No support

Posted by: mommy2boys

No support - 08/17/06 03:03 AM

I found this in the local newspaper.

"D.F. Mills, 30, Diamond St., Tallahassee, Fla., was booked Aug. 4 with criminal neglect of family after being found $29,000 in arrears in his $350 monthly child support payment."

This guy hasn't paid a dime of support in nearly 7 years. Why would anyone wait this long to pursue this deadbeat? If they have pursued him for this, why in the world would the state wait 7 years to arrest him. BTW, he wasn't even in FL when he was arrested.
Posted by: mussersmom

Re: No support - 08/17/06 03:05 AM

Too many deadbeats....not enough deadbeat-getters!
Posted by: Maury

Re: No support - 08/17/06 05:15 AM

Different states have different laws. Often, it takes a significant arrearage to warrant criminal action.
Posted by: katiefedup

Re: No support - 08/17/06 05:43 AM

Oh Please, you have to ask why? I have been 16 years trying to collect support. It wasn't until the ex was over $100,000.00+ before they activly went after him. It still took three years after he was located. He has since paid $1,400.00 Yes fourteen hundered dollars out of the One hundred, sixteen thousand and some change that he is behind. He went to court today for sentencing and it was continued until mid Oct.
Posted by: Miranda

Re: No support - 08/17/06 01:54 PM

Why was it continued?
Posted by: LeAnne

Re: No support - 08/17/06 02:14 PM

Mine owes 86,000 and we were in court for 6 months. Continued, continued, continued. I think they have to give the defendant every chance to prove they are innocent. If he showed up without a lawyer, they have to go through a whole process, saying they don't have a lawyer, at least mine did. They have to have a chance to get a public defender, another court process. Mine didn't have a lawyer or public defender, a whole other process, where the judge tries to tell him to get one or the judge appoints one. He wanted to represent himself (IDIOT). Then they have another process in front of the judge, where he represented himself and the judge informed him of his rights and that he refused counsel(IDIOT). Then we finally got to a real court date about CS, then it was slam time. Sentence to 4 years dept of corrections, SES 5 years probation, pay 100.00 a week, then he got busted for another DWI, got sent up for 4 years for DWI, 3rd offense, now CS judge(crimminal non support) issued another warrant for his arrest. So once he gets done for the DWI, I guess he stay for the CS, I really don't know?
Posted by: Rann

Re: No support - 08/17/06 05:19 PM

Gee ... I've paid nearly $80K in child support over the past 5 years! It was recently lowered below $1K a month. More manageable I suppose.

Just think of all the vacations (Bali, Hawaii, Europe) or a house instead of apartment (LOL) and toys I could have had I been a "dead beat" loser of a dad. I could have been living up the single life ... living large perhaps.

But, how could a any father do something like that his children or the mother of his children? Set aside all the problems associated with a divorce, hurt feelings, etc, etc. Your children will always be your children!

Guess we're all a little different, huh.
Posted by: gr8Dad

Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 05:33 PM

"But, how could a any father do something like that his children or the mother of his children?"

WOMEN are deadbeats as well, not just men. I know you probably didn't think like that, just trying to change the mindset.
Posted by: NancyD

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 06:26 PM

I think he was just reflecting on the situation as posted....it was specifically about a father not payng.

You are like the people who go around forcing everyone to be politically correct in all circumstances. Sometimes, we revert to a simpler way of phrasing something that has no ulterior motive.

Do you say the Apostle's Creed at Mass and edit the phrase "For us MEN and for our salvation He came down from heaven." so that it reads "For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven."? Many people in my church do, even the priests.
Posted by: gr8Dad

I don't, but only because... - 08/17/06 07:04 PM

"Do you say the Apostle's Creed at Mass and edit the phrase "For us MEN and for our salvation He came down from heaven." so that it reads "For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven."? "

...all women are going to hell...LMAO!

Re: I don't, but only because... - 08/17/06 08:50 PM

Yeah, well in my case it'll be the first time the family will all be together for a reunion in years! LOL!
Posted by: hypnotiq2306

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 09:38 PM

They're are more deadbeat fathers then mothers.
Posted by: NancyD

Re: I don't, but only because... - 08/17/06 09:46 PM

And once we all get there, we'll fix it up real pretty...or drive Satan crazy while we try. LOL.
Posted by: M5M5

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 10:42 PM

How do you know? Are you an expert on the subject?

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 10:52 PM

Its common senseif the mother is the custodial parent 90 percent of the time. Then obviously there are more dead beat fathers then mothers.

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 11:13 PM

How do you know that mothers are the custodial parents 90% of the time? Are you an expert?

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/17/06 11:22 PM

Your % is very high on the female CP. Please recheck them. Futhermore, if you were to look at female CP's vs. male CP's, you will find that females are much more likely to be deadbeats.
Posted by: Cinder2

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:23 AM

From the US census bureau website:

2000:
674,000 moms in US required to pay child support. 57% pay.
6.3 million dads in US required to pay child support. 68% pay.

2005:
Total children under 18: 75,523,000
Living with two parents: 49,573,000
Living with mother only: 17,177,000
Living with father only: 3,489,000
Living with other relatives: 2,523,000
Living with non-relatives: 762,000

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:24 AM

so moms are the bigger deadbeat parent.

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:26 AM

Yup. Not numerically, but percentage-wise. :)

I think it's sad that there are so many kids living with relatives that aren't their mother or father.

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:32 AM

I think thoes are the children that have been adopted or children that are in foster care.

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:40 AM

I found even more. Of those kids who do not live with mother or father this is the breakdown:

lives with grandparent 1,592,000
lives with other relative 938,000

lives with foster parent 219,000
lives with other nonrelative 543,000

I think adoptive parents are considered parents.
Posted by: Rann

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:57 AM

I will watch what I say from this point forward :-)

I merely put in my two cents regarding men not paying child support. I pay and have paid so I wasn't bragging about it either.

:ooo: :ooo:
Posted by: Dee78

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 12:57 AM

Yeah, there are alot of custodial grandparents at there. When neither parent is ready to be a parent, the grandparent is the next in line.

My aunt is raising her ex-gf's grandson. The children were divided up and sent to various family members in order to keep them in the family, no one could take in all of them.
Posted by: tsl

Re: Watch what you say... - 08/18/06 11:43 AM

[quote]I pay and have paid so I wasn't bragging about it either.

I think you have EVERY RIGHT to BRAG! So many of us on here don't have responsibile NCPs like yourself. Congrats on being there and remaining a positive influence to your child(ren).

:ooo: :ooo: [/quote]
Posted by: almostheaven

Another way is... - 08/19/06 06:18 PM

If you cannot afford to pursue it yourself, you leave it up to the state. And the state...won't. CSE sat on mine and FINALLY took him to court to have the CS increased from the state minimum and to get a wage withholding order, for the FIRST time, after nearly 16 years. To what purpose? He left that job after only about 6 months of garnishments. Then he was in jail for a time, so no CS there. I hear he recently got out. But after he stole money from his daughter's purse after she opened her home to him, even she doesn't care about him anymore so it's hard knowing what he's up to now.

You didn't know? - 08/19/06 06:19 PM

She's an expert on everything. ;)

No... - 08/19/06 06:21 PM

We share this earth with men. Therefore, all women are already in hell.

Re: You didn't know? - 08/19/06 06:45 PM

I was right

No, you weren't... - 08/19/06 07:03 PM

You said there are more deadbeat fathers. But since the number of fathers and mothers aren't even, you can't know if there are more. There are more merely because there are more non-custodial fathers. If I said there are more black criminals in an area where blacks outnumbered whites 10 to 1, I'd bet you'd get terribly upset at that generalization.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/19/06 07:28 PM

Actually I wouldn't. There are still more deadbeat fathers then mothers numbers wise not based on percents.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/19/06 11:33 PM

If the number of NCP fathers is far greater than NCP mothers then the chances of deadbeat NCP fathers is greater than the chances of deadbeat NCP mothers. Think logically here, in a situation like this with such a difference in NCP mothers to NCP fathers you can't go by the actually number of deadbeats you must look at percentages, ot determine which is more likely to be a deadbeat, and statistics show it is the NCP mothers that are more often deadbeats. Anyone with a little education under their belt could figure this out!

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/19/06 11:54 PM

i didnt say which one is more likely. i said there are more.
Posted by: Melody

Which is why the percentage is the more - 08/20/06 12:06 AM

appropriate statistic to view...rather than actual numbers.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 12:42 AM

last time...there are more deadbeat NCP"s that are females.

And you're still wrong... - 08/20/06 01:06 AM

The number is only greater because there are more non-custodial fathers than mothers. But by ratio, there are MORE deadbeat mothers. I know you SOUND like a sixth grade dropout, but surely you learned about ratios by sixth grade.
Posted by: Buckeye

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 01:14 AM

The only fair way to discuss it is by ratios - anything else doesn't prove anything.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 01:47 AM

being a cp you don't get the chance to be a deadbeat

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 01:54 AM

Oh please. I can think of a few deadbeat CP's.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:01 AM

taking care of a child isn't easy deadbeat mrans you dont take careof your child. thats why cp don't get to be deadbeats
Posted by: Runswithscissors

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:20 AM

stop feeding the troll!!!

LOL!

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:26 AM

Yes, by defination, a CP can be a deadbeat if they do not contribute to the cost of supporting their children...by defination. of coarse. So you are a deadbeat CP

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:35 AM

financially is not the only way of supporting your children.
There is no such thing as a deadbeat cp unless you do nothing for your children. dont u think its much easier to sign as check then to take care of a child. ncp have it easy

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:45 AM

What the hell is it with all these damn stupid comments people are making???

"ncp have it easy"

NO.. NCP do NOT have it easy... SOME DO... but not all....
I am a NCP and I DO MORE than the Ex!! I take our daughter to the Dr, I do the dentist. I do the transport... I do the school stuff, I do the haircuts....... I do the after school activities..

Yes, there are deadbeat NCP's out there.. but to put it in a general catagory.. is foolish!

YOU my dear are a deadbeat...You are teaching your child to live off the gov't tit, while you sit here.. idle on a damn computer doing NOTHING all day.....

Now..I am done feeding the troll... they are useless!

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:52 AM

you are not the tyical ncp. the point is it is alot easier to sign a check then to do everything for your children.
im an entitled to gov't assistance. it would be a hell of a lot easier to just give money then to have to care for a child. you sound kind of jealous that i get to sit on a computer all day and do nothing!

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 02:56 AM

NO, I am not jealous because my JOB, You know the thing you do to make a living IS being on the computer all day...

I actually pity you... and your child....
As I said, you are a deadbeat... have a good life.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 03:06 AM

boy you have alot to learn. Just because you are a CP doesn't make you a good parent..and yes you can be a deadbeat CP

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 03:08 AM

In your small warped world maybe. I believe we have it 10 times harder than my DH's ex..and she is CP!

Do you not support your child?

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 03:10 AM

So did the goverment pay for your pc? Do they pay for your internet access? You know something..it's ppl like you the reason REAL ppl who actually NEED TEMPORARY help/assistance can not get it.

and what, pray tell, is the "typical" ncp?

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 03:12 AM

I don't really think she is a troll...I think she is just an idiotic moron who thinks she knows everything there is to know about life because she is a mother. Boy does she have a rude awakening coming one day.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 03:21 AM

She might not be a troll, but she is a classic deadbeat parent CP.

Good job, guys - 08/20/06 05:22 AM

I see you took care of things nicely while I was out for the evening with SO for our 7th Anniversary. Kind of a boring night though....we have to go to the Fil-Am dinner at church with my parents and every year it falls on our anniversary weekend....so there we were yet again. Maybe next year we'll break tradition!
Posted by: catrmm

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 12:34 PM

Actually it's even more complicated than that. Raw numbers don't provide the total picture. This example about deadbeats is a good example. But nor do ratios provide the total picture either because, like raw numbers, they are affected by whatever factors are considered in the ratio and what are not. Looking at both raw numbers and any ratios determined together gives a slightly better picture but it's still not the the full picture and we always have to keep in mind just how easy it is to make ratios completely accurate yet completely misleading! The phrase "statistics lie" is very true!
Posted by: Renee

shoot.... - 08/20/06 01:39 PM

how the heck am I going to get COFFEE off my laptop keyboard now...

roflmao!

Re: And you're still wrong... - 08/20/06 05:18 PM

You are giving her to much educational credit. I don't think she made it out of first grade.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 08:54 PM

You are an idiot I am far from a deadbeat. My daughter needs me to stay home with her jackass

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 08:59 PM

Why does she "need" you to stay home with her? I think it's more like you *want* to stay home with her.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 09:14 PM

Because she tested positive for PKU. I feel the need to stay with her until the second test results come back.

B.S.! - 08/20/06 09:20 PM

If CPs weren't deadbeats, there'd be no need of CPS. Idiot.

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 09:24 PM

[quote My daughter needs me to stay home with her jackass [/quote]

Your daughter has a jackass?

Which is it? - 08/20/06 09:26 PM

>>>>>What the hell is it with all these damn stupid comments *****people***** are making???

>>>>>Now..I am done feeding the *****troll*****... they are useless!

Trolls aren't people. ;)

"im an entitled to gov't assistance" - 08/20/06 09:28 PM

There goes that entitlement mentality. With the stupidity it displays in poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, I can understand why it would be entitled to welfare. It can't do much else.

But wait! You get to sit on a computer all day and do nothing??? I thought you were going to school? Ooops, me smell troll even stronger than before. And boy it sure do stink. You should try deodorant.

I know.... - 08/20/06 09:28 PM

punctuation was invented for a darned good reason.

On another note, I would never allow a five month old to have a jackass for a pet....way too dangerous. Besides...why would the baby want the mommy to stay home with the jackass? Shouldn't the jackass be in a pen somewhere?

Nope, she's a definite troll... - 08/20/06 09:30 PM

Comon. NOBODY, poor single idiotic moronic mother or not, is stupid enough to claim they are entitled to welfare and get to sit on the computer and do nothing, in one breath, then claim they go to school so they can become a lawyer and defend single mothers for nothing and become royalty rich off of it within 10 years, in another. That's typical troll behavior.

Yup... - 08/20/06 09:30 PM

her mother.

You think... - 08/20/06 09:32 PM

it's the classroom computer she's using? First graders have computer access, don't they? ;)

Re: shoot.... - 08/20/06 09:33 PM

Put it in the bathtub.

No really, I know someone who did that to get their's clean.

Don't really know why it wouldn't work anymore after that though. Hmmmmm

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 09:34 PM

that is for neglect moron and in that case they are no longer cp

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 09:36 PM

They ARE until the kids are finally taken, since CPS doesn't work overnight miracles. You said there are no deadbeat CPs. Call me a moron all ya want hon. But the shoe fits you much better than I. ;)

Re: I know.... - 08/20/06 09:46 PM

Well, where does her daughter go while hypno watches the jackass?

Maybe that is what hypno means when she says she "rides big things"...

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 09:49 PM

I wouldn't go that far you are ignorant. The point is there are more deadbeat dads them deadbeat mothers. not all ncp's are deadbeats. cps dont do there job properly anyway. If you want to complain about me being on the system then [censored] about the people that commit fraud or have kids just to sit on the system. I know someone who doesnt even have custody of her kids and she still gets assistance she lives with the father who never paid or will pay child support. she supports his sorry ass.
Posted by: Gecko

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 10:02 PM

I know someone who doesnt even have custody of her kids and she still gets assistance she lives with the father who never paid or will pay child support.

---> So he's a SAHF...he shouldn't have to pay child support.

Re: You think... - 08/20/06 10:14 PM

They sure do, my son who is in Kindergarden has computer access as does my son in daycare.

For all we know she is in her 3rd year of computer studies...LMAO

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 10:17 PM

Hon your own ignorance is showing again. And you're still missing the point.

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 10:19 PM

CPS isn't only for neglect MORON, what about the parents/guardians that abuse the children, have them in and around dangerous situations or individuals? Last time I checked if you are neglecting a child, wether it be financially, emotionally or of their basic needs, you are a DEADBEAT!

CP's can and at times are deadbeats, it isn't only the NCP.

Trying to get you to understand the facts is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed person!!!

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 10:24 PM

What is PKU?

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 10:24 PM

Why do you feel you are ENTITLED to govt assistance?

Re: B.S.! - 08/20/06 10:46 PM

OH DEAR LORD!

There are MORE deadbeat MOMs.... that do not pay CS.... NOT dads... do you understand statistics? Do they teach that in 1st grade?
Posted by: Rebecca5

Re: No, you weren't... - 08/20/06 11:33 PM

PKU is Phenylketonuria. It's a very serious genetic disorder that disallows the body to make use of phenylalanine, which is an essential amino acid. If untreated, it can cause mental retardation. All babies in the US are tested for it within the first week of life, usually before they are sent home from the hospital.

Her daughter must be *very* young, or she must live in a different country.....because the repeat test is recommended within the first two weeks of life.

It's not a good idea - 08/21/06 12:30 AM

to neglect morons...they could hurt themselves.

runs - 08/21/06 12:41 AM

There ard more percentage wise yes but not number wise. that is what I meant. I wasnt just talking about cs. paying cs is nothing compared to what cp deal with on a daily basis

Re: runs - 08/21/06 12:44 AM

How would you know? Have you ever been a NCP? Or, are you just talking out your ass again?

Re: runs - 08/21/06 12:53 AM

lets see sign a check or deal with a child 24 hrs a day

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:03 AM

What about the NCP that barely has enough money each month to sign the check each month or the fact that often the NCP is treated like a visitor in their child's life? I am sorry that you are forced to "Deal" with your child. Maybe you should hand them over to somebody that sees it as a privalge and not as a burdon!

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:08 AM

Or the NCP having to deal with CP that wants more CS, doesn't spend the support on the child, denies visitation to the NCP, having to watch CP alienate child. Oh, yeah, it only it was easier to just write a check.

Grow up little girl - you know nothing of the real world.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:16 AM

It is still much easier. If you can't afford the check keep it in your pants.

Sounds like a great PSA campaign - 08/21/06 01:19 AM

don't you all think??? "KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS"....or else write a check.

NBC..."the more you know"

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:23 AM

Or maybe you shouldn't play without the proper equipment - meaning birth control of some sort.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:23 AM

Or how about using better choices with the person you have a child with.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:24 AM

Besides, no where did I say the NCP couldn't afford it.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:27 AM

if you dont want to have an evil cp running your life then keep it in your pants

yes - 08/21/06 01:28 AM

people ddo change or some just lie.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:35 AM

Maybe the CP should keep their pants on or quit "riding big things"!!!

Re: yes - 08/21/06 01:43 AM

Wait a minute. Does your baby's daddy pay support?

Re: yes - 08/21/06 01:47 AM

no he doesn't he is useless

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:48 AM

I'm not the one beeing irresponsible.

Re: yes - 08/21/06 01:49 AM

But he wasn't useless enough for you to say "no" too, was he?

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:49 AM

I would say YOU were irresponsible and are now, unfortunately, paying the price.

Re: yes - 08/21/06 01:50 AM

He is useless now. That's another story.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:50 AM

I can not believe how you all let this person run and run.... he/she is playing you all and it's hysterical!

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:51 AM

I'm bored and they are playing - so why not??? LOL

ddo? - 08/21/06 01:57 AM

you mean doo doo?

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:57 AM

Buckeye, we are paying the price!

Yeah... - 08/21/06 01:58 AM

whatever happened to the "keep your legs closed" campaign?

Re: runs - 08/21/06 01:59 AM

keep on paying.

That's right - 08/21/06 01:59 AM

hippo has a free ride....we pay for everything.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:00 AM

Damnit Melody.... I resemble that remark! (hippo)

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:01 AM

first of all I'm not fat never have been. That's what happens when people don't take responsibility the taxpayers end up paying.

People with scissors excepted - 08/21/06 02:01 AM

as the ones I know are hard working folks.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:02 AM

OKAY.. I gotta step in on this one...

YOU are right.... when people are not responsible the taxpayers pay... so WTF are YOU doing? We are paying for your ass right now.... because YOU aren't responsible... HENCE.. DEADBEAT!

Okay... now.. Resume the games.

Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:03 AM

I've seen some of the food purchases made by those collecting the welfare...so I'm not inclined to believe you...plus the fact that you're sitting around on your azz an awful lot doing an awful lotto nuttin!

Thanks for admitting that you don't take responsibility for yourself and your actions....thus causing we taxpayers to support you.

You people keep mistaking... - 08/21/06 02:03 AM

a troll for a person. Get it right! It's....

Trying to get you to understand the facts is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed troll!!!

;)

Re: Yeah... - 08/21/06 02:04 AM

Here is what we have..... a person that claims to be a CP with a useless NCP. A person that enjoys putting up sexual type photos of herself on Myspace. A person that does not know basic English. A person that doesn't pay one penny to support her child (making her a deadbeat) and a person that is making a mockery of being a parent!

You couldn't be more correct, runs - 08/21/06 02:04 AM

hippo is a deadbeat, through and through. And the cycle will continue...as her child will learn the ropes from the master.

We can only assume - 08/21/06 02:05 AM

those are her pics....but I doubt it....plus she says her SISTER does the Myspace thing.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:05 AM

My daughhter is sick. I'm don't trust the doctors they might have screwed up her results. i am in no way a deadbeat I don't sit around all day

Re: You couldn't be more correct, runs - 08/21/06 02:06 AM

that's right.. Unfortunately I see it in the system.... they never get out UNLESS the child is removed at an early age..... goes for abuse, alcoholics, drug users.... it's a vicious cycle.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:06 AM

Yes you are fat!!! We all saw the pics on your web page. Who are you kidding??? You are a LA 2, at best.

Re: runs - 08/21/06 02:07 AM

Whatever gave you the idea that all CPs deal with a child 24 hours a day?

First off, most CPs don't sit on their ass at a computer 24 hours a day like you, so they actually deal with their child for some of the day, unlike you. Secondly, some CPs send their kids off to relatives and still collect CS...again, not dealing with a child 24 or any other hour. Lastly, some that even have their kids there, shut them out mentally and go about their business, leaving the kids to often fend for themselves and play alone.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:07 AM

OH.. she's sick.. well.. that explains it!
and we are to just believe this.. right? What does she have?

Re: You couldn't be more correct, runs - 08/21/06 02:07 AM

I just applied for it and they must have thought I was entitled to it otherwise I wouldn't have gottn approved

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:08 AM

wow i weigh 150 i must be so overweight

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:09 AM

Katie,

All due respect.. I'm fat.... so lay off that will ya? don't knock someone for their weight.... hit her with her brains (or lack of) but don't start playing a school girl calling her fat...... that's just mean.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 02:09 AM

PKU

How do you know... - 08/21/06 02:09 AM

it was big?

No...of course - 08/21/06 02:09 AM

don't trust the doctors....because they went to SCHOOL, and became EDUCATED, and speak/write proper ENGLISH, and can provide proper care for your child....But don't trust THEM.

Also, you ARE a deadbeat as you do NOT provide financially for your child, that YOU decided to create. You are foisting the responsibility for her and for you on innocent taxpayers who had nothing to do with whether or not you kept your panties on. YOU are worse than a deadbeat who simply doesn't pay his child support!

Re: You couldn't be more correct, runs - 08/21/06 02:09 AM

Take your sick child to the doctors for a second test. WTF???????????? Your sitting on your ass all day letting her suffer because you think the Dr.'s mixed up the results of the test. There are programs for drug addicted babbies.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:10 AM

I am only going to say this once... it' doesn't matter "WHAT' you look like.... if you are comfortable with your size.... than good for you..... what i am concerned about more is your thoughts and your responsibilty.. or lack of....

That's another debate, but... - 08/21/06 02:10 AM

Living on the taxpayer's dole, sitting on your computer pissing around on bulletin boards...yeah...you ARE the irresponsible link...goodbye! ;)

Re: You couldn't be more correct, runs - 08/21/06 02:11 AM

they are going to redue the test when she is 6 months.
The drug addicted thing isn't funny my sisters godchild was born addicted to heroine.

Re: How do you know... - 08/21/06 02:11 AM

It doesn't matter if "it" was big... stop hitting on appearances people..... that's just rude and inconsequential.

At least you finally recognize... - 08/21/06 02:12 AM

that you don't take responsibility.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:13 AM

I am responsible. whenever I get money I make sure she is well takin care of. Just because I don't work doesn't make me a bad parent

What the heck is an LA 2? (eom) - 08/21/06 02:13 AM

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:15 AM

come on runs, we are not on her showing pictures of ourselves bending over with our fat asses hanging out a pair of shorts and declaring that we are not fat. I don't care if you or hypo is heavy. Makes no difference. But once one shows their dimply fat ass on the web, don't say you are not fat!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:17 AM

the doctors said it was PKU the state health deartment said it was sickle cell trait. That is why they are going to re do the test when she is six months to see what it really is

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:18 AM

Katie,

Define Fat.. what is fat to you MIGHT not be fat to her..... it's shallow to knock people for their apperance regardless of what they look like.....you have more intelligence in that.. so I thought. Maybe you don't....

Not according to your other post... - 08/21/06 02:18 AM

You said you sat on the computer all day.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:18 AM

sounds like jealousy going on over there. Do you have a weight problem most of the time it is the overweight people saying that others are fat.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:20 AM

Hypno, are you or is the baby Africian American? I ask because you said Sickle Cell and that hits unfortunatly majority AA families.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:20 AM

You are a liar!!!!!! When there is a sick infant, one with a potentially fatal disease, they redo the tesy ASAP! They don't wait six months to see who was correct! If THEY did, why are you not up in arms over this? Why have you not taken her to a private doctor? Why have you not saught out multiple opinions instead of waiting 6 months?

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:21 AM

150 makes you heavy for you age.

Here it is! - 08/21/06 02:21 AM

Re: No, you weren't... [Re: Runswithscissors]
#137939 - 08/19/06 10:52 PM (24.187.66.226)

>>>>you sound kind of jealous that i get to sit on a computer all day and do nothing!<<<<<

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:21 AM

Hypno,

that's not true either and it doesn't matter what you look like... I find when people start making fat joke comments it's because they have run out of other things to say..... let it go.. it's not important....

but it DOES - 08/21/06 02:23 AM

make you irresponsible

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:24 AM

Runs, she was the one that started saying that she wasn't heavy. Like I said I don't care what size anyone is. I call em' like I see em'. I could drop a few myself. I would never say that I am not fat, like she did.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:24 AM

it's apparant you don't have anything else to comment on.... that's sad..

150 DOES NOT make her heavy for her age.... my neice is 18 and weighs 150... SO WHAT?? she's also 6.2...

Get off the weight issue... that's like me telling you that wearing your ball cap turned around backwards makes you look like a thug..... neener, neener.... It's just stupid and childish.... It appears you don't have the intelligence to go on substance so you go for the fat jokes... pathetic.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:25 AM

no you are being pathetic and over sensitive. By the way I am a "thug"

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:25 AM

both of us are mixed

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:26 AM

Katie,

TO HER SHE'S NOT FAT.. SFW? are you going to sit here and argue what fat is or are you going to find something of substance? Can you even do that?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:26 AM

mixed what?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:27 AM

I am trying to figure out why they would wait till a child is 6 months to re-test.. especially with such a serious diease....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:27 AM

Africian American and white.

IOW... - 08/21/06 02:28 AM

We have a troll.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:29 AM

I never saw where she said that. Are we not all mixed???

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:29 AM

No i'm not they did the test when she was born they didn't inform me until she was a month old. then when she was 3 months i got a letter from the state health department saying it was sickle cell trait. the doctors said she is healthy but there is something wrong she has the symptoms for PKU except for not gaining weight. when a child has pku they dont show wymptoms right away. the hospital she was born at said wait until she is six months to see if the results change

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:31 AM

oke dokeey, then why do you need to saty with her 24/7?

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:31 AM

No, it's not being over-sensitive.. it's not putting up with mean crap... and you are not a thug... you and I both know that....

If you remember I suffered bulemia for 15 years and I only weighed 120 but I felt like I weighed 200..... now.. due to what I did to my body.. I deal with weight issues... I look at food and gain 10 lbs due to destroying my metabolism and I am dealing with a little girl right now on the binge of an eating disorder because of people thinking a certain size is fat.....

It's wrong to do that period.. and hopefully you nor your daughter ever have to deal with it.. if you did.. you would understand....

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:32 AM

its not heavy for my age its the perfect weight for my height

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:33 AM

If it were anything but a troll, do you really think anyone would care what it looked like? There IS nothing of substance to this troll.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:33 AM

so why is she sick... I mean.. she can have the trait...but does she have the symptons now? I mean.. does she require 24/7 care, do you adminsister medicine? Help me understand why you have to stay with her... she's not "sick". If she was... she would having tests run daily...

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:33 AM

because she is always spitting up and sometimes she chokeson it. I'm just overprotectivr of her

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:35 AM

so, how are you going to go to Law school? How do you plan on handling a sick child and completing your education? Refresh me.. you were going to be a Criminal Attorney, right?

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:35 AM

Ok that has been established. You are within a healthy range. Now back to your issue. If YOUR doctor says she is healthy, why is it that you said you need to be with her 24/7 due to her health. I am pretty healthy, but my doctor said I need Brad Pitt next to me 24/7. Doesn't make it true.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:35 AM

im not worried about the trait. im worried about the pku she is showing the symptoms of it now

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 02:36 AM

Now if it was George Clooney... I wouldn't be seeking a second opinion!

If you come down off your high horse... - 08/21/06 02:37 AM

You'd re-read and realize what a fool of yourself you just made with a comment about appearances regarding MY post...which had nothing to do with appearances. Perhaps you just didn't get the joke. Defend the troll if you want, slam others for fat jokes if you want, look foolish if you want as well.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:37 AM

<because she is always spitting up and sometimes she chokeson it. I'm just overprotectivr of her>>

Good Lord! I guess all new mothers have the right to welfare.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:39 AM

So she can live off the taxpayers and sit on the computer all day.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:40 AM

not spitting up actually throwing up.

Up? (eom) - 08/21/06 02:40 AM

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:41 AM

That could be a sign of a lot of other things - have you contacted her pediatrician to ask him/her about further testing?

Re: If you come down off your high horse... - 08/21/06 02:41 AM

I'm NOT defending the troll... if you would read further than you would understand why I said to stop.. i am dealing with a little girl right now that has been told she is fat.. it is rude and it's inconsequntial.. it's not being on a f*cking high horse... damnit.... it's just asking for some respect when it comes to that.. IF YOU told me to respect something.. I would do it for you... I would not consider that being on a HIGH HORSE.. damnit... we've all known each other long enough to have that respect for each other.. SO I THOUGHT....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:42 AM

yes they keep telling me not to worry and just get the test redone when she's sic months old.I still can't help but worry

Re: If you come down off your high horse... - 08/21/06 02:42 AM

As I said, if you wish to look foolish, go right ahead. Being mad at others for talking about weight and jumping onto someone making a joke about penis size...well...if foolish fits....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:42 AM

oh you said spitting up. My ex throws up all the time after a hard night out at the bars. Are you sure it is your daughter and not you that is throwing up?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:46 AM

That is not funny. How would you like it if someone joked about your child bein sick?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:48 AM

well you are the one joking about it. First you say she has PKU, then you say sickle cell, then you say spits up then you say throws up. If my child was 4-5 months old and was sick as you think she is I would have the facts straight. If I didn't I would have no time on a CS board. There would be far greater reading and reseach that I would be doing.

Re: If you come down off your high horse... - 08/21/06 02:49 AM

Fine Char.. Big hair went out with the 80s.. so did the medusa look.... wanna be a bi tch and play.. bring it.

Lilke I said.. if you had a daughter dealing with mean girls right now... you would understand... I have enough respect for you that if you said something effected you, I would stop.. I am so sorry that you can't do the same.

I can thank Katie for being a good person and understanding... to bad you just want to be a b itch tonight....

I don't know if your daughter has ever had to deal with this and i hope she doesn't...... if she did, than you would have the kindness to understand.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:50 AM

one test said PKU the other one said sickle cell trait. I did all the research.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:51 AM

What diet is your daughter on?

so the two illnesses are related - 08/21/06 02:52 AM

and have exactly the same symptoms?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:52 AM

just formula. i planned on raising her vegetarian anyway but if she has it it will be vegan

Re: so the two illnesses are related - 08/21/06 02:53 AM

I was wondering the same thing.....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:53 AM

no sickle cell trait doesn't have symptoms its the trait not sickle cell anemia. She shows symptoms for PKU

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:54 AM

Why?

so why didn't you have her - 08/21/06 02:54 AM

tested again at two weeks, as the research indicates is appropriate and recommended.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:55 AM

because its healthier

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:56 AM

it is healthier to have her not re-tested

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:56 AM

they did it came back positive my dr is confused because she still gains weight sh said she might just have a low level of the disease

my point was that they are NOT related - 08/21/06 02:57 AM

and are totally different....it's strange that both are being tossed out as POSSIBLE illness for the child. Sickle cell anemia is where the red blood cells are sickle shaped instead of round and don't pass easily through the capillaries to carry hemoglobin and oxygen to all the body cells. The PKU thingie is also genetic, but causes developmental delays and retardation.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:57 AM

Hypno,

Why do you consider it healthier? How do you plan on providing the protein children need?

I live an organic lifestyle, so I am all for health... trust me.. but I just can't find how vegan is healthier.... if you told me that you don't support the killing of animals, than I could say "okay" since that is your choice..

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:58 AM

LOL. .Katie..
Healthier to raise her vegan....LOL.. I got tickeled!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 02:58 AM

that's why i said i would raise her vegetarian if she doesn't have it

is that like being a little bit pregnant? - 08/21/06 02:59 AM

come on...either she has it or she doesn't....so low level cancer is ok? low level pregnancy can be ignored? low level PKU!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:00 AM

You didn't answer my question...

HOW do you plan on providing the protein she will need?
Why do you think Vegan is healthier?

Refresh my memory... Criminal law, right? What year are you?

Re: is that like being a little bit pregnant? - 08/21/06 03:00 AM

that's what the doctor says. they're are more severe levels of the disease retardation is caused in extreme cases

Re: my point was that they are NOT related - 08/21/06 03:02 AM

either way... they would be tested quite often, right?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:03 AM

i think vegetarian is healthier. you can get protein from beans.
I'm first year criminal justice i've switched majors a lot i will probably switch again to psychology

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:03 AM

no

Re: my point was that they are NOT related - 08/21/06 03:04 AM

I would be having my daughter tested as often as possible to check for changes in the levels at the very least. We are talking blood work not radiation, for God's sake

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:04 AM

what type of law do you plan on practicing?

Bean... you will get all the proten she needs from beans?

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:04 AM

If your child has PKU you do not have to be there with him/her. You can put your child in daycare or if you have a retired relative that can babysit and you provide the special diet that is needed for the child. There are special schools that are designed to care for children such as those with PKU, down's syndrome, etc. You are a sick individual to USE your child to sit on your fat ass and milk the system. If anything YOU are neglecting your child and failing to provide the best possible life for your child by not getting a JOB. Get off your ass and quit milking the system, and no you are NOT ENTITLED to govt aid you QUALIFY for it to HELP get you back on your feet, it isn't a life support system that you are using it as. As much as I dispise my X, I have to say he is a better person than you, he HAS brain cancer AND epilipsey, yet he still works,(under the table of course)he isn't sitting around letting the govt provide for him.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:05 AM

< i will probably switch again to psychology >

There goes my Psychology degree and its credability

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:06 AM

LOL Katie... don't fear.. she will change again.... (hopefully not Graphic Communications)

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:06 AM

I wouldn't worry about it....she will switch again!!!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:08 AM

I guess she has given up on all those poor, helpless moms.

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:08 AM

sorry about your ex i am not going to put my child with strangers they will not prvide the same care i do. im not using it as a life support system what's with the fat jokes what makes you think i'm fat?

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:09 AM

are we back to fat jokes? You are not fat, you a beautiful young women who is comfortable photographing your plump round ass, wearing clothes that are clearly too small. To each their own.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:10 AM

no a psychology degree looks better for law school

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:11 AM

family law
pasta dairy and beans

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:11 AM

wasn't it last week, you were telling us criminal courses look better for law school?

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:11 AM

Hypno,

Again- I am confused... you said you were going to be a Lawyer.. right? what type of law do you plan on practicing.

Beans- you plan on providing your daughter's protein through beans? Why is that healthier..... I am interested in learning why Vegan is healther...

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:12 AM

are you angry because i'm confident?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:12 AM

a psychology degree is better for law school than a criminal justice degree?????????????? Have you been listing to your Econ teacher again?

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:12 AM

Katie,

I will say.. I laughed at that one!!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:13 AM

better then politics

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 03:13 AM

I am only confident that you are sucking my money right out of my paycheck!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:13 AM

ROFL! Damn....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:15 AM

YOu are right Katie. PKU should be retested within the first 2-3 weeks, not waiting 6 months. If the disease is left untreated, the child can become mentally retarded as they age. The main treatment for PKU is a controlled diet. This troll obviously doesn't have a clue.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:15 AM

Dairy is not vegan..... it comes from cows, goat... animals....

WHY do you think it's healthier...

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:16 AM

You all know the rules regarding trolls and this one fits them all.

1. Trolls can't spell.
2. Trolls can't compose a complete sentence.
3. Trolls don't understand punctuation.
4. Trolls lie.
5. Trolls get confused easily.
6. Trolls are stupid.
7. Trolls don't have a clue about most things.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:17 AM

now you are bring up cows? Lets not insult her. She thinks pasta dairy will provide protien.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:17 AM

Mimi Bobeck better clear a place on her desk for this troll - and quickly!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:18 AM

That's what my couselor said. I have a few friends that tolf me philosophy is the best degree for law school and criminal jystice isn't so good. also just in case i decide to not go to law school i won't be limited job wise

Psychology and philosophy are not the same thing.

I can just see her now at a resturant. " My daughter is a vegan. Bring her your best past protien that you have!" LOL

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:19 AM

i was talking about vegetarian not vegan. i think vegetarian is healthy

Actually...dairy is an excellent source of protein. Pasta can be, if you buy the right type.

PKU diet - High protein foods, such as: meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, milk, dried beans, and peas are avoided.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:20 AM

LOL Katie...

Was it "pasta dairy" or "Past, dairy"... I just assumed she left out the comma.... ROFL!

Hey.. I had to mention Gecko's Goats.. or are they Susan's?

i know thati didnt want to major philosophy. they were telling me the best majors for law school and philosophy is supposed to be the best one to have

what are you feeding your child?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:21 AM

She changed majors in 3 minutes. Yep, we all want a lawyer that is also a philosopher.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:21 AM

Formula Mommy2boys

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:23 AM

I'm sorry, but the whole "test her at 6 months" thing is a load of horse crap. If she tested positive at the hospital, they would have wanted to repeat the test within 2 weeks. They wouldn't just "wait it out."

And sickle cell anemia is a *completely* different test.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:24 AM

different test same blood sample

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:24 AM

was talking about vegetarian not vegan. i think vegetarian is healthy

----------->you said that if she does have it, it will be Vegan.... what's the difference? Again, I am strictly organic, which includes meat....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:25 AM

vegan eat nothing from an anaimal vegetarians still eat fish and dairy

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:26 AM

no worries, hypo has been surfing the web for some nightly material. Last I heard Hypo was blind. Has anyone heard the one about the blind girl that tries to order off a menu for her vegan infant daughter at the Mexican resturant?????

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:27 AM

All affected persons need regular blood tests to measure if the levels of phenylalanine are too high or too low. Testing for babies may be as often as once a week for the first year, then once or twice a month throughout childhood. The diet must then be adjusted accordingly.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:28 AM

This is what you said earlier, so I am confused
"i planned on raising her vegetarian anyway but if she has it it will be vegan "

okay.. so why if she has it... would you go to a vegan diet? She needs protein FROM fish, milk etc... shouldn't it be the other way around....
IF she doesn't have it.. it will be vegan.. but if she does have it.. it will be vegetarian?

Again, why is it healther.. you haven't really given me a reason why you think it is..I mean... I can tell you why organic is healthier......

Bull.

She would have also been tested for sickle cell at birth. It's a definitive test. She wouldn't "kind of" have sickle cell.

i am legally blind there is a difference what kind of sick freak would make something like that up? I don't eat at nexican restaurants

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:29 AM

sickle cell trait not the disease

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:29 AM

come on Runs, it is healtier because she won't eat anything with a face, except for a fish, that is.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:30 AM

meat is high in fat and it clogs up your insides.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:31 AM

Feeding her just formula is a NO-NO if she has PKU. YOU are going to be the cause of your daughter being developmentally slow and possibly mentally retarded as she gets a little older. Athough I don't believe you that she has PKU, you should educate yourself on the disease before you cause greater harm. If you were over protective of her as you claim to be you would know everything possible that their is to know about PKU and sickle cell trait or any other disease she might have. While you sit on your ass all day playing on the computer you could use your computer time more wisely by researching the diseases, to HELP your child live a normal life, rather than sitting on a message board trying to get people to feel sorry for you.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:31 AM

Meat is high in fat or do you mean "Beef" is high in fat...

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:32 AM

I have never eaten at nexican resturants either. But I won't knock it until I try one. Where in the phone book are they located. Maybe Los Angeles just doesn't have them.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:32 AM

the formuls is the one the dr recommended. i did educate myself on the disease

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:33 AM

Whatever....

If she only carried the trait, she wouldn't suddenly develop the disease. She would just be at risk to pass it on to her children.

And....for either one of these illnesses, the doctor wouldn't just say...."Oh, let's wait until 6 months to find out."

What kind of sick fvck would make these things up? Please...get help.

My understanding is that by one year, the damage has been done if she has PKU without treatment.

Hey... I just had some nexicans move in down the street.....wonder if they can fix me up some nexican grub!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:34 AM

I always wondered what a Nexican looked like, do tell! Should I be scared?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:35 AM

LOL... there goes the sweet tea over the keyboard.....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:36 AM

you must be misunderstanding me she tested positive for PKU twice. the samples were sent to the state and they said sickle cell trait. now they said redo the test at six months

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:36 AM

Must be nexican because you live in the cuntry!!!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:37 AM

Nexicans sound like someone described in a Harry Potter book. I am not eating their food!

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:38 AM

No...you must be realizing that you're full of shiite. You can only back up and double talk so many times before you trip over your own tongue.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:39 AM

what are you talking about read the posts over

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:40 AM

No thanks. Once was already more than I should have.....

But dang....it's like a car wreck, or America's Got Talent.....you know you shouldn't be looking, but you just can't help yourself....

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:40 AM

Rebecca they did the test twice and it came up positive twice. They told her to wait 6 more months before they do another blood test, just in case she grew out of it! LOL

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:41 AM

It doesn't really matter what degree you have going in if you don't get accepted. Your LSAT scores are what matter.

I have one friend that has a biology degree that is an attorney and another that has a communications degree. Hell you could have a degree in underwater basketweaving for all they care as long as you score high enough on the LSAT to get accepted.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:41 AM

This is coming from the person who said she was too heavy for her "age?" LOL

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:42 AM

Mommy2boys, that is 100% true.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:43 AM

<This is coming from the person who said she was too heavy for her "age?" LOL "

What is your Fing point?

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 03:44 AM

and what formula would that be?

It does? - 08/21/06 03:48 AM

and I thought a pre law program would look better for law school.

Last time I check - 08/21/06 03:53 AM

my classifications of life, fish were animals. Vegetarians eat no ACTUAL animals...but do consume their byproducts...milk, cheese, etc. Vegans do not consume any thing that is remotely connected to an animal or its byproducts.

I think you might be on to something there - 08/21/06 03:59 AM

the kid either has the disorder or not...and should be on the proper diet for it immediately....because the damaged caused by not eating the correct diet is severe irreversible mental retardation. The follow up test should have been done within two weeks.

As for the sickle cell...if she has the trait, it means she carries the recessive gene, but she does not SUFFER from the disorder because of the dominant normal gene. She will only PASS ON the sickle cell trait to her children....just as hypno or the father passed it on to this child. There's no cure for being a carrier...and nothing that needs to be done, as it isn't an illness to her...only if she mates with another carrier of the recessive gene....and the child actually gets both of them.

Re: I think you might be on to something there - 08/21/06 04:16 AM

Mel, if Hypo admitts to all of that, then when will she do Myspace? She will have to get a job!

IF you educated yourself as you claim - 08/21/06 04:18 AM

then you would know this little bit of info....

"Affected children must have their blood tested regularly to ensure the presence of the correct level of phenylalanine." Compliments of the Arc's Q&A on PKU. This doesn't mean to wait 6 months, that isn't being tested regularly. Regularly would be 1 or more times each week.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 04:29 AM

Runs, do I need to send you my sons Tommy-tippy cup so you don't spill the tea anymore?

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 04:46 AM

You are right they won't provide the same care, they will provide BETTER care than you. You are using it as life support, you are an able bodied person who is capable of having a job. Legally blind or not, I know people that have all sorts of disabilities that have jobs. And if you think you can't get a job because you are legally blind, guess again maybe you should check out the Americans with Disabilities Act. And don't try to tell me you can't work becuase you are going to school, because I will tell you that is a line of shiit. I work 50+ hours a week, raise not 1 but 2 children (5 & 3) and I go to school. BTW, both of my kids have medical conditions, however I made sure those that care for them understood what needed to be done to provide them with the best care.

Re: Sure...whatever makes you feel better - 08/21/06 04:34 PM

actually it depends on her heighth..not her age.

