Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#128952 - 07/31/06 02:21 AM Parenting Time Guidelines Question
nurseratchet Offline
recently joined

My ex and I have a disagreement about the guidelines and I am wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. The guidelines state that each parent will have half the summer. My ex says that during the first two weeks of the summer time that the other parent does not have visitation rights. It's only after the first two weeks not during them. Also my ex says that the parent that has the child is not allowed to work while the child is with them during their summer time.....am I nuts? This just doesn't make sense. Comments please. Thanks

#128953 - 10/31/06 03:18 AM Re: Parenting Time Guidelines Question [Re: nurseratchet]
Errancy Offline
recently joined

I do not believe he is right. If the parent that has the child has them over a 2 week time frame, then the other parent gets the right to exercise the visitation (one day a week and every other weekend). The parent is allowed to work. The court system knows that the parent has to work to make a living.

#128954 - 12/09/06 02:45 PM Re: Parenting Time Guidelines Question [Re: Errancy]
jacki Offline
recently joined

Also with the summer break you don't have to have it in two week intervals. You can split the summer weekly or into two large chuncks. Here is what Indiana's parenting time guidelines read...

"3. Extended Parenting Time (Child 5 and older)
One-half of the summer vacation. The time may be either consecutive or split into two (2) segments. The noncustodial parent shall give notice to the custodial parent of the selection by April 1 of each year. If such notice is not given, the custodial parent shall make the selection.

If a child attends year-round school, the periodic breaks should be divided equally between the parents.

If a child attends summer school, the parent exercising parenting time shall be responsible for the childís transportation to and attendance at school.

During any extended summer period of more than two (2) consecutive weeks with the non-custodial parent, the custodial parent shall have the benefit of the regular parenting time schedule set forth above, unless impracticable because of distance created by out of town vacations.

Similarly, during the summer period when the children are with the custodial parent for more than two (2) consecutive weeks, the non-custodial parentís regular parenting time continues, unless impracticable because of distance created by out of town vacations.

Notice of an employerís restrictions on the vacation time of either parent shall be delivered to the other parent as soon as that information is available. In scheduling parenting time the employer imposed restrictions on either parentís time shall be considered by the parents in arranging their time with their child."

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: