Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#1043 - 07/27/04 08:14 PM child support enforcement....the wrong end
Mike Offline
recently joined

Registered: 07/27/04
Posts: 1
I just received a court order to garnish my disability retirement check for child support. It leaves me with less than my rent costs. Now what do I do? I'll be homeless in another month at this rate.

Mike in Los Angeles

#1044 - 07/27/04 09:04 PM File an order to show cause [Re: Mike]
Melody Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 06/03/04
Posts: 10102
Loc: California
to request a reduction of child support based upon your income. Is this a recent retirement? That would be a significant change of circumstances which should allow your support to be reduced. Do it quickly, because it would only be retroactive to the date of filing.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: