Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#115039 - 06/11/06 09:13 PM This is bugging me
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I've been stewing about it for the past few days now. Ok, as you know DH took SD to see chiro on Tuesday. He told Chiro that he would bring her back on Thursday because he has to pick up the paperwork he requested from his office staff (billing info/statements, etc). He was told by them that they would have it ready for him on Thursday. Ok, so he goes back on Thursday with SD. The office staff tells him that they don't have it ready for him yet. DH didn't want to make a scene with the kids there, but he did ask them why it wasn't ready when they specifically told him he could pick it up that day. They were like, "Sorry, computers were down". DH left it at that, but we think it's an obvious lie. So now he has to wait until next week...call them and remind them to get the info ready for him to pick up or to mail it to us.

Doesn't that smell fishy to anyone else? When he told them that he would be canceling the other 4 appts, the office staff looked shocked and panicky. Like they were gonna hear it from BM? Ugh. Chiro acted like it was no big deal and even encouraged it...could be he didn't want to have to deal with DH though. Oh, and he refused to write any kind of letter for us stating that it's ok for SD to scale back on the appts since she has "improved" a great deal. A month ago, she wasn't improved but now she is. I knew he wouldn't write the letter because BM and her husband and dog see him too.

#115040 - 06/11/06 09:40 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: M5M5]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
The doctor's office can make excuses until the cows come home, but they will have to give you the records. I'd ask to see the records to make sure that the insurance info was up to date and then walk to Kinko's and make copies myself.

#115041 - 06/11/06 09:58 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: Miranda]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well I just hope that they are not going to fudge the records to reflect what BM has down. She seems to be really close with the whole office staff and Chiro. I could be totally off base, but you just have to wonder with the way they are dragging their feet.

#115042 - 06/11/06 10:00 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: M5M5]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

There are ethcial consequences to fudging someone's medical records. I am sure he is not will to risk his practice for BM.

#115043 - 06/11/06 10:04 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: Miranda]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well I hope not. I just have this funny feeling about this. I guess we will find out tomorrow when DH calls them. I think he intends to pick them up on Tuesday after the second opinion with the orthodontist.

#115044 - 06/11/06 10:27 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: M5M5]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
If they're not ready Tuesday, have him go armed with a copy of the FERPA law, highlighting the specific sections granting him legal access to the records.

#115045 - 06/12/06 04:43 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: M5M5]
etindall8 Offline
enthusiast

SD's dentist is doing the same thing to DH. He requested her records a LONG time ago and they have yet to send them. Of course, they are 4 states away, so we can't march in there and ask for the records. Instead DH is calling them every week. We figured they will eventually get tired of him calling and mail the stupid records. They're DENTAL records. We got SD's school and psychological records in no time. <sigh>

#115046 - 06/12/06 09:44 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: etindall8]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
As I stated to M5M5, forward them a copy of FERPA. Try modifying this letter, and add in that you have repeatedly corrected these documents and that they are in violence of the enclosed FERPA laws. http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/medrecords.php

#115047 - 06/12/06 09:48 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: almostheaven]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Holy crap..they are in violence? Violent doctors having violent records...whew I am glad I self medicate.

#115048 - 06/12/06 09:49 PM Re: This is bugging me [Re: Miranda]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Down home.
I likin it to a good old-fashioned book burning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: