Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#113248 - 06/03/06 06:08 AM Can daughter in AZ safely visit in ca 1 month
sharon12 Offline
recently joined

My daughter lives in Az, no income, lives of inheritance, mney is running out, no family support, children are 5 and 3months. divorce filed but still waiting for judgement. Can she legally visit in ca 1 month at a time. Can she apply for a hardship to move to california. Father will give her 100.00 or 200.00 a month. nothing to live on. She keeps trying to contact her lawyer to get answers but nothing. she may lose her apartment soon. i am afraid if she loses her apartment kids could get taken away. what can she do??? The welfare system over there is nothing that can pay rent. HELP!!!!

#113249 - 06/05/06 09:13 PM Re: Can daughter in AZ safely visit in ca 1 month [Re: sharon12]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
Can she legally visit in ca 1 month at a time.

---> What good would that do her?

Can she apply for a hardship to move to california.

---> There is nothing to stop HER from moving to California, HOWEVER, she can't take the kids with unless she has written permission from the father or from the courts. And it is doubtful, that the courts would grant her a request to relocate the children.

Father will give her 100.00 or 200.00 a month. nothing to live on.

---> Well...unless so ordered by the courts, father NO longer has to support HER, so she needs to get a job. You say he is giving her money, is this his court-ordered child support? Are you absolutely certain about the amount of money?

#113250 - 06/06/06 01:39 AM Re: Can daughter in AZ safely visit in ca 1 month [Re: sharon12]
hippie1981 Offline
veteran

Loc: Wisconsin
I can't imagine getting a hardship to move out of Arizona. I have friends who live there and according to them there are tons of jobs and most start off around $10-$12/hour. Your daughter should go get a job. PP was right, by the way, she can leave AZ, but she can't take the kids. It might even state that in her petition for divorce that she's not allowed to take the kids out of state.

#113251 - 09/27/06 11:10 PM Re: Can daughter in AZ safely visit in ca 1 month [Re: hippie1981]
jddbug Offline
recently joined

How could you speak for all of az. i live in a rural community and we seriously have a job shortage. The only jobs are in phoenix and the citys. If she doesn't have a court order stateing she can't go out of state then why not. My ex was the same way no help while seperated and i lost my business when he left because he took everything then the cost of childcare in az is outrageous and finding someone dependable is nearly impossible. Look in the az statutes it has a section about relocating children and the laws. it is under article 25 i don't know which chapter. just look down the list. If she has no family and no way to support herself i believe it says she has the right to relocate.

#113252 - 10/02/06 03:58 AM Re: Can daughter in AZ safely visit in ca 1 month [Re: jddbug]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
If she has no family and no way to support herself i believe it says she has the right to relocate.

---> Nobody is saying SHE can't move, but chances are, she will NOT be able to take the child if the father objects.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: