I need advice PLEASE!

Posted by: Aveeda

I need advice PLEASE! - 03/02/11 08:18 PM

I have been married for 28 years, have 2 sons and 6 grandchildren. We own our own home and while I have worked most of our married life it has been very little in these later years as I have suffered with Lyme disease for 20 years and have worked mainly from our home. My income last year was $3000.00. My husband clears over $100,000.00 a year. He has just told me that he is going to get a divorce. We do not fight but he works on a pipeline and has had to be away from home for the past two years. I guess I should have had a clue of some sort but stupid me...I was shocked when he told me. I dont know what to expect and what to do from here. I do not have an attorney and do not have money for one unless I paid for it with our checking account. He wants me to agree to an amiable settlement which his lawyer would draw up. I am 58 years old and pysically unable to work a regular job and I dont know how I will be able to stay in our family home. I have not been unfaithful or done anything to deserve to be divorced. Can anyone help with any kind of advice of what to do next?
Posted by: DedicatedDad

Re: I need advice PLEASE! - 03/03/11 10:55 PM

Once you have the settlement, get an appointment with an attorney who will tell you if it's fair or not.