Yup... - 08/21/06 08:28 PM

I just researched both of these myself and they're nowhere even near similar. IN FACT...vomitting is way down on the list of symptons for sickle cell. There are about 5 other symptoms that would show up first in infants. ALSO...PKU screening is done at birth and they spoke of retesting at 1 to 2 weeks age. So what's this 6 mo. B.S.

LOL... - 08/21/06 08:31 PM

Yup, guess you do wanna look foolish. Let me put it in English hon, since you didn't seem to understand the first two times. So sorry you dealt with eating disorders...however...*****I***** said NOTHING about eating or weight. DO'H! I guess maybe you're upset because you or your daughter's penises aren't large enough? Since that's what I WAS talking about and you somehow decided to go off on a weight tangent then start accusing me of not caring about the eating disorders in your family. Once more...I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT EATING OR WEIGHT. I can say it slower if that will help.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 08:32 PM

8. Trolls are always on welfare.
9. Trolls always pass themselves off as minorities.

ROFLMFAOPIMP!!!!!!!!!!! (eom) - 08/21/06 08:36 PM

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 08:43 PM

And don't the LSATs require a basic understanding of the English language?

"what's the difference?"... - 08/21/06 08:46 PM

Vegetarians allow for some animal products, ie: dairy and eggs. Vegans or vegetarians can get protein in their diets, but as for being healthier, they'd be hard pressed to find any medically qualified doctor, who knows more about this stuff than they do, to agree with them.

As for vegetarian or vegan, this troll flip flops so much, how can you even believe a word she attempts to type...poorly I might add.

"I can tell you why organic is healthier"... - 08/21/06 08:47 PM

And find doctors to back up your claim. ;)

Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:48 PM

Show me the high fat content in chicken, turkey and fish. Man! You're not even a semi-good troll. Most trolls at least know a little something about something. You don't know anything though!

Re: That's right - 08/21/06 08:48 PM

bs a day care will not provide better care them I do.

Never???? - 08/21/06 08:52 PM

Man you are missing some gooooooooooooood food. ;)

If LA doesn't have Mexican restaurants, you must be living in the wrong part of town.

Re: "I can tell you why organic is healthier"... - 08/21/06 08:52 PM

Char,

Are you asking ME to find a doctor to back the claim that Organic is healthier or are you asking Hypno to find a doctor that will back a claim that Vegan/Vegeterian is heathier?

Your post was attached to mine, so it looks like you are asking me... so... I will say that my Doctor supports it 100% and prescribed it. Why? No pesticides, chemicals.... After going organic, I was able to get off all medications and have lived a healthier life with my lupus. I do eat meat.... I am not a vegetarian.. I only eat steriod free meat.... I guess my question is what do you have to loose if you are eating something that has (0) chemicals and no processing agents.. I don't buy boxed food.. I don't buy can food.. I only buy fresh food and make everything from scratch.......... It's a lot of work but it sure has paid off....

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:52 PM

Once again you go on a rant about nothing. For one I never said that meat had a high fat content. I said it clogs your insides up.

Ok, now I get it... - 08/21/06 08:53 PM

Nexican. LOL

Re: Never???? - 08/21/06 08:54 PM

AH,

Talking about me not being able to read.. it was Nexican.. a jOKE based on what Hypno said.. she said "nexican"... so Katie was commenting on that.....

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:54 PM

And, what about meat clogs your insides up???

I can't believe you think you are so intelligent and just about every post is something stupid.

Re: Ok, now I get it... - 08/21/06 08:54 PM

LOL..did the coffee kick in?

Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 08:55 PM

that you could find a doc to backup the claim about organic, but that the troll couldn't find one to backup the claim on vegan/vegetarian. Having been through weightloss myself, I understand all about organics and not having processed foods. Can't do it myself, too cost prohibitive for one and just can't get rid of my love of some foods. But I know why it's healthier.

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:55 PM

it clogs up your digestive tract it also clogs your arteries

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 08:55 PM

10. Trolls always wear rose colored glasses.

Again I call Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:56 PM

You know not of what you speak.

Re: No...of course - 08/21/06 08:56 PM

11. Trolls always live in mama's basement.

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:56 PM

And, tell me how it does that - because I know that meat doesn't go from my stomach to my arteries?

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:57 PM

Hypno,

This is exactly what you said

"meat is high in fat and it clogs up your insides."

So... uh... .yeah.. you did say meat was high in fat "content".

meat is harder for your body to digest that is why a lot of it will sit in your intestines and not fully digest

Dang it Runs - you gave her the answer!!!

Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 08:58 PM

I'd quit while I was behind. I've had REAL clogged arteries, born with heart defects requiring surgery to widen my arteries. So if you think you know what clogs arteries better than I do, bring it sistah'. ;)

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:58 PM

Then, why do I have incisor teeth to tear at meat?

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 08:59 PM

Then please explain to me why when I change my son's diapers, I can see the pea and carrot chunks but not the chicken chunks...

I know people...TMI. LOL

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 08:59 PM

That's too bad eating a lot of meat will clog your arteries red meat is by far the worst

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 08:59 PM

Food Co-op! Do you have one in the area? I use to LOVE whole foods and Wild Oats.. but they jack the price up three/four times..... I found a small food co-op that I work at once a month.. by doing so, I get a discount of 20% on my groceries.... If you go online, you can find local dairy/produce farmers (if you are near arg. area) that sell to individuals..... that's how I started doing it....

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 09:00 PM

you have other body parts that serve no function either.

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:00 PM

That is a fallacy - being a couch potato is far worse.

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 09:00 PM

Really, which ones?

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:01 PM

Had one I would shop from time-to-time up north. None here that I know of. And it was still more expensive for me to shop there than a local grocery. I can get the pesticide laced fruits at Krogers cheaper. LOL

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:02 PM

So you feel I ate too much red meat while I was still in my mother's stomach? Damn you really ARE stupid.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:02 PM

your tonsils and your apendix

WTF?!?!?! - 08/21/06 09:03 PM

>>>>>Had one I would shop from time-to-time up north. None here that I know of. And it was still more expensive for me to shop there than a local grocery. I can get the pesticide laced fruits at Krogers cheaper. LOL <<<<<

What kind of a response is:

"your tonsils and your apendix"
????????????????????????????????????????????

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:04 PM

That is not what I meant. you are obviously the stupid one if you can't understand what I meant.

Re: Bullchit!... - 08/21/06 09:04 PM

Hypno,

ANYTHING can clog you up honey.... especially PROCESSED food.... do you think the Indians had trouble with clog arteries?

MEAT does not do this inadvertely, while lean beef is much healthier 96/4- it's not the meat that clogs you up..... Sugars, starches and body chemistry also cause this.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:04 PM

Actually your tonsils and appendix do have a function. The tonsils filter out bacteria so that it doesn't get down into the lungs. I read that the appendix supposedly starts a baby breathing when it is first born. Not sure if that is true but hey, I read it somewhere and according to your theory, that makes it true!!!

Not likely... - 08/21/06 09:05 PM

Since I speak proper English and use correct grammar, punctuation and spelling to get my messages across. I haven't yet learned the art of understanding gibberish.

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:05 PM

wrong post buckeye asked me what other body parts have no function.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:05 PM

Wax.. the wax is horrible on the fruit.. you can soak that off..

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:06 PM

Every body part has a function - some more valuable than others but they all serve a purpose.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:06 PM

I scrub it with a kitchen scrub pad and rinse.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:07 PM

If that were true they wouldn't remove them. the appendix used to have a function when all we ate was raw meat but now it doesn't do anything.

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:07 PM

Hypno,

Do you even know what your largest organ is?

((((Okay, there she goes...googling it))))

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:07 PM

Make that sometimes.

I don't have the patience for it all the time. When I'm in the mood though, I wash all my fruit and veggies and scrub them. But sometimes, when I'm rushed, I just put them away or eat them right from the store. I figure nobody gets outta here alive anyway. ;)

Re: Not likely... - 08/21/06 09:08 PM

You can't understand common sense either

Re: Hon if I were you... - 08/21/06 09:09 PM

your skin

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:09 PM

Kidney... so you telling me because they can remove a kidney... that it has NO function?? Oh dear lord.

I know what the largest "muscle" is... - 08/21/06 09:09 PM

And would you people stop posting so much so I can finish this thread and get off of it?

Tell that one to my SIL... - 08/21/06 09:10 PM

Who has only one. She'd swear it had a function, because there IS a difference to when she had both.

Re: I know what the largest "muscle" is... - 08/21/06 09:11 PM

they don't remove kidneys unless its necessary. the other two are removed with a slight problem

Re: Read the rest of the article... - 08/21/06 09:11 PM

Digestion
One explanation is the human appendix may serve a purpose in a diet including occasional raw meat. Specifically, it may allow bacteria useful in the digestion of raw meat to be retained, rather than flushed from the system during long intervals between raw meat meals.[2] Thus, those lacking an appendix may be less able to digest raw meat than others. However, as raw meat is no longer a significant portion of most people's diets, this difference would be difficult to detect.

[edit]
Endocrine
The appendix serves an important role in the fetus and in young adults. Endocrine cells appear in the appendix of the human fetus at around the 11th week of development. These endocrine cells of the fetal appendix have been shown to produce various biogenic amines and peptide hormones, compounds that assist with various biological control (homeostatic) mechanisms. There had been little prior evidence of this or any other role of the appendix in animal research, because the appendix does not exist in domestic mammals.

[edit]
Immune
For adult humans the appendix is now thought to be involved primarily in immune functions. Lymphoid tissue begins to accumulate in the appendix shortly after birth and reaches a peak between the second and third decades of life, decreasing rapidly thereafter and practically disappearing after the age of 60. During the early years of development, however, the appendix has been shown to function as a lymphoid organ, assisting with the maturation of B lymphocytes (one variety of white blood cell) and in the production of the class of antibodies known as immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies. Researchers have also shown that the appendix is involved in the production of molecules that help to direct the movement of lymphocytes to various other locations in the body.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:11 PM

Actually... Buckeye.. i hate to admit it... but she is correct.... it is actually belived that your appendix disappears over a period of time......I do remember that now.....

Sure I can... - 08/21/06 09:11 PM

Now show me some.

Would you learn to post... - 08/21/06 09:13 PM

to the appropriate post. Like I said....gibberish.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:13 PM

But, that doesn't mean it doesn't have a function and that we don't use it.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:14 PM

it's hard to determine whether or not it is really used.... In animals it is much more promienant.. as it stores the cellulose... but in humans... there is nothing supporting either way.....

In her case? - 08/21/06 09:14 PM

Brains.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:15 PM

Lots of organs can be removed with little or no problems BUT it is better if they remain in the body.

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:15 PM

Actually, I believe humans are the only "animal" that has an appendix.

Re: Ok, now I get it... - 08/21/06 09:16 PM

Never drink the stuff. Yuck!

Re: Ok, now I get it... - 08/21/06 09:17 PM

In the past, the appendix was often routinely removed and discarded during other abdominal surgeries to prevent any possibility of a later attack of appendicitis; the appendix is now spared in case it is needed later for reconstructive surgery if the urinary bladder is removed. In such surgery, a section of the intestine is formed into a replacement bladder, and the appendix is used to re-create a ’sphincter muscle’ so that the patient remains continent (able to retain urine). In addition, the appendix has been successfully fashioned into a makeshift replacement for a diseased ureter, allowing urine to flow from the kidneys to the bladder. As a result, the appendix, once regarded as a nonfunctional tissue, is now regarded as an important ‘back-up’ that can be used in a variety of reconstructive surgical techniques. It is no longer routinely removed and discarded if it is healthy.

Re: In her case? - 08/21/06 09:18 PM

Well, you actually have to have a brain before it can be removed.

Re: In her case? - 08/21/06 09:21 PM

your brain is malfunctioning

Now you think you're my brain???? (eom) - 08/21/06 09:23 PM

No, she's angry because you're incompetent (eom) - 08/21/06 09:24 PM

your faults - 08/21/06 09:27 PM

you're bitter you think you know everything because your older. if you ever met me in person iwould make you look like the insecure idiot that you really are

Re: Nope, was telling you... - 08/21/06 09:27 PM

actually that's not true... in "animals" the appendix is a larger pouch that stores the cellulose.....

From Newton

"In the other animals, the appendix is much larger
and provides a pouch off the main intestinal
tract, in which cellulose can be trapped and
be subjected to prolonged digestion."

How about the brain? - 08/21/06 11:08 PM

although I think hypno's may not be functioning.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/21/06 11:10 PM

my brain is fine. If I were you I would worry about my own intelligence

I do... - 08/21/06 11:12 PM

that's why I went to REAL school, and studied REAL subjects, and got a REAL degree, so that I could get a REAL job....and not be a leech like you. Did I provide you with enough food, shelter, etc today? I'm sure I did....now did you have the grace to say Thank You? No...I see you didn't. Do you realize that you owe each and every person on this board and elsewhere a huge amount of gratitude because we ALLOW you to be the burden to society that you are???

Re: I do... - 08/21/06 11:16 PM

I do go to real school I am going to get a real job.I don't owe you or anyone else anything. so why would i apoligize for no reason.

I didn't say apologize.... - 08/21/06 11:18 PM

I said GRATITUDE....THANKS....because WE work and pay taxes so that YOU can suck up the welfare and sit on your ass. You're Welcome!!! NOT!

Re: I didn't say apologize.... - 08/21/06 11:26 PM

everyone pays taxes. working is not a priority for me.i am not going to stress over looking for a job. the job market is horrible around here anyway

Yes, - 08/21/06 11:29 PM

we know that working isn't important to you...we also know that collecting money that comes from OUR taxes IS important to you...and for this you should be grateful instead of arrogant!

Clearly you need a remedial reading course, because you never respond to the issue that was posted to you...but only make statements that indicate that you are lost in your own world.

Re: Yes, - 08/21/06 11:33 PM

no remedial readint cours. I paid taxes to just not this yoear every year since 99. so i am entitled to assistance. i dont need to be grateful. im not arrogant just honest sorry if that bothers you so much

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:02 AM

"my brain is fine. If I were you I would worry about my own intelligence"

Well, right from hypo's own mouth - like we didn't know this already.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:06 AM

wow you aren't to bright are you?

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:06 AM

LOL, that was classic! "If I were you I would worry about my own intelligence"

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:08 AM

do I have to explain to you about "quotation" marks?

That is exactly what you said.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:12 AM

it's not my fault you can't comprehend

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:15 AM

It is your fault that no one on this board can comprehend what you write because of your poor grammar.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:17 AM

grammar isn't everything.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:20 AM

Grammar is everything!!!!!!!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:23 AM

no it isn't

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:28 AM

No matter how smart you may be, if you don't have proper grammar, you will appear stupid and ignorant.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:31 AM

on the internet maybe not in person. besides writing out papers or reports when is grammar really used?

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 12:42 AM

Grammar is used in speech so yes, it is used in person. If you can't write properly, most likely you don't talk properly either.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:41 AM

Isn't "her own intelligence" an oxymoron?

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:42 AM

It's not our fault you're stupid either. But hey! We deal with it. ;)

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:43 AM

It is when you're trying to convey a message moron.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:44 AM

Uhhhh, how about in the job market? But you shouldn't worry about that. After all, you're going to be a big shot lawyer. Or was it a philosopher? Or a psychologist? Aww hell, I'm all confused!

EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 01:46 AM

YOU don't.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:46 AM

For a person who wants to be a lawyer, you will have a lot of grammar, etc. for filing with the courts. If you can't do it here, you aren't going to be able to represent your client. I think you better look for a difference field.

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:55 AM

I think she needs to concentrate on the spoken language. Practice the phrase...Would you like that supersized?

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 01:56 AM

LMAO!!!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 02:17 AM

Ditto on the LMAO!

I thought it was... - 08/22/06 02:18 AM

"Would you like fries with that?"

I can pretty safely bet - 08/22/06 02:32 AM

that you're as ignorant in person as you are on the net. In fact, I'd place a large bet in Vegas if they would take it.

LMAO @ AH! - 08/22/06 02:34 AM

good one! Like "pretty ugly"...."jumbo shrimp"

Re: LMAO @ AH! - 08/22/06 02:34 AM

...or 'nice ex-spouse'?

Katie.... - 08/22/06 02:35 AM

I don't know how you come up with them....but that was one of your best yet!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 09:38 PM

You aint to bright

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 09:38 PM

Ever heard of sales tax?

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 10:35 PM

If you do not have a job that generates money, then it is impossible for you to pay ANY ANY ANY taxes. Now in your case, we, the tax payers are paying YOUR sales tax. Get it Get it???? ding dong, is anyone home????

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 10:38 PM

i pay sales tax its still paying taxes

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 10:45 PM

[quote]You aint to bright [/quote]

LOL...I think that's "you aren't too bright", no?

Re: How about the brain? - 08/22/06 10:49 PM

you aint to bright either.

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:26 PM

how do you pay taxes, if you don't have a joB??????

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:27 PM

sales tax is still paying taxes

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:28 PM

YOU don't pay sales tax!!!!!! WE pay it for you!

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:30 PM

i do pay sales tax you dont pay anything for me

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:43 PM

You are just plain stupid! You have demonstrated that your writing skills are well below the third grade level. Obviously your thinking and rationale skills are far less than the basic rank. Most people, with half a brain, would know ,that if one is collecting welfare, then they are not “Paying” sales tax. The system is paying the sales tax on the items that you are purchasing with the money that is GIVEN to you.

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/22/06 11:55 PM

hey stupid i get money other ways also. so yea i do pay sales tax. oh by the way i know im smarter then you in everything except for grammar

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 12:17 AM

Name just one topic that you feel more qualified to debate than I. Didn’t we already do that with the economy and the treatment of minorities? Please choose a topic that I would be interested in discussing. I am not interested in Bud Light vs. Miller Light, BMW vs. Lexus, or butter over margarine.

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 12:19 AM

"hey stupid i get money other ways also." What ways would that be. Try and keep it clean!

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:12 AM

tutoring

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:13 AM

you can pick the topic just make sure its something interesting

then you'd know that she pays more - 08/23/06 02:20 AM

sales tax than you do because she has more buying power due to her JOB!!!

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:24 AM

You are a tutor? Do you get paid for that? Do you report that income as wages? Ok, never mind that silly question. Since you are a tutor, I will assume that education is an interesting topic for you to discuss. Here is my question: Do you think the quality of education that students are receiving is directly tied to the STRS system? Do you believe if STRS and the SS Department were connected , the teacher moral would improve, thus crating a better learning environment? Why or why not? Please be specific.

I pity the child - 08/23/06 02:26 AM

who would be tutored by you...and I pity their Language Arts teacher for having to read the prose that they would submit under your tutelage (look it up).

Re: then you'd know that she pays more - 08/23/06 02:30 AM

the sales tax is the same. we werent talking about who payed more taxes.

Re: I pity the child - 08/23/06 02:31 AM

i tutor music

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:34 AM

education is uninteresting pick something interesting

DUH...only if you buy the same amount - 08/23/06 02:36 AM

and clearly someone who outearns you can out buy you....but then again, that would take some brains to do the math!

I disagree - 08/23/06 02:37 AM

I think it was a very interesting topic...so go on....or is it that you CAN'T.

Re: I disagree - 08/23/06 02:40 AM

honestly that was something i never bothered to follow.

Re: DUH...only if you buy the same amount - 08/23/06 02:40 AM

the percent is the same

so you can't - 08/23/06 02:40 AM

then you lose the debate; thanks for playing; no parting gifts

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:42 AM

ok,Do you think the UN should back the agreement to end the Congo fighting? Why or why not?

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:43 AM

yes because i think that war is horrible war is murder made legal

Re: then you'd know that she pays more - 08/23/06 02:44 AM

LOL, Now that was funny!!!!!! The sales tax is not the same for you as it is for me!!! Ask your econ teacher.

Boy you ARE dumb - 08/23/06 02:45 AM

because....each county within each state sets it own sales tax rates! AND....the amount of tax paid would be different because of the amounts spent!!! For example: You cashed your welfare check and sold your food stamps to your neighbor which nets you $50. You go to Kmart to buy a new Kathie Lee Gifford sweater and pay 8% sales tax....Total = $54 Katiefedup, on the other hand, takes her paycheck from her job and cashes it, but since the wad of bills is soooooo big, it can't remain in her purse, she stops at Nordstroms to pick up the latest Coach bag, Kenneth Cole boots, Seven for All Mankind jeans, and a few other odds and ends which come up to $1500...with 8% sales tax, Katie spends $1620. Still think you pay the same sales tax????

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 02:46 AM

Oh I did not realize that the Congo was at war. Hold the presses everyone, there is breaking news!!!!!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/23/06 02:47 AM

Since you don't know me, Hypno, your comment is unfounded. I was simply correcting your writing, and laughing because the way you wrote your statement 'you aint to bright' showed that you weren't either since you can't spell or punctuate.

Re: Boy you ARE dumb - 08/23/06 02:47 AM

there is no sales tax on clothes here genius

oops - 08/23/06 02:47 AM

good one, katie

Re: How about the brain? - 08/23/06 02:48 AM

i can spell fine my grammar sucks though

Example still applies - 08/23/06 02:48 AM

and then it's clear that katie spends more in sales tax than you do...since California has sales tax on clothing. Any more tidbits I can help you with???

I wouldn't go that far - 08/23/06 02:49 AM

I've seen your spelling.....'cuntry' rings a bell.

heres one - 08/23/06 02:49 AM

who do you think our next pres will be?

Re: I wouldn't go that far - 08/23/06 02:50 AM

it was a joke

Darn - 08/23/06 02:50 AM

I thought you were going to debate the next new Fruit Loops color!

Re: Darn - 08/23/06 02:50 AM

yuck

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:51 AM

what is a pres?

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:51 AM

...short for "president", I'm guessing...

I guess she wants a "reading" - 08/23/06 02:53 AM

then....katie is your crystal ball turned on???

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:53 AM

Well Hypo for sure! She will end all the wars and solve world peace.

It's only a joke - 08/23/06 02:54 AM

if the audience laughs....no go.

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:54 AM

bush couldn't have screwed this country up any more then he already has

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:55 AM

atleast he didnt get his max. term

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:57 AM

Huh?

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:58 AM

really????? Let us say for example, Bush pulls the plug on welfare?

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:58 AM

bush will be in office a total of 8 yrs. not the maximum time

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 02:59 AM

wouldnt bother me too much

Re: heres one - 08/23/06 03:03 AM

what is the max time?????????

WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:03 AM

but you've outdone yourself.

Home > Nation & World > U.S. News Printer-friendly versionE-mail this story
U.S. News
22: Presidential term limits

Wednesday, November 27, 2002

22ND AMENDMENT (1951)

George Washington could have been elected to a third term, but declined it, suggesting two terms of four years were enough for any president. In 1797, he quietly returned to Mount Vernon. His two-term example became an unwritten rule in the realm of presidential politics until 1940. That was when Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who steered the nation through the Great Depression of the 1930s, decided he wanted to run again. Newspapers railed against the breach of tradition. His Republican opponent, Wendell Willkie forced the incumbent to run a hard campaign, which Roosevelt won. He then went after, and received, a fourth term in office, explaining that he could not leave the helm at a time he was guiding a nation through the Second World War.

Just months into his fourth term, Roosevelt died and, with him, the idea of unlimited terms for presidents. An amendment, promoted heavily by the Republican party and by others nervous at the idea of a permanent presidency, was passed in 1947. It was ratified by the states four years later. The amendment limits a president to two four-year terms. Today, in the city over which Roosevelt presided for 13 years, youngsters such as Nordina Blackburn, 6, of Norcross, Ga., can visit the monument to the first -- and last -- president to serve more than two terms.

Amendment XXII:

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

In other words....8 years is the maximum an individual may serve as president.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:05 AM

its 10 yrs

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:09 AM

well, the nation has voted, and yes I am happy to announce the winner of The Next American Idiot (drum roll) It is...(drum roll) Hypo!!!!! Balloons falling from the sky. I have the name of the 1st runner up....(drum roll) it is (drum roll) quiet in the audience please, it is Mr. Econ Internet Teacher

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:10 AM

Hypo are you truly an idiot???? My 3rd graders know the answer is 8 and not 10 years.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:11 AM

it says it right in the amendment more then 2yrs. but if its exactly two years they still can have two of their own terms which is ten years not eight

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:12 AM

you teach third grade? you must love kids

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:14 AM

What President has ever been ELECTED for more than 2 terms? It has never happened!!!!

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:15 AM

none but it could happen. its a useless fact

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:18 AM

A president can only gain the two extra years if there was a death and they happened to be the vice president at the time AND if they were elected into office after the pervious term expired. Therefore, he did get the "Max" under the terms of the U.S. Constit.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:19 AM

I am suprised that you were not familiar with that useless fact, considering you are going to law school. Did you graduate high school?

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:22 AM

the ten year thing is a useless fact.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:23 AM

yes and since your a teacher im sure that you agree with me that music is good for kids to learn

Re: How about the brain? - 08/23/06 03:25 AM

You're about as bright as a burned out lightbulb hon.

you aint to bright vs. - 08/23/06 03:28 AM

You aren't too bright.

Oh yeah, you spell juuuuuuuuuuuuust dandy! NOT!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/23/06 03:28 AM

im still better off then you.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:28 AM

Music is very important. What music genre do you teach? I am sure that you have read all the studies on music and education, so I will not rehash that. What type of music would you suggest as an anticipatory set for a lesson?

No, you numnuts! - 08/23/06 03:29 AM

It means....if someone became President DURING another's term, then that person could not be elected more than once...in other words, they ASSUMED the Presidency the first time, so they are only eligible to run for a second term of 4 years...so they don't even get the full 8!!!!

Re: you aint to bright vs. - 08/23/06 03:29 AM

i can spell fine when i feel like it

Yes, it's a useless fact - 08/23/06 03:30 AM

because it doesn't exist....there is NO ten year thing.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:31 AM

classicali help the neighbor's daughter with her fingerings

It should be "than" - 08/23/06 03:31 AM

as in "You are more stupid THAN dirt"...not 'then'

Now that's just nasty - 08/23/06 03:31 AM

stop fingering the neighbor's daughter!

Re: Yes, it's a useless fact - 08/23/06 03:31 AM

Good! I almost tried to make some sense of the 10 year rule!

Re: No, you numnuts! - 08/23/06 03:32 AM

that is only if the term they take over is more then 2 yrs. if its 2 years or under they still get two full terms

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:32 AM

no honey, I was speaking of music and education.

Katie's been reading - 08/23/06 03:32 AM

her Madeline Hunter again!!!

Re: Now that's just nasty - 08/23/06 03:32 AM

that's disgusting

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:33 AM

i would still stay classical

Re: No, you numnuts! - 08/23/06 03:34 AM

lol lol, then that would not be 10 years. Basic math. If it is under 2 years, and they get elected for 8 more, that does not equal 10 years.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:34 AM

You're even dummer than I initially thought.

>>>>>it says it right in the amendment more then 2yrs. but if its exactly two years they still can have two of their own terms which is ten years not eight<<<<<

>>>>>bush will be in office a total of 8 yrs. not the maximum time<<<<<

That IS the maximum time, UNLESS.....

>>>>>no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once<<<<<

Bush was NOT acting as the President for a term to which some other person was elected. THEREFORE, HIS maximum time was EIGHT years. Moron.

Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 03:36 AM

She didn't make it past 1st grade?

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:36 AM

you can't read between the lines. it says more then two years meaning if its exactly two years they can have two more full terms which is ten years total

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:37 AM

Hypo what was the fall of the Clinton years and why was he the first President of modern time to be Impeached as President of the United States!

Re: How about the brain? - 08/23/06 03:37 AM

[quote]im still better off then you. [/quote]

Comments like this are unfounded, immature, and make it difficult to have any respect for you or what you post. You sound as though you are a teenager in high school.

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 03:37 AM

i made it to college

you said it - 08/23/06 03:37 AM

perhaps if you were watching your spelling and grammar, it wouldn't have come off so nasty...but then again, you say spelling and grammar doesn't matter....perhaps it really does!!

yes, well - 08/23/06 03:39 AM

we've never determine exactly WHICH college you're attending, if you call sitting on your ass at home attending college. But I digress....Is it the South Harmon Institute of Technology...lovingly known as S.H.I.T.????

They don't charge it on foodstamps (eom) - 08/23/06 03:39 AM

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:39 AM

because he lied about monica lewinsky? the republicans were angry because he cheated on his wife.he was impeached but never kicked out of office. im pretty sure he wasn't the first president to cheat on his wife

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:40 AM

That would be one unlucky president to die on 9:03am to beat the 9:04 time, on the 23 month and 365th day of swearing into office.

YOU don't pay anything... - 08/23/06 03:40 AM

because YOU don't EARN anything. WE are paying your sales tax with the taxes WE pay that WE earn.

Yeah, with OUR money... - 08/23/06 03:41 AM

Pay it with your own damned money.

Re: YOU don't pay anything... - 08/23/06 03:41 AM

i get paid to tutor

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:42 AM

yea it would

Isn't that pathetic, AH? - 08/23/06 03:42 AM

I mean...how dumb does your kid have to be to have Hypno as the tutor?

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:42 AM

Why was he impeached???? Not lying about Monica L. There was much more to it. Kenneth Star ring a bell?

Re: EVERYONE does NOT pay taxes... - 08/23/06 03:42 AM

>>>>>hey stupid i get money other ways also. so yea i do pay sales tax. oh by the way i know im smarter then you in everything except for grammar <<<<<

Anyone else get the visual of a small child with their tongue stuck out and stamping their feet?

Nah...I get the image of - 08/23/06 03:43 AM

a very sad village....because their idiot done up and left 'em for college.

Re: YOU don't pay anything... - 08/23/06 03:43 AM

i love what i do. you must hate your life to be so bitter

Re: YOU don't pay anything... - 08/23/06 03:44 AM

WHAT DO YOU DO???????

Huh????? - 08/23/06 03:44 AM

6% of $100 is the same as 6% of 1,000? Explain your math.

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:45 AM

That was the main reason in my opinion

Re: Huh????? - 08/23/06 03:46 AM

the percent is the same not the actual dollar amount

she doesn't DO anything - 08/23/06 03:46 AM

but waste oxygen.

Dragging her matress down the street... - 08/23/06 03:46 AM

yelling "Curb service!"??

Re: YOU don't pay anything... - 08/23/06 03:46 AM

i tutor

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:47 AM

I am not intrested in your opinion. I am only intrested in facts. You said that you could run circles around me on any topic. Me 4, You zero. Pick one that you have an intrest in.

oh so we're back to the sales tax issue? - 08/23/06 03:47 AM

Explain how the rate is the same, when California is 8.25% in most counties....and you claim that there's no sales tax in your area....lets see 0% does not equal 8.25%, does it????

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:48 AM

cars

Re: oh so we're back to the sales tax issue? - 08/23/06 03:49 AM

i said there is no tax on clothes our sales tax is six percent. tx and ca have the same sales tax

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:49 AM

ok lets talk cars and their political relavence

Oh no...katie... - 08/23/06 03:50 AM

do you think you're up to the challenge??? The gauntlet has been thrown! CARS....what a topic!

Re: Oh no...katie... - 08/23/06 03:51 AM

I need to go get my overalls on!

Re: Oh no...katie... - 08/23/06 03:51 AM

more like transmissions

8 = 6 ???? - 08/23/06 03:51 AM

Sorry, in my Math class, you'd fail. So what are you charged sales tax on? And again...it isn't a state-wide tax in CA...it's by county. My county is 8.25%...which is definitely not equal to 6%. Just in case you couldn't do the math...8.25 is HIGHER than 6.

Yup... - 08/23/06 03:51 AM

You live on welfare and can't speak English worth a shite...you're wayyyyyyyy better off than I am. ;)

You mean you ever had respect for her? (eom) - 08/23/06 03:52 AM

Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 03:52 AM

"should a car have one? or not?" That is the issue. Point or counterpoint?

HEY!... - 08/23/06 03:53 AM

Numbnuts is MY term. Get your own. :P

Re: Yup... - 08/23/06 03:53 AM

im not bitter like you are

Re: Oh no...katie... - 08/23/06 03:53 AM

transmissions? What does that have to do with the world? Ok I just got yesterday, thank you hubby, a new 2007 BMW 540i sports pagage ( ice blue, if it matters.) Compare your car to mine. I am assuming your has 4 wheels.

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 03:54 AM

what is the best transmission

Re: Oh no...katie... - 08/23/06 03:54 AM

is it a stick

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 03:56 AM

Automatic with high point manual overdrive

No....hers is up on blocks in the yard - 08/23/06 03:57 AM

nm

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 03:57 AM

should of went for the stick if it comes in one

Re: WOW....and I thought you were stupid before - 08/23/06 03:57 AM

You can't read THE lines. YOU said "atleast he didnt get his max. term". EIGHT years IS HIS max term, since he was not serving the rest of a term for another President. HIS max term was EIGHT...NOT ten. ANOTHER President, one who took over as acting President when the President could no longer continue, COULD have a ten year term, but NOT Bush. Yet YOU said he didn't get HIS max term. HE DID!

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 03:57 AM

You made it 'to' college, not 'through' college (yet)...lots of folks on this board already have a college degree...so how does that make you better off?

I'm not part of your debate - 08/23/06 03:58 AM

I'm the announcer....Point to katie....she made a challenge and you responded with a question....you lose that round.

Re: You mean you ever had respect for her? (eom) - 08/23/06 03:58 AM

LOL - uh...nope...I was trying to be polite.

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 03:59 AM

im not old and bitter like she is

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 03:59 AM

Any idiot can sign up for an online course and claim they're in college.

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 03:59 AM

I will be sure to contact BMW and let them know that the design team should be fired.

That should be - 08/23/06 03:59 AM

'should HAVE gone for the stick'

and sorry, but you lost another round. You gave an opinion without substantiating evidence. Two points for katie.

