Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#10971 - 03/22/05 05:21 PM Do it Yourselfer in Maricopa County
AZRN Offline

I just recently filed for divorce in Maricopa county and am waiting to see if my ex will be contentious (and stupid) and file a response instead of letting it go to default. He once said he thought he should respond, but that was before he knew it would cost HIM money to do so. Maybe now he'll just let it go. I so wanted to tell him about how it's done, as we agreed to do things amicably, but when he brought his girlfriend to our meeting I said it was tacky. He then became verbally abusive, which ended our meeting before it could begin.

Anyway, I will let you know how things go...if anyone is interested in AZ divorce proceedings.

#10972 - 03/31/05 08:52 PM Re: Do it Yourselfer in Maricopa County [Re: AZRN]
AZRN Offline

Some info about the "Application and Affadavit for Default," 24 days after Petition was served:

The instructions say you need to go to a Notary Public to have the form notarized before filing. However, you can have it notarized at the same courthouse where you're going to file it, for the same $5 fee. Saves time.

#10973 - 03/31/05 08:55 PM Re: Do it Yourselfer in Maricopa County [Re: AZRN]
AZRN Offline

Oh yeah, something else: I just discovered a section of the AZ Superior Court site online that allows you to fill-out all the forms interactively. Makes it a lot easier! Here's the link:
http://ecourt.maricopa.gov/index.asp
Too bad I discovered this AFTER filing my own divorce! ')

#10974 - 04/03/05 05:22 PM Re: Do it Yourselfer in Maricopa County [Re: AZRN]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
It's an interesting program, but flawed. Once you are in the "preview" stage, you can only "edit" current information...you can't "add/delete" anything. That means it's a "one-shot" deal and you better have all you information entered correctly the first time.

#10975 - 04/04/05 08:39 AM Re: Do it Yourselfer in Maricopa County [Re: Gecko]
AZRN Offline

Yeah, I noticed that. I figured you could just start over, but that would be kind of a pain...For a super-simple DV, it may suffice.

#10976 - 06/02/05 07:08 AM Udpate to e-Court petitions [Re: Gecko]
AZRN Offline

Well, they either changed the problem of not being able to add/delete items, or Gecko & I didn't go far enough with it to see that you can in fact do those things. I have been tinkering with a petition and related decree for a friend and have gone in and made ALL sorts of changes, additions, deletions. So, this turns out to be a very useful tool after all.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I did it with the more typical, individual forms & instructions, as my understanding of the process is now pretty broad.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: