Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#104360 - 04/27/06 08:56 PM What can be done here?
Jodi Offline
recently joined

Registered: 04/27/06
Posts: 6
I am helping a friend of mine with some research. Her new dh was married prior and has a daughter. His ex wife left him and took their daughter with her. He has not seen his daughter since she was 2 years old. He has tried in the past to find his ex wife so that he can see his daughter. When he did find her she refused to allow him to see her.

Now his daughter is 9 years old and his ex wife came to him asking him to give up his parental rights so that her new dh can adopt his daughter. He does not want this and does want to see his daughter and to be apart of her life. Money is tight so affording a lawyer is a hard go right now. What steps should he take?

edited to add that I just found out that the two were never married. The dad has the birth certificate for his daughter though, he is the father. :)

#104361 - 05/02/06 08:37 PM Re: What can be done here? [Re: Jodi]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 06/02/04
Posts: 20602
Loc: Third rock from the sun
Since he knows where she is, he needs to file in the courts immeadiately for violations of parenting time. I would also recommend that he file an emergency petition for a restraining order prohibiting her from removing (relocating) the child from the jurisdiction of the court.
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: