can someone explain this?

Posted by: katiefedup

can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 02:05 AM

Ex had a "HEARING RE SENTENCING ON CONTEMPT" yesterday. This happens about every 70 days. In July he was found guilty and pled guilty to 14 counts of contempt. Everytime he goes for the sentencing hearing he produces a money order for 700.00 and they say thank you and let him go. Anyway, since he started paying in July he has missed 2 months and has not paid one penny ($50) ordered on the arrears monthly. How come they just let him go? Today they said that the court will review his progress in the future but no date was set. Why? Why? Why? Out of the 8 months since he started paying he has already missed 2 months. errrrrrr
Posted by: Dee78

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 02:59 AM

That is frustrating. I guess they figure something is better than nothing.
Posted by: agui667

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:01 AM

BTDT
Posted by: googledad

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:23 AM

CA has some really lame enforcement techniques . Are his wages garnished ? No driver's liscense suspension ? The one and only time I filed contempt on my ex the judge offered her a 6 month free vacation at the cinderblock hotel .

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:28 AM

He works under the table and they have already taken his DL, about 4 years ago. I don't understand why they haven't filed more contempt charges. In the end he is the winner!

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:40 AM

Did you read the state statutes on civil contempt for failure to pay CS ? Does he own any property ?

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:43 AM

Have you tried any of the private CS collection agencies ? It might not be much comfort to you now but eventually he will pay if he wants some semblence of a normal life .

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 04:51 AM

he thinks this is normal life! oh well something is better than nothing. I just can't stand the fact if I don't pay a parking ticket, I could be without a job~

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:00 AM

You might think it odd after dealing with him , but there is nothing wrong with having standards of behavior for your own life . He's still exerting control over you with his failure to live up to his responsibilies . If you obsess on this stuff it will drive you nuts so try to enjoy the good ( the kids ) and ignore the bad ( him ) .

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:02 AM

I know, but it is hard to ingnore 200,000 dollars

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:05 AM

That would be hard to ignore . How about considering it a FUTURE winning lottery ticket ? Damn , gasp , are we actually having a civil discussion ?

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:11 AM

lol

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:22 AM

In California, it is illegal to trip horses for entertainment

Nihil est--In vita priore ego imperator romanus fui - That's nothing--in a previous life I was a Roman Emperor
Posted by: tsl

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 01:30 PM

See if they'll bring him in once a month! Then you'll get a check monthly!!!!

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 03:59 PM

except he only goes to court every 2 or 3 months
Posted by: almostheaven

Re: can someone explain this? - 03/02/07 05:51 PM

You need to be there and point it out to the court. Do they even know? They only know what they see. He's producing a money order, so they see he's paying.

Yes, you are... - 03/02/07 05:53 PM

And you didn't even cut and paste anything.

:P

Couldn't resist.

Now speak some more Latin baby!

Re: Yes, you are... - 03/02/07 06:43 PM

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis

Re: Yes, you are... - 03/02/07 11:33 PM

Make mine butter pecan.