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:01 AM

it shouldn't be a sports package if its automatic

Re: That should be - 08/23/06 04:01 AM

I win that topic! Me 5, Hypo zero

Bzzzzzzzzzt. Try again (eom) - 08/23/06 04:01 AM

Re: Bzzzzzzzzzt. Try again (eom) - 08/23/06 04:02 AM

bitterness is bad for your soul

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:03 AM

Hypo if that is true, and BMW sold my husband a 60,000 car as an automatic with a sports package, and you say the car does not exist, heads are going to roll!!!!! Wait, you have no idea what you are talking about

Re: That should be - 08/23/06 04:03 AM

automatic is such a rip off even cvt

I'm sorry hypno - 08/23/06 04:04 AM

but I realize that your current path in life is probably not headed down the luxury car road....but many luxury car drivers enjoy the effortless ease of maneuvering their car without having to shift. So....BMW makes the sports package available with both manual and automatic transmissions. Perhaps some day you'll be able to see one up close and personal when you're washing windshields for a quarter on some corner. Oh, but then you'd be earning a living, so perhaps not.

Again.....unsubstantiated opinion.... - 08/23/06 04:04 AM

not fact....you lose again.

Re: That should be - 08/23/06 04:04 AM

I need the automatic so I can pour my drinks while I am on the road!

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:05 AM

[quote]im not old and bitter like she is [/quote]

Can you please tell me how you know these people and have such insight into their minds and ways and thoughts? Unfortunately, you seem to bring out the worst in people - although I can't say that I blame any of us in how we've responded to your posts. We're normally all pretty nice people...until rats get into the room!

It's sad that you bring nothing of benefit to this group of people.

You want to know something rather sad? I actually posted something that was very painful for me last night on this board. It was about my DH's situation and how hard it is for us right now regarding the visitation problem we're having. But I ended up deleting it before anyone could post to it, because I didn't want to hear any of your ill-informed negativity or answer any of your immature questions...I'm sure you'd have something ridiculous to say about it, and I really feel fragile enough right now that I'm not willing to take that risk...sad, isn't it? I can't even use this board for its intended use because of YOU!

So, at least in my case, I'm having to be careful what I post about myself and my situation, because I really don't want to have you add to the difficulties I'm already having with my divorce-related situation by your behavior.

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:05 AM

actually i do sports package is a joke. its supposed to have similarities to a sports car. real sports cars are not automatic

What are you talking about mussersmom? - 08/23/06 04:06 AM

She's brought plenty of benefits....she's given me soooo much pleasure....tonight and all the other nights. I've been able to hone my skills and sharpen my claws.

ROFL! (eom) - 08/23/06 04:06 AM

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:07 AM

im only mean if you are mean first i dont just start insulting people for no reason

Oh katie...your car isn't real - 08/23/06 04:07 AM

so be careful tomorrow when you drive it on the real highway to your real job.

Re: What are you talking about mussersmom? - 08/23/06 04:08 AM

Well then, I stand corrected...I guess I was going just a little deeper in hopes that something in her brain might shake a little loose...lol

And with that, I shall go get my nail file and begin sharpening my own claws...

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:08 AM

I did not say that it was a sports car! I clearly said sport package, which includes a high proformance transmission, suspension ect... ect.... ect.....

Bitter? - 08/23/06 04:08 AM

Why should I be bitter? I mean, my husband works from 9 am til 7 pm so you can sit on your ass all day and play on the computer. Me? I get to raise my son. My days are generally spent going to the park, shopping, and visiting family. I LOVE my life. ;)

Re: Bitter? - 08/23/06 04:09 AM

then why so angry?

IE... - 08/23/06 04:09 AM

Since you don't (CAN'T) spend the kind of money Katie spends, then you DON'T pay the same sales tax she does.

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:11 AM

[quote]im only mean if you are mean first i dont just start insulting people for no reason [/quote]

Really? Shall I start quoting posts where you've called people 'bitter', 'angry', 'stupid', etc., first!

Not bitter at all... - 08/23/06 04:11 AM

Well...except for knowing my family pays for your sorry ass.

yeah...the sales tax on the Beemer alone - 08/23/06 04:12 AM

would feed a small town. LOL

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:12 AM

a sports package is what people buy when they want a car that looks like a sports car. stick is better moneywise if you drive it properly

Re: yeah...the sales tax on the Beemer alone - 08/23/06 04:13 AM

what about the luxory tax that was added on top?

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:13 AM

go ahead and try

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:14 AM

My dear, you are TOTALLY not worth that kind of time...

Re: Katie....it's transmissions - 08/23/06 04:14 AM

who cares about money? You don't. My husband actually has a job, as I do too.

B.S.! - 08/23/06 04:14 AM

You insulted every poor uneducated person in America when you first came here pretending to be stupid ya damn troll.

Re: Not bitter at all... - 08/23/06 04:15 AM

your a sorry ass. if you don't work you have no reason to insult me for not working

You're bad for Americans (eom) - 08/23/06 04:15 AM

Re: Not bitter at all... - 08/23/06 04:16 AM

Almostheaven is not sucking the system.

again...unsubstantiated opinion - 08/23/06 04:16 AM

if SHE wants the sports package, then how can it NOT be better for HER?

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:16 AM

i feel bad for you since your having a hard time and all personally i hope your ok

forgot about that - 08/23/06 04:16 AM

how do they calculate it?

Re: again...unsubstantiated opinion - 08/23/06 04:17 AM

its a ripoff.

Where did she say she didn't work? - 08/23/06 04:17 AM

wrong again, hypno.

Re: Not bitter at all... - 08/23/06 04:18 AM

everyone sucks the system one way or another

how so? - 08/23/06 04:18 AM

and you're still giving opinions that are not based in fact. If she likes it, then it isn't a rip off.

Oh man!... - 08/23/06 04:18 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if my brother would have time from his busy schedule to help out tomorrow...since he was part owner of an Aamcco. LOL

But no one sucks - 08/23/06 04:19 AM

as much as you do.

Re: Where did she say she didn't work? - 08/23/06 04:19 AM

she said she raises her son and lives off her husband

Re: again...unsubstantiated opinion - 08/23/06 04:19 AM

She needs to learn the second grade content standard: The difference between fact and opinion. ie. purple is the best color in the world= opinion. Elvis will not crawl into bed with me tonight = fact (hopefully)

but is she living off the public? - 08/23/06 04:20 AM

no. You lose again.

Re: again...unsubstantiated opinion - 08/23/06 04:21 AM

most women don't know too much about cars how much horsepower and torque does your car have?

Re: Where did she say she didn't work? - 08/23/06 04:21 AM

She NEVER said she lives off her husband. That is gross. You are implying that she eats him or something.

Ah, but will Elvis be wearing - 08/23/06 04:21 AM

the purple outfit when he crawls into your bed?

hypno...the car debate is over....you lost - 08/23/06 04:22 AM

didn't you get the memo? Katie already took the trophy home!

Re: hypno...the car debate is over....you lost - 08/23/06 04:26 AM

thats something most women can't debate on anyway

Sure I do... - 08/23/06 04:26 AM

Hon, I've worked from age 16 to age 39. I work now FOR MY HUSBAND. I do his laundry, clean his house, take care of his child, run his errands, and he pays me to do this.

So see, while I was out buying us both new cellphones today and entering all his contacts into his, he was out collecting our paychecks. ;)

Re: again...unsubstantiated opinion - 08/23/06 04:26 AM

My car has 245 Hp and 300 lbs of torque and my husbands Excursions has 400 HP on the rear wheels and 800 lbs of torque. What was it again that you drive?

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:27 AM

[quote]i feel bad for you since your having a hard time and all personally i hope your ok [/quote]

You feel bad for me? You insult me, and now you feel bad for me?

I do wish you'd make up your mind...

A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:27 AM

made by a stupid person.

Re: Sure I do... - 08/23/06 04:27 AM

hope not verizon

ROFLMFAO! - 08/23/06 04:27 AM

I dunno, but sounds like something my husband might be into. LOL

Re: Didn't we already decide... - 08/23/06 04:28 AM

when did i insult you?

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:29 AM

i didnt say all most women aren't into cars thats why a lot of women who go to car dealerships get screwed over

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:31 AM

what is your hot rod?

Big things, katie.... - 08/23/06 04:33 AM

she likes to ride big things....remember? Perhaps a John Deere? or perhaps John Deere.

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:33 AM

Shall we pick yet another topic?

Re: Bitter? - 08/23/06 04:33 AM

You're mistaking hysterical laughter for anger. But since I'm writing it in English and you don't understand English, you're excused for your misunderstanding.

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:33 AM

cts v series

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:34 AM

gotta have my standard shift

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:34 AM

sure y not

another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:36 AM

courtesy of our tax dollars. Doesn't it warm the cockles of all of our hearts to know that the welfare recipients can afford to drive Cadillac CTS V Series?

Re: A stupid generalization and stereotype - 08/23/06 04:36 AM

what's your poison tonight? I am 6/6 you are 0/6

PS..... - 08/23/06 04:37 AM

it's sooooo passé to drive American. (look it up)

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:37 AM

Melody, in my area that car looks like it belongs in a Jamie Foxx movie

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:37 AM

it was a gift from grandfather

Re: PS..... - 08/23/06 04:38 AM

i hate american cars to but it was free

Damn... - 08/23/06 04:39 AM

Let's not get into a discussion about big things again.

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:39 AM

I didn't know that a Caddie had a stick shift? Let me call my husband!

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:40 AM

the v series does six speed

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:41 AM

wow, you go girl! That was the cheaper option.

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:42 AM

thank you i hate automatic with a passion

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:44 AM

I hate automatic too! I feel your pain. Fortunatly, I have a husband and can get the real thing!

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:44 AM

good for you being married and making it work. im not marriage material

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:46 AM

No kidding???

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:47 AM

hell no i've seen the statistics and i take no [censored] from men you screw up once and out the door you go

Re: another wonderful expenditure made *DELETED* - 08/23/06 04:48 AM

Post deleted by katiefedup

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:50 AM

im very bitter towards men if you went through what i did you would probable be bitter to

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 04:51 AM

Oh honey, I have been through it all. Let's not exchange war stories!

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 11:11 AM

Little late on some of this stuff but President Ford was the only President in recent history that could have been President 10 years. He took over part of one term, was elected to another term and lost the election for his second term, which would have given him 10 years as the President but only two elected terms.

However, under normal circumstances, the term of President is two terms - which is 8 years.

Re: another wonderful expenditure made - 08/23/06 11:12 AM

Most likely your bitterness toward men were decisions that YOU made and then when it didn't turn out the way you wanted, it is the other person's fault.

Re: One other thing... - 08/23/06 12:26 PM

Clinton was impeached because he lied to the Grand Jury. Yes, what he lied about was his affair with Monica but he was impreached because he LIED, not because of his affair. The President of the US is supposed to uphold the laws of the US and by lying to the Grand Jury, he didn't do that and was impeached.

Personally, I think Congress failed the entire nation when they didn't boot his lying a$$ out of the Presidency.

Looking back at history, if they would have booted him out, Gore would have become President for that term and "maybe" would have won the next election.

But, things didn't work that way and I'm sure glad Gore lost!!!

Truer words were never spoken! (eom) - 08/23/06 12:37 PM

Posted by: LinusluvsSally

Re: I don't, but only because... - 08/24/06 06:18 PM

I have paid $136,000 in child support (so far) and another $68,000 in alimony since 2001 and for the last 3 years I've had a 50/50 arrangement for my 2 kids.

The ex is moving in with her boyfriend next week so I'm done with that and last year she agreed to a phase out of CS ending completely in 2007.

I love my lawyer (didn't have one when I got divorced, though--my hatred of laywers has subsided since then).

I'm going to take my family to Hawaii next year to celebrate.