Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#12482 - 05/03/05 02:43 AM What can she do?
4mycousin Offline
recently joined

Registered: 04/30/05
Posts: 2
Loc: California
My cousin lives in California; she's not married to her baby's father and she is 19 years old and her baby is a month and a half. She wants to move to where I live with her baby. She gave her boyfriend the option of moving with her but he doesn't want to. He told her that if she moves with the baby, he'll try to get custody of her. I personally think he's trying to scare her and won't do a thing because he doesn't really think she'll leave. I understand that this is a divorce site, but I was hoping to get some advice anyway. What can he do legally? Can she leave the state without there being anylegal repercussions?

#12483 - 05/05/05 09:36 PM Re: What can she do? [Re: 4mycousin]
Diane67 Offline

Registered: 08/14/04
Posts: 341
Loc: California
Is he paying child support? Is there court ordered visitation? Has a paternity test been done? Probably needs to seek some legal counsel before just taking off.


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: