happens to the following two sentences when you leave out the comma...

"Are we going to eat, Father?"

"Are we going to eat Father?"

LOL!

Re: is arab a race? - 08/15/06 02:51 AM

Well, I'm sure Iran would hate being called arabs - they consider themselves Persians.

Re: is arab a race? - 08/15/06 02:51 AM

its basically the same thing

Re: is arab a race? - 08/15/06 02:52 AM

arab? What race is that? God I hate when I have to get my old books out.

Re: Angry? You believe this is anger? - 08/15/06 02:52 AM

Do I dare ask what race you are, hypnotiq? Perhaps I should actually ask what planet you're from!

Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:52 AM

SO is in the printing industry and lately has been dealing with an incredible amount of quality control. He can spot a missed comma on a full page of text in about 5 seconds. He actually reviews every document that my school produces because he catches errors that pass by every one who proofreads before we send it to him. Commas are HUGE!!!

Really? - 08/15/06 02:53 AM

Please expand on that...I'm genuinely interested. Here's another one....is Filipino a race?

Psst...this is a test.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:54 AM

Melody, my first 'real' job was proofreader for a newspaper, then I was a medical editor. They miss me where I used to work. LOL!

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:54 AM

arabic is a race persia is acountry
persian is a nationality

Wow...you must be very good - 08/15/06 02:55 AM

I keep telling SO he needs to look for jobs as proofreaders. He's actually been doing it for the last 10 years, but it's technically not his job title, so I doubt a publisher would be interested in him.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:55 AM

Wrong, Iranians say they are Persians, they are not Arabs. And, there is no country by the name of Persia now.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:55 AM

'Arabic' is a language, 'Persia' has been re-named 'Iran', and 'Persian' is now 'Iranian' because the country name has changed.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:56 AM

Persia is a country? Hold on folks, I will be right back. I have to go buy a new map! The world changed in 12 hours

Whoops....it's back to school for you!!! - 08/15/06 02:56 AM

Persia is NOT a country. Persia WAS what is now Iran.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:56 AM

persian is not a race if that's the case american is a race to

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:58 AM

That post gave me a headache...

Yes, - 08/15/06 02:59 AM

my oldest son's godfather is from Iran. He speaks Farsi and Persian, as well as English, of course. When they moved here, years and years ago, they identified themselves as Persian in order to deflect negative stereotypes.

I though Arabs were people from Saudi Arabia....not a race, but an ethnicity. It is also a language, too. My hair sylist is Lebanese but speaks Arabic and Farsi....not sure what other languages.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 02:59 AM

America is a city in Los Angeles, idiot

Honey - 08/15/06 02:59 AM

we already knew that...you're a few pages behind....catch up, will ya?

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:01 AM

Katie, you simply must stop being so funny! I'm snorting Coke out my nose (no, not 'that' kind!).

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 03:01 AM

I thought persian was a cat.

Re: Exactly! - 08/15/06 03:02 AM

...or a rug!

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:03 AM

hypo, if I am white, but grandparents came from N. Europe and my daughter's father came from Denmark and my husband was born is NJ., but his Grandmother orginally was born from a tribe in N. Africa, what nationally will my kid be?

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:04 AM

Heinz 57 variety?

or a better question wahat are my dogs?

My rug has an ethnicity...er...or a race?

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:05 AM

The rug may not have a race, but it will run (if washed in hot water!)

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:06 AM

Please, stop me before I pun again! (that's what I get for posting on 3 hours' sleep)

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:07 AM

danish american and whatever country in n europe ur grandparents came from and whatever country the tribe was located in
Posted by: Cinder2

hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 03:07 AM

http://www.myspace.com/hypnotiq2306

Danish? Did someone say Danish? Can I get coffee to go with that Danish?

So if I am a persian rug, and I am peed on by a persian cat, does that mean Iran?

LMAO @ mussersmom & Maury! - 08/15/06 03:07 AM

I forgot about the rugs!!! haha

Re: Honey - 08/15/06 03:08 AM

so what nationality are my dogs? Answer the simple question

OMG! There went my Snapple! - 08/15/06 03:08 AM

Do you know how hard it's going to be to get that OUT of my keyboard?????

Re: LMAO @ mussersmom & Maury! - 08/15/06 03:08 AM

No, Maury, it means you're wet and stinky....

wow - 08/15/06 03:09 AM

she has a big ass....or perhaps it was just a bad angle

Re: LMAO @ mussersmom & Maury! - 08/15/06 03:10 AM

Melody, I have a spare keyboard in my closet. I'll send it to you. It's the least I can do since I partly caused the problem.

See, hypnotiq? I'm a moral person! (was that in this thread or one of the other bonehead threads?). I take responsibility for my fellow posters when I cause them a problem.

Re: wow - 08/15/06 03:10 AM

A big ass for a smart ass? LOL!

Thanks - 08/15/06 03:11 AM

go check out her myspace. She has a posting about wanting to meet people who aren't ignorant. Perhaps she needs help with something. Good thing she came here and found us.

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:12 AM

Okay, Melody, you got me back....and you got me back very well. I snorted when I laughed on that one!

I wonder what she considers to be 'not ignorant'.

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:12 AM

Did you also notice that she just started community college in 2006?

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:13 AM

I looked at it. Her myspace account has as much thought put into as her responses.

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:13 AM

I'm scared to look at her site - it might be contageous!

Yup. Ole Bill... - 08/15/06 03:14 AM

he'd call a troll a troll too. If that makes him racist, so be it. ;)

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:14 AM

I don't have a 'my space' site, but I do have a website. And thankfully I used a proofreading program on it before I published it....of course it can't proofread 'lies'...only if I spelled the lies incorrectly! LOL!

Re: Thanks - 08/15/06 03:20 AM

I thought it was funny that she has her minor listed as "politics".

Her profile is set to private now.. :)

I will tell you - 08/15/06 03:22 AM

she needn't bother saying anything else...her "space" speaks VOLUMES! Wow..that's skankier than anything I've seen through my kid's myspaces.

Re: I will tell you - 08/15/06 03:23 AM

Yeah, I think we know pretty much about her now!!!

More than we ever wanted to, - 08/15/06 03:27 AM

I'm afraid!

Re: More than we ever wanted to, - 08/15/06 03:33 AM

no internet went down yes im cute i know you call it skanky i call it confident oh just started that school this year and switched majors again

Re: More than we ever wanted to, - 08/15/06 03:48 AM

Must not be too confident if you had to change your profile to private to stop us from seeing it. :)

Re: More than we ever wanted to, - 08/15/06 03:51 AM

Nah

Re: More than we ever wanted to, - 08/15/06 03:53 AM

i dont even use that page my lil sis does

I can see why you were held back.... - 08/15/06 04:10 AM

since your "sentence", if you want to call it that, makes little to no sense.

LMAO! - 08/15/06 04:10 AM

HAHA...not fast enough! The damage was done!

Sure....right...I believe that - 08/15/06 04:12 AM

No one EVER tries to blame their siblings, do they? Come on Moms....you've NEVER heard your kids trying to say their SISTER did something, have you???? That line is so old, it has whiskers, hippo.

What did I miss?!?! - 08/15/06 04:23 AM

What's this myspace account stuff. I wanna see! I wanna see!

Shoot! - 08/15/06 04:24 AM

Late to the party again. ::sigh::

Well, it wasn't pretty..... - 08/15/06 04:34 AM

so perhaps it's for the best. LOL

Re: Well, it wasn't pretty..... - 08/15/06 10:44 AM

"im trying to get disablity because i'm legally blind" This is from her first posts.

I'm think this person is a lying troll.

Best thing for us is to ignore her.

Re: Well, it wasn't pretty..... - 08/15/06 12:19 PM

actually i am legally blind my lil sis is using my account until she gets pics for her page you guys are haters
Posted by: matart1

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 12:36 PM

Now Cinder - that was truely disturbing. Lol.
Posted by: Runswithscissors

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 07:19 PM

I haven't read all the way through this junk..but.. I am going out on a limb and say that I too think our economy is sh*t and that Bush as a President has totally covered up, lied and has bent us over on our economic front, our domestic front (uh.. I forgot.. he doesn't have one), and our Energy front (oh yeah, he's left that one out too).

I am extremely disappointed in our policies or the lack of....
The war was a mistake. It's been a mass coverup since the onset and it's just getting deeper.

The full account of the Bush regime's betrayal of America's ideal would fill volumes and would no doubt require a lot more legal expertise than I possess.

Concerning the decision to invade Iraq, on Dec 13th, 2002 Bush said to Barbara Walters "There's only one person who is responsible for making that decision and that's me". A few weeks later, Bush answered a reporters question (About the possiblity of war looming) with this " You said we're headed to war in Iraq. I don't know why you say that. I hope we're not headed to war in Iraq. I'm the person who gets to decided, njot you". More than merely egotistical- According to the US Constitution, (Article I, Section 8), the SENATE.. not the President is "responsible for making that decision".

Also- Bush told Bob Woodward in summer of 2002 "See, I don't need to explain- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being President. Maybe somebody needs to expalin to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation"- UH.. WRONG! That would be more apprpriate if Bush was not the President of the US... but the emperor of China or the founder of his own "religion".....

I voted for Bush... not once.. but Twice and I am embarrassed to say that! I "was" a Republican.. why? Because my parents were.... however after reviewing the policies of both parties... I found I am so Liberal it's beyond belief... I was afraid to come out of the perverbial closet since I live in good ole SC.... unlike this young lady who can't speak a full sentence, much less try to have a political discussion... I can.. so anyone wanting to bring it... go right ahead.... I've done 3 years of reading and learning.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 08:16 PM

great to be liberal

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 08:42 PM

The only thing I wonder (and I'm an independent, so I'm not a republican or a democrat) is that some of the problems I've heard about actually started before Bush was in office, so I'm not sure they're actually his 'fault'....maybe he didn't handle them well, but he didn't actually start 'all' of them...

While I'm sorry we are at war, I am glad that Sadaam Hussein (did I spell that right?) is no longer in power, just because he was so evil towards people...

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:11 PM

he's doing the wrong thing with the illegal immigrants to. he screwed up big time with the hurricanes last summer. he has tripled the deficit.
Posted by: Dee78

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:15 PM

I agree. I'm libertarian, I don't agree with everything that Bush has done but I think he has done the best job he possibly could. I don't believe that we are given all of the facts to make judgments about him.

I have also heard that the Clinton administration dropped the ball and Bush got caught with it.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:30 PM

"some of the problems I've heard about actually started before Bush was in office"

What problems are they you are referring to?

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:33 PM

Unlike many of the posters here, I am not going to attack you, but would like to have your views. Help me here...

he's doing the wrong thing with the illegal immigrants to.

-----------> what is it he is doing wrong and how would you change or what would you do differently?

he screwed up big time with the hurricanes last summer

---------->How?

he has tripled the deficit.

------------>how and why?

Just like you find on Monday morning and football, it's easy to be the armchair quarterback. We all have opinions and we can all state them, but tell me how or why-

Re: - 08/15/06 09:46 PM

Bush inherited a sinking economy.

Unemployment is at one of it's all time lows.

Clinton and Gore enjoyed the trickle down effect of "Reagononimcs".

Clinton was offered Bin Laden by Sudan and chose not to act instead he ordered the bombing of an aspirin factory in Africa.

Sadaam Hussein was the biggest weapon of mass destruction on this planet second only to the leader of Iran and North Korea.

September 11th changed everything in this world, had there been no Sept. 11 I doubt we would be in a two front war.

I voted for Bush twice and I am proud to say it. It is not like there was any decent other choice. Kerry? Oh helll nooo...I don't vote for traitors and Jane Fonda lovers.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:47 PM

for the thing with the immigrants he needs to leave them along they are not terrorists they are not hurting anyone everyone that is in this country is here because theyre ancestors immigrated here.
he screwed up with hurricane katrina there is no excuse for the help taking as long as it did and why were they being called refugees they were americans not refugees.
if you combine all the money the other pres spent bush has tripled the amount spent.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:48 PM

Okay, hold it - don't misunderstand me here - I'm not being 'chicken' or just blowing smoke by posting a generalized statement. It's just that my understanding is that every president has to 'clean up messes' from the previous president, no matter what party they belong to. Back when Bush was elected the first time, I recall there being some big issue regarding the deficit he got through the 'trickle down' theory...I can't give you the details because it's been too long since I heard it or read it...I just remember something being said about it.

I'm not going to get into a debate on a divorce board about politics. It's not that I can't back up what I'm saying...I just don't want to get into a p!ssing contest about it. No matter who is president, everyone could find something 'wrong' with the way they handled something. I have lost respect for Clinton because of the Monica Lewinski thing - he lied about it and he has no integrity as far as I'm concerned. I also have lost a little respect for Bush because I think that sometimes he's a one-step thinker and doesn't always think about what the implications of his decisions will be. But hell, I'm not the president, have no idea the pressure a president is under, and have no idea what I'd do in a similar situation. I can only go by what I see....which is not necessarily the truth because the truth I see may be subjective.

Clinton lied about things and did some good things. Bush has done some good things and some things I'm not sure about. No matter what I say, someone will disagree with me, and I just don't feel like getting into a debate....partially because everyone sees things through their own filters, and I'd rather remain on-line friends with people here than get into a heated arguement about politics and feel my blood pressure go up or get a headache over something like this....you know the old saying - "never discuss religion or politics". LOL!

So, please forgive me for not jumping on the bandwagon...I'm struggling with a lot of emotional issues in my personal life and feel a bit fragile right now, and I'd prefer not to make a fool of myself...

I hope you're cool with that....

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 09:55 PM

ARE U OK?

Re: - 08/15/06 10:05 PM

Miranda,

All due respect, you are doing the same thing Hypnotic is doing... giving me generalities that the press has given.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:06 PM

Mussersmom,

I totally understand!

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:08 PM

Thanks...I really appreciate that, because I'm really struggling with some major losses this week, and I need to have some sense of security somewhere....I like this board and the people here and I don't want to screw that up...

You know it's bad when I'm looking for security among people I don't even know personally! Yikes!

I'm sorry....

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:09 PM

EVERYTHING WILL BE OK KEEP YO9UR HEAD UP

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:10 PM

Darlin', you have NO idea....

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:10 PM

GOD WON'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE YOU CANT DEAL WITH

Re: - 08/15/06 10:20 PM

Miranda,

I will counter this

Bush inherited a sinking economy.

------>I agree, he did.. but what did he do to slow it down? What policies did he enact to help it? The recession officially started March 2001. Bush was in office.

Unemployment is at one of it's all time lows.

---------->again...why?

Clinton and Gore enjoyed the trickle down effect of "Reagononimcs".

----------->there has been nothing to support this statement.

Clinton was offered Bin Laden by Sudan and chose not to act instead he ordered the bombing of an aspirin factory in Africa.

-------------> who are you? Shawn Hannity? LOL! Have you read the 9-11 commission reports? Okay.. let's look at this deeper.... It says "Former Sudanese officials claim that Sudan offered to expel Bin Ladin to the United States. Clinton administration officials deny ever receiving such an offer. We have not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim".

So are you telling me you endorsed the claims of former officials of Sudan, a country in which the U.S. Department of State has designated as a state sponsor of terrorism every year since 1993 over the testimony of Clinton administration officials and the findings of the 9-11 Commission?

Sadaam Hussein was the biggest weapon of mass destruction on this planet second only to the leader of Iran and North Korea.

-------------->How can he be second to other two leaders.. that would make him third.. right? We should had worried about IRAN and NK way before Sadam...

September 11th changed everything in this world, had there been no Sept. 11 I doubt we would be in a two front war.

---------------->I agree.. and I think Bush did a great job on 9-11 and the quick recovery... I will never challenge that!

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:20 PM

thats not true hippo

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:22 PM

For someone to claim they are better than hypno.... why stoop to their level.. you are doing exactly what you claim you don't like about them..... how ironic.. don't ya think?

That's right... - 08/15/06 10:23 PM

"this country is here because theyre ancestors immigrated here"

Yep, our ancestors came here. And they WORKED. And they pledged alegience to our COUNTRY and our FLAG. And they WORKED some more. And they fought for this country, and they paid their TAXES, and were PROUD to be Americans.

They did NOT protest because they couldn't get a drivers license picture while wearing a BURKA. They did not sneak across our borders, have kids, then claim they were citizens because of that. They didn't WHINE because the Stop signs were not printed in SANSKRIT. They STRUGGLED to learn the language. They wanted to be AMERICANS, not Afro Americans, or Asian Americans, or Hispanic Americans...just AMERICANS.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:28 PM

All I said it was not true...about God not giving people more than they can handle. How did that come across as stooping to her level?

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:29 PM

Uh oh....now this thread has politics AND religion! LOL!

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:31 PM

what happened to freedom of religion? and the hispanics do work they do the jobs that most americans won't do.discrimination and racism is alive and well in this country if you were being mistreated because of your race or religion wouldnt you whine to? atleast they let it be known that they will not be walked all over

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:32 PM

the dumb blonde doesn't fit you Katie...
I guess "Hippo" was a slip.. right? Well from someone that has always had to work hard on their weight... it's an insult to anyone......

Re: hypnotiq2306 [Re: hypnotiq2306]
#136341 - 08/15/06 06:20 PM (71.109.219.53) Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

thats not true hippo

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:32 PM

at the time things seem bad you think you cant handle it. but if you stay strong you can get over it. i know from personal experience

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:33 PM

oh they have told us Alright! It is not about race or religion. It is about legal vs. illegal

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:34 PM

Oh, so you are only talking about yourself. You should have said God has never given ME more than I could handle.

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:35 PM

Hypnotiq, please...I know you're trying to help, but you have no idea about who I am, what I believe in spritually, or what is happening in my life....cliches are not helping me feel any better.

I have to work out what's going on in my life with sweat, blood, and tears...it's just not a process that I enjoy much.

If anyone is interested (and I can't figure out why anyone would be), PM me and I'll tell you because it's WAY too long to post on the board...

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:35 PM

You said that you have not read the entire thread. So, please stop. And yes, "hippo" was a typo. Hypo

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:36 PM

it wasnt just the illegal ones complaining if i hadnt been recovering from childbirth i would have been out there with them
why is it legal for cubans to be legal as soon as their foot hits the ground and not for others? thats unfair everyone should get a chance for a better life regardless of how they got here

I disagree... - 08/15/06 10:37 PM

"The recession officially started March 2001. Bush was in office."

The beginnings of the recession started when the investors in the .com's realized that unlike investments in ATT or GM, the .com's had no sellable assets should the company go under, just some programming.

As for the culpability of the Clinton Admin in the attack on 9-11, they are DIRECTLY responsible. His administration ignored attack after attack on the US, with NO reprecussions. Kuhbar Towers, USS Cole, the FIRST trade center bombing, etc etc. There has not been ONE single attack on US soil since 9-11 BECAUSE of the response. Is the war wrong? NO, we are and have ALWAYS been the haven for democracy. The KEY to world peace IS democracy, as there has NEVER been a war between two democracies. We owe it to those that helped US when WE were developing our country to help others as they develop theirs.

The office of the president of the United States is simply a figure head, who speaks for our country. His/her ability to increase confidence in our country, inspire our citizens, and project our beliefs into the world is what makes them a "god" or "bad" president. In that regards, Clinton was one of the WORST presidents we have EVER had. World opinion plummeted, confidence in our lifestyle and economy plummeted. Yes, under Clinton, the number of people living in poverty dropped. That was easy, he lowered the line for poverty. He CLAIMED he balanced the budget, when all he did was ransack social security, and instead of listing it as a separate fund, he combined it and pronounced the budget balanced. He GUTTED our military, leaving us barely able to defend OURSELVES, much less project power into the world.

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:38 PM

The reason that the Cubans have a quicker and easier process when they enter the country is because they often start the process years before they come here.

Re: hypnotiq2306 - 08/15/06 10:40 PM

I haven't... I stopped reading after the first page.. but ya can get the jist.... I am ever so sure it was a typo.... LOL.... you crack me up sometimes......

Re: That's right... - 08/15/06 10:44 PM

Actually, Congress decided that any Cubans that were willing to cross 90 miles of dangerous waters and IF they managed to make it and get their feet ON land, free and clear, were allowed to stay.

A lot of them drown or are caught by the coast guard and never make it to land free and clear.

Re: - 08/15/06 10:49 PM

[quote]Miranda,

All due respect, you are doing the same thing Hypnotic is doing... giving me generalities that the press has given. [/quote]

I guess while the rest of us are posting generalities you are giving well thought out specifics? Everyone else has theories yet you have facts? You say it is so easy to be an arm chair or Monday morning quarter back yet that is exactly what you are doing.

I served in the military under Clinton and he is the main reason why I got out. No way in hell I would salute that POS.

So if I am Sean Hannity then who are you? Michael Moore?

I guess you can sit on the level above the rest of us and "school" us on the facts of the government like some left wing insider, but I'll just sit back and enjoy the banter between you and gr8dad. I think he's going run all over you on this issue.

And while you may not bash "hypnotic" you have had your fair share of bashing on this board so I don't know why you are jumping on other posters for bashing. Hypo brought a lot on herself. Maybe you should take the time and read thru the "crap".

Re: - 08/15/06 10:51 PM

leave left wingers alone

Re: - 08/15/06 10:52 PM

Why? You don't have problems going after right wingers?

Freedom of religion... - 08/15/06 10:55 PM

...allows YOU to prcatice whatever religion you choose. It does NOT give you the right to stomp on OTHER people under the guise of "religious freedom".

As for them taking American jobs, they are driving down the WAGE of many jobs BECAUSE they work under the table and do not pay taxes.

As for discrimination, they CANNOT be disciminated against, and they are not PROTECTED by our laws, as they are here ILLEGALLY. They are BREAKING THE LAW. Tell me, if a guy broke into your house, would you CARE if the police DISCRIMINATED against him when they were arresting him?

Re: - 08/15/06 10:55 PM

i dont like bush
but i dont bash people who believe in him

Re: - 08/15/06 10:58 PM

they dont stomp on others there are extremists in every religion.
legal hispanics get discriminated on to not just the illegal ones

Re: - 08/15/06 10:59 PM

Really, it appears to me that you bash people who believe in him.

You don't like President Bush - well, I hated Clinton. So, where does that get either one of us?

Re: - 08/15/06 11:00 PM

when did i bash someone for believing in bush?

Re: - 08/15/06 11:01 PM

I think your comment had something to do with being stupid...

Re: - 08/15/06 11:04 PM

i want to know what i said i dont bash things that others believe in.

Re: - 08/15/06 11:10 PM

Seems to me that you made some comments about southerners and their IQ...

That's right....and I was insulted - 08/15/06 11:19 PM

FOR southerners.

Re: - 08/15/06 11:23 PM

southerers are not necessarily right wingers
what i was referring to was an article that was sshowing how kids tested most of the southern states are considered the dumbest

1. Vermont
2. Connecticut
3. Massachusetts
4. New Jersey
5. Maine
6. Minnesota
7. Virginia
8. Wisconsin
9. Montana
10. New York

11. Pennsylvania
12. Nebraska
13. Kansas
14. Iowa
15. New Hampshire
16. Rhode Island
17. Wyoming
18. South Dakota
19. Maryland
20. North Dakota

21. Missouri
22. North Carolina
23. Colorado
24. Texas
25. Delaware
26. Indiana
27. Michigan
28. Idaho
29. South Carolina
30. Washington

31. Ohio
32. Illinois
33. Utah
34. West Virginia
35. Kentucky
36. Florida
37. Arkansas
38. Oregon
39. Oklahoma
40. Georgia

41. Tennessee
42. Hawaii
43. Alabama
44. Alaska
45. Louisiana
46. California
47. Nevada
48. New Mexico
49. Mississippi
50. Arizona

Re: - 08/15/06 11:29 PM

dumbest???? I have never seen an article that referred to any state has having the dumbest kids. Anyway, I think you misunderstood the article. You posted the ranking of money spent per student.

Re: - 08/15/06 11:31 PM

guess while the rest of us are posting generalities you are giving well thought out specifics? Everyone else has theories yet you have facts? You say it is so easy to be an arm chair or Monday morning quarter back yet that is exactly what you are doing.

--------->My point was that on the first page or so... a comment was made about Hypnotic making the same comments as the media- My point to you was that you are doing the same. I never have stated that I give facts, but I've given in the other post well thought out comments. My post was not meant to offend you at all. I apologize you took it that way!

I served in the military under Clinton and he is the main reason why I got out. No way in hell I would salute that POS.

------------>okay....

So if I am Sean Hannity then who are you? Michael Moore?

--------------->actually NO! I don't like Michael Moore.. He and Anne Coulter need to be dragged behind a car!

I guess you can sit on the level above the rest of us and "school" us on the facts of the government like some left wing insider, but I'll just sit back and enjoy the banter between you and gr8dad. I think he's going run all over you on this issue.

--------------->what banter? I went back and looked at my posts and I don't see any banter between me and Gr8dad... I actually don't see his posts.. great litle thing called ignore! He and EMC are on it to KEEP the bantering down... LOL!

And while you may not bash "hypnotic" you have had your fair share of bashing on this board so I don't know why you are jumping on other posters for bashing. Hypo brought a lot on herself. Maybe you should take the time and read thru the "crap".

------->I never JUMPED on other posters! I told KATE that she insulted those that have weight issues by her HIPPO comment... a slip so she claims...LOL.

All that from a "all due respect post".. I do hope you feel better Miranda! Have a good night!

Re: - 08/15/06 11:35 PM

Smartest--dumbest States
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com ^ | 12-31-05 | netscape news

that is what the article says as the title
its not a nice title but that is the title

Re: LOL @Ann Coulter.... - 08/15/06 11:36 PM

Okay sorry Caroline I am on edge, our good friend just had a stroke this afternoon at age 40 so I am being hyper sensitive right now.

And I agree with the Anne Coulter, she is a nut. Well spoken but a nut.

Re: LOL @Ann Coulter.... - 08/15/06 11:40 PM

No problem Miranda! The one thing I don't do is bash anyone for supporting our President....I only bash those that don't VOTE! LOL!

Anne is for Republicans what Michael Moore is for Democrats.... I have great laughs when either are on TV... I want to buy her new book.. but I refuse to support her.. NOR do I own a copy of Moore's movies....

Your friend? Are they okay? I lost a sister to a stroke and another one is disabled due to one..... It's a painful time, I know!

Re: - 08/15/06 11:41 PM

Morgan Quinto and Scott Quinto???? They sell books!!!!! It is not an article. This is an attorney that wrote a book of lists.

Re: - 08/15/06 11:42 PM

what the heck is that too?

Re: - 08/15/06 11:43 PM

they did a story on it i jusr couldnt find it online so i posted what i could find

Re: - 08/15/06 11:51 PM

List, surveys, polls, etc., can all be "fixed" to be whatever you want them to be - depending on who or what you sampled.

Re: - 08/15/06 11:53 PM

biasing surveys gets you fired

Re: - 08/15/06 11:54 PM

who is going to fire an independent author that own their own publishing company?

Re: - 08/15/06 11:58 PM

its a joke

Re: smartest states/ dumbest states - 08/16/06 12:39 AM

Hm.... California is pretty near the bottom. That must be why six of the top twenty public colleges in the US are in California.

I trust US news a lot more than someone trying to sell their own book.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/natudoc/natudoc_pub_brief.php

Cinder

WHAT?! - 08/16/06 12:42 AM

And ruin all our fun? Shoot.

Re: WHAT?! - 08/16/06 12:43 AM

It's only fun when the other person is intelligent and can keep up. This is like taking candy from a baby.

Re: WHAT?! - 08/16/06 12:45 AM

I wonder what article she is reading now?

Translation: - 08/16/06 12:46 AM

Welfare's the best invention since baked bread.

Re: Translation: - 08/16/06 12:47 AM

Baked bread or sliced bread?

And... - 08/16/06 12:51 AM

Some good ole fashioned cat fighting. Meow!

Re: And... - 08/16/06 12:51 AM

...don't forget the peanut butter! :)

ROFLMAO! - 08/16/06 12:54 AM

Man I would SO get into this, if I didn't have the baby squirming on my lap and a few hours to kill. ::sigh::

Vacation over already? ;) - 08/16/06 12:55 AM

Well at least this time I'm glad you stuck you .02 in. Right on!

Man! - 08/16/06 12:56 AM

I knew something was wrong with the quote. I started to say fried rice but I KNEW that wasn't right. LOL

I wouldn't... - 08/16/06 12:57 AM

whine "to".

Re: I wouldn't... - 08/16/06 12:59 AM

i read that article when i was in texas

Everyone? - 08/16/06 01:00 AM

What idiot thought up the idea that "everyone" COULD have better? When you pile "everyone" into one country, "everyone" will get worse, because the resources will end up depleted at some point. Ever hear of overcrowding? Ask the Chinese.

I was wrong... - 08/16/06 01:07 AM

You aren't good for nothing after all. ;)

Re: Everyone? - 08/16/06 01:08 AM

that is a very mean statement with the hispanic population rising the way it is the republicans are going to have to watch what they say about the immigtants that offends all minorities and they are on the rise

Yeah, - 08/16/06 01:09 AM

I was hoping he would chime in a bit more on this thread.

Re: Everyone? - 08/16/06 01:09 AM

right now minorities are a majority in four states

What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:10 AM

She said nothing mean.....clearly you have no clue of what you are speaking!

Re: What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:12 AM

What idiot thought up the idea that "everyone" COULD have better?
that is not a nice thing to say if you are struggling why dont you deserve a better situation?

Re: What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:12 AM

Like I said, it's not fun when a troll can't keep up.

Re: What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:13 AM

you don't DESERVE anything!!!

WOO HOO! - 08/16/06 01:14 AM

WV wasn't #50!!! ;)

Re: What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:15 AM

thats rude whats your problem?

My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:18 AM

"You're dumber than a horse".

I'm glad he never ran across you.

Well duh... - 08/16/06 01:21 AM

Lessee. On one hand, we could have some guy (or YOU) who lies around on welfare and thinks it's just the best thing ever happened to them, and another guy who gets up at 4 a.m. and goes to his first job, then leaves there and heads to his second job, gets home at 10 p.m. and hits the bed so he can do it all again tomorrow. Fast forward ten years and he's living in a quarter million dollar home and driving a new Lexus. While you're still on welfare. Now tell me why you don't deserve a better situation.

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:22 AM

why are you calling me dumb did i insult you personally? that just shows how immature you really are

Re: What in the heck are you talking about? - 08/16/06 01:22 AM

She said WV wasn't #50.... how is that Rude??

I am really, really confused.. and after scrolling through 50 pages of just crap.... I am really, really depressed..... Here I thought you were a college educated liberal..... I'm not going to bash you, but I am going to tell you to work harder in school, take on some responsibilty.... and raise your child right.

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:22 AM

Told you, this one isn't fun at all.

Which goes to the political debate here... - 08/16/06 01:23 AM

Anyone guess which way those 4 states lean?

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:23 AM

i dont lay around all day i go to school ten years from now I will be better off then you are

Re: Everyone? - 08/16/06 01:23 AM

"right now minorities are a majority in four states."

So what? Who cares????? We are talking illegals. Do you not know the difference?????????? Head ache coming on? I don't care if you are purple. If you are a US citizen then you get all the rights. If you are not a US Citizen either get the hell out or start the process. By all means, DON"T HAVE KIDS THAT YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO RAISE ON YOUR OWN! I want my tax dollars going to US citizens and THEIR needs

Nahh... - 08/16/06 01:23 AM

I'm having a blast. Hehe

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:23 AM

Makes me want to shave my head with a cheese grater and gargle the bleach....

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:24 AM

Hon, you couldn't insult me if you put all the brains you had into it. That's why I'm calling you dumb. ;)

Re: Nahh... - 08/16/06 01:25 AM

LOL - go to it!!! I actually find this one boring.

Yeah..uh huh...suuuuuuuuuuuuure (eom) - 08/16/06 01:25 AM

Re: ot - 08/16/06 01:27 AM

I think I have a better time watching my cat muck around with mole......

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:27 AM

being here illegally doesnt make you less of a person

Yabbut... - 08/16/06 01:27 AM

I don't get much time on here these days. Maybe it's cause I'm having withdrawals. Going to the Lewisburg Co. fair Thursday and leaving really early so heading to my parents' to spend the night tomorrow and will get back in late Thurs. so will stay that night too rather than the hour drive back home in the dark. So will have to scurry to catch up again. I skipped over half the stuff on the board as it was when I was down there most of this past weekend.

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:28 AM

I'd say it makes you more of a criminal.

Re: Nahh... - 08/16/06 01:28 AM

well, I had my fun last night. You can have your fun tonight!!! LOL

Re: My Grandpa Once Told My Cousin... - 08/16/06 01:31 AM

I remember the line from the movie "Driving Miss Daisy"....'you don't have the sense God gave a lemon'....of course I like the one from a radio station I listen to....'you don't have the brains of an ice cube'....

How about 'one taco short of a combination plate'? Thank Tigger for that one!

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:31 AM

Not less of a human but less than an AMERICAN. Once you have to pay close to 45,000 a year in taxes then you will comprehend, my dear.

yeah, I can't deal - 08/16/06 01:32 AM

with how she can't seem to figure out how to speak to the person who was speaking to her. I thought all the young'uns were supposed to be so internet saavy...WTF???

I'll take some of that action.... - 08/16/06 01:34 AM

anyone want in on this???

We could send some runners to Vegas with the bets!!!

Re: yeah, I can't deal - 08/16/06 01:35 AM

That's because she says it's her sister on her website - she is the one that is internet saavy!!!

No.... - 08/16/06 01:35 AM

you're right....being here illegally doesn't make you less of a person...but it does make you a criminal....a criminal person.

Runs... - 08/16/06 01:38 AM

[quote]I think I have a better time watching my cat muck around with mole...... [/quote]

For whatever reason I think I'd find that entertaining.

Re: No.... - 08/16/06 01:38 AM

Melody, let's head to Vegas...I need money to pay my attorney fees! There are so few sure things these days!

Re: yeah, I can't deal - 08/16/06 01:39 AM

you realy said young'uns wow that's country

Re: I'll take some of that action.... - 08/16/06 01:39 AM

When I was in Germany a few years ago I got an eye infection and could not fly. The airlines sent me to the local hospital. I had to leave the hospital, go to the National Bank and get CASH. The hospital would not accept my insurance card or credit card because I was not a German citizen. They offered NO help. Pay (in cash) or leave is their motto

Re: Runs... - 08/16/06 01:41 AM

LOL.. course, now I am finding she is legally blind.... and I just put my foot in my mouth about a mole.... LOL No resemblance.. what so ever!

Re: Runs... - 08/16/06 01:41 AM

Now, that is funny!!!

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:42 AM

ur accountant must not be too bright if your paying that much in taxes every year

Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:42 AM

we "city folk" sometimes use those cute 'country' colloquialisms to make snide remarks...did you get it? I guess not.

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:43 AM

it sound cuntry

HA - 08/16/06 01:43 AM

perhaps she makes bundles and bundles of money...but you welfare recipients wouldn't know about that would you?

Re: HA - 08/16/06 01:44 AM

she had better if not fire your accountant and quick

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:44 AM

"cuntry"

Do I even touch this one?

D+ again... - 08/16/06 01:44 AM

Now your subject-verb agreement is off. As well as the profane word you just used. YOu should really wash your mouth out!

COME ON - 08/16/06 01:45 AM

Fish in barrel....gun loaded....shoot!!!

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:46 AM

OMG! Hypnotiq, that clinched it for me.....you don't have a f#ckin' clue about taxes, etc....

Check this out -

I used to be a certified tax preparer, so I do our taxes. You take what my husband makes, subtract taxes, the CS that he pays, and he gets less than 40% of what he makes a year...and why? Because he pays so much CS (more than he should) that we don't have any money to invest or buy a house to get real tax write-offs to help us tax-wise...

Oh, but you'd not know about that, being a welfare recipient...what my DH pays in taxes each year could literally be solely paying for your welfare!

OMG....maybe I can take Hypno as a tax write off! There's got to be a creative way to do that!

ROFL!

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:46 AM

I think she knows all about "cuntry"!!! LMAO!!!

Re: D+ again... - 08/16/06 01:47 AM

Okay.. help me understand this one...

what's wrong with "country".....LOL! I like Country... Country is cool..... Country is chic... Country is in!

There is a difference Hypno in being country and just being stupid.... ...

You know.. I told the GAL office today "you just can't fix stupid, can ya?"... (disclaimer.. I am NOT calling anyone stupid.. I was referring to a case I am on)

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:47 AM

Did you all see the myspace post that Maury posted with the same name and in Ocean NJ? Hypnotic...

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:48 AM

You mean about "riding big things"??? Yep, I saw it!!!

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:48 AM

maybe you need a refresher course

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:48 AM

Maybe My husband makes alot of money???? Hypno run that by your math teacher

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:49 AM

Hypno, maybe you need to mind your own f&ckin' business! Sorry, but you are as clueless as they come.

Yes, I saw that as well - 08/16/06 01:49 AM

I guess when you ride big things, then 'cuntry' makes sense.

Re: Yes, dear - 08/16/06 01:49 AM

I though it sounded like a colloquialism

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:50 AM

what percent of cs does he pay

Re: Yes, I saw that as well - 08/16/06 01:50 AM

OMG..I'm blushing!

Re: Yes, I saw that as well - 08/16/06 01:50 AM

Dude U Suck

Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:50 AM

it's challenging enough for her to reply to the correct poster.

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:51 AM

Hypno, the amount my DH pays is none of your business. You're crossing the line, my dear, and I'm sure there are a few posters here who will back me up. For you to tell me to take a refresher course was totally uncalled for. At least I work!

this would make you blush more - 08/16/06 01:51 AM

she had a picture of a guy in his boxers...sleeping outside his tent...and he had pitched his own tent...if ya know what I mean.

Isn't that lovely for a young girl? So 'cuntry' don't you think?

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:51 AM

do you think you're smarter then me?

hey, don't mince words - 08/16/06 01:52 AM

she's a snot-nosed brat who should be horsewhipped...or perhaps that's too 'cuntry'.

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:52 AM

We all think and know we're smarter than you, hypno!

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:53 AM

EVERYONE is smarter than you

AGAIN!!! - 08/16/06 01:53 AM

Again with the then vs. than...

Thanks, Buckeye.....'in stereo where available'. ROFL!

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:53 AM

Are you posting to me? My husband doesn't pay anything in child support.

i dont work because i go to school full time

Re: this would make you blush more - 08/16/06 01:53 AM

LOL! Heck.. I wish my husband would pitch a tent... but considering I am preggers.... he's staying as far away from me as possible! He just got snipped and isn't too happy with me!

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:54 AM

Lots of folks work and go to school full time....that's no excuse.

Um... - 08/16/06 01:54 AM

wait a minute...this is a tough one...I hope I get it right....I'm gonna say....YES! For the Love of God...YES...I and everyone on this board is smarter than you!!!! Is that clear enough? Even STACEY is smarter than you...and that's really saying something!!!

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:55 AM

Damn, my blood pressure is going up....I'm going to go calm down and see everyone later....this chick is a thorn in my flesh!

Later everybody (and no, that doesn't include you, Hypno)!

Re: Um... - 08/16/06 01:55 AM

you can keep on telling yourself that and maybe eventually you can convince yourself

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:55 AM

Let me get this straight..

1) You have a daughter
2) You are trying to get disability
3) You don't work
4) You live at home
5) you are going to school full time
6) You are 23?

Am I missing anything?

Yes you told us - 08/16/06 01:56 AM

that you go to school full time, but surely you can understand the difficulty we are having reconciling this statement against the absolute garbage that comes from you. Clearly there isn't enough schooling going on....I guess FULL TIME isn't enough!!

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:57 AM

no

Re: Now don't go and use such big words, katie - 08/16/06 01:57 AM

Mussermom,

There ya go.. getting yourself all in a tizzy!! Have a good night!

Re: Um... - 08/16/06 01:57 AM

Hypno, lets take it to the easiest question. What day is tomorrow? It is not a riddle or a trick question.

Re: My grandpa once told my cousin... - 08/16/06 01:57 AM

I think you threw it a curve ball and it's not computing right now.

Oh sweetie....I'm already convinced - 08/16/06 01:57 AM

no need to belabor it. Your just downright stupid....and there's nothing anyone here can do to help you out of it.

Re: Oh sweetie....I'm already convinced - 08/16/06 01:59 AM

you think im stupid that is your opinion its not a fact

You missed something Runs - 08/16/06 01:59 AM

She bragged about how she collects welfare and feels she's entitled to any darned thing she can get from the government...because somehow, she's "paid into" it...Interesting?

Re: You missed something Runs - 08/16/06 01:59 AM

its not like i never worked in my life

Yes, it's my opinion - 08/16/06 02:01 AM

and that of the others...but it's based IN FACT on your brilliant postings. Got that?

Re: You missed something Runs - 08/16/06 02:01 AM

Let me tell you something Little Miss Pea. I have worked longer than you have been alive. That does not make me entittled to welfare!

I KNOW she is! (eom) - 08/16/06 02:01 AM

Re: I KNOW she is! (eom) - 08/16/06 02:02 AM

WHO???

The moderator is smarter than she is... - 08/16/06 02:02 AM

Oh wait...there's no moderator on this board. Oh well...they're still smarter than she is.

Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:02 AM

and has actually worked in her life...what do you think she's earned in her 23 years?

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:04 AM

Who takes care of your child while you are in school? How do you afford a child if you do not have income? Welfare is not meant to totally support you and it's not meant to be permanent..... What are you studying?

Oh Jeez - 08/16/06 02:05 AM

don't get her started again....she's a management trainee sales data entry mecial[sic] assistant. And she is studying some sort of admin of justice program so she can be a lawyer who makes lots and lots of money and represents all the poor women.

Check back around page 20 or so.

Yabbut... - 08/16/06 02:05 AM

If you DID call her stupid, she probably would respond with "thats not nice" under someone else's post, if she even realized what you were saying to start with.

Re: Oh Jeez - 08/16/06 02:07 AM

while being legally blind, raising a child and living at home. Sounds like she has a full cuntry!!!

Re: Oh Jeez - 08/16/06 02:07 AM

That was funny

Re: Oh Jeez - 08/16/06 02:08 AM

Her resume sounds like [censored]'s... OH HELL.. you can't say ER IC.. how f'ing funny is that?? (should I had known that by now?)

Anway... she needs to add preacher and truck driver.... than we would have it!

Re: Oh Jeez - 08/16/06 02:08 AM

I think I stumped her with my question about what day tomorrow is. She probably will respond tomorrow with her answer after the Econ class tomorrow.

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:09 AM

i dont want it to be permanent i take most of my classes online im studying criminal justice

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:10 AM

how do you do that if you are blind?

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:10 AM

you do online classes for CJ? (boy, my ex would love that one) What do you want to do with a CJ degree?

You didn't answer all the questions-

HOW do you afford a child?

OMG!!!! She isn't even - 08/16/06 02:11 AM

dragging her ass to a classroom!!! How much more lazy can ya get? She's already collecting free money, compliments of all of us....you're welcome hypno...and now she sits around all day pretending to take classes online??? Yeah....that's really great...what an investment I'm making with my tax money!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:12 AM

Katie.. there is a difference in beling "blind" and being "legally blind".

That's nothing... - 08/16/06 02:12 AM

you can't even talk about this law f.i.r.m she thinks she's going to go work for once she's gotten a f.i.r.m. background in law. Hehe

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:13 AM

My bad, she is legally stupid

Is that like - 08/16/06 02:13 AM

criminally insane???

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:14 AM

as I said.. you can't fix stupid..... God's been trying for years....

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:17 AM

there is a difference between legally blind and completely blind my vision cant be corrected to 20/20 and surgery wont help without contacts all i can see is colors

Re: Runs - My "Tizzy" - 08/16/06 02:17 AM

Okay, after a quick bite to eat and a couple of deep breaths, let me explain a couple of things...

First of all, I didn't have a 'tizzy'....I get damned tired of snotty brats who think the world owes them something for nothing. I'm on disability for a legitimate illness. Yet I still take in ironing and mending to help make ends meet. I live in a house that's too small for me, deal with the needs of an autistic son, my husband works too hard, pays more than he should in CS (based on income), doesn't get to be with his kids because of an ex wife who is a bytch, have had to pay out tons of money to an attorney to fight for what's already CO'd. I'm $15K in debt 'this time'....for a total of $50K since my DH was divorced! I have parents who are ill, a couple of friends who betrayed me deeply this week, and I've just had it 'up to here' with the nonsense this brat (hypnotiq) has been spewing on this board....yeah, I might be overly sensitive, but I've been dealt a pretty rotten hand in the last few weeks and I'm doing my best to process it...so if I'm over-reacting, I'm totally sorry, but it's the best I can do right now!

Sorry my 'tizzy' bothered you!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:19 AM

law school not all my classes are online just some of them
i afford her because of tanf

Yes, there is... - 08/16/06 02:20 AM

My grandmother is "legally blind", and even that 82 yo woman drags her ass outta the house and goes grocery shopping, to yard sales, takes trips, and spends one day every week at the church preschool rocking babies. They bring babies to her and she just sits and rocks babies all day long...for FREE! This moron can't even get her ass up off the computer to go to class.

She didn't ask for a clarification - 08/16/06 02:21 AM

she already knew there was a difference.

Re: Runs - My "Tizzy" - 08/16/06 02:23 AM

Mussermom,

I don't quite know the context in which your post was written.. but I am concerned by the "sorry my Tizzy bothered you"...

I was not bothered at all.... I am from the south and we use "tizzy" all the time... it's not meant as a bad thing.... you said your blood pressure was going and I said "there you go getting yourself in a tizzy"... referencing your blood pressure going... it was a joke!

we also have a saying in down here.. it's called "easy trigger"..... so.. Easy trigger.. it's all good!

I didn't think you overreacted at all - 08/16/06 02:23 AM

and I guess I missed the "tizzy"....I hope things calm down for you, though. Did you get my PM?

Anyone actually... - 08/16/06 02:23 AM

But our resident troll in training (TIT for short) wanted to know if Melody thought she was smarter than her. And I know Melody (or anyone else here) is.

Then YOU don't afford her... - 08/16/06 02:24 AM

the taxpayers do.

Re: Anyone actually... - 08/16/06 02:25 AM

OMG, this is so funny - first we have "hippo", then "cuntry" and now "TIT. LMAOROTFPMP!!!

Yes, folks.... - 08/16/06 02:25 AM

she can AFFORD to have her kid because of good people like you and me who WORK FOR A LIVING....AND PAY TAXES TO SUPPORT LEECHES!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:25 AM

Hypno,

I apologize, but I just can't comprehend what you are saying. Can you do full sentences?

I am gathering you want to go to Law School- right? What type of law are you wanting to practice?

What is TANF?

Re: OMG!!!! She isn't even - 08/16/06 02:26 AM

its the same class either you take it online or you go to the school and sit in front of a tv screen

TANF - 08/16/06 02:27 AM

Temporary Aid to Needy Families...ie: welfare

Sorry, Runs - 08/16/06 02:27 AM

but back about 45 pages or so...we had the discussion about the poor writing and grammar skills. At least we have pronouns from this one...our buddy Stacey thinks it's a grave gramatical error to use pronouns in a sentence. Imagine the confusion trying to decifer some of her posts!!! Imagine how this one's legal briefs will look!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:27 AM

family law im so sick of seeing people getting screwed over i like helping people

Re: I didn't think you overreacted at all - 08/16/06 02:27 AM

http://www.divorcesource.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=136580&page=0&vc=1

She was referring to my post... and it was meant as a joke...to her comment on her blood pressure going.... that's all.. I think she took it wrong!

Re: Runs - My "Tizzy" - 08/16/06 02:27 AM

Sorry, Runs....as you can tell, I'm just overly sensitive....didn't mean to barf on everyone.

"Tizzy" in my house means a 'tantrum'....I guess we from the midwest use it differently.

I'm sorry I took it wrong...I need a lot of grace and mercy from everyone tonight.

Re: I didn't think you overreacted at all - 08/16/06 02:29 AM

Hey, Mel - thanks, I did get your PM. I wrote you back. Did you get it?

Someone hit me in the head with a ball-peen hammer and put me out of my misery! LOL! Man, I'm a head case tonight.

I'm sorry, everybody....just struggling a lot and getting triggered easily.

OH wow...THANK YOU - 08/16/06 02:29 AM

I had no idea....I never knew! Duh...BTDT and no...online classes are NOT exactly the same as the in person version....in fact, many classes are NOT offered online because it would be impossible to make them as rigorous as they must be to earn the college credits and to ensure that the student is doing their own work. General Ed courses (lower division) are more readily available, but upper division are usually not...there's a darned good reason for this.

Dang the visual! - 08/16/06 02:29 AM

I mean, she's on welfare, sits on her computer all day. Did you REALLY have to conjur up the idea of what her briefs look like????

Re: Runs - My "Tizzy" - 08/16/06 02:30 AM

tizzy in my house means overwhelmed

Re: Runs - My "Tizzy" - 08/16/06 02:30 AM

HUGS!!!

You will be in my prayers Mussermom! You have a lot on your shoulders right now... and I understand!

No I didn't - 08/16/06 02:31 AM

It must have gotten lost in cyberspace...don't worry about it....I'll be sending you the new URLs at another time....and sometime when you are much less stressed you can check them out. Relax, girl!!!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:32 AM

so why the CJ class? Is that required for family law?

Better than the - 08/16/06 02:32 AM

boxers I saw last night!!!! LOL

Re: No I didn't - 08/16/06 02:32 AM

Shoot! I'll re-send...and I'll be looking forward to the URLs.

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:36 AM

certain majors look better then others if i majored in what i really wanted to there is no way i would get into law school

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:37 AM

Proper English looks better than what you write. If you continue writing the way you do there's no way you'll get into ANY school.

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:38 AM

I bet not!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:41 AM

I'm still trying to figure out a way to take hypno as a tax deduction...ROFL!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:46 AM

damnit.. there went the cola all over the computer!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:46 AM

well, in theory, you can take dependents., She is dependent on you for entertainment. I wouldn't try though. I wish we could take the family or person we support on welfare as dependents.

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:49 AM

Hypno,

Humor me if you will. Can you post and speak in full sentences? If so, do it, please... can you imagine what a professor would think if he saw your grammer? I just don't understand how an aspiring Lawyer could think they would be taken seriously with your grammer and internet slang.

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:54 AM

Oy vay. I actually went back and read the threads from the troll and I must confess, and I am now less intelligent for having read them.

Don't feed this troll anymore. I doubt that a thing stated is real (or at least change your font to white and watch her go crazy trying to read them).

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 02:56 AM

Maury,

Since my cat killed the mole... there's no entertainment... I need a newsflash.. I SURELY you can come up with one!!
it's been a long while since you've read us a story!

Re: Yeah, she's 23 - 08/16/06 03:00 AM

Maury, Melody and I decided on another thread that we're going to start writing our posts in pig latin!