Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#131999 - 08/10/06 10:20 PM Questions.....
alivilet Offline
recently joined

My new husband just moved from WI so we could get married. His ex is still there. She is posting all kinds of slanderous remarks on certain web pages. We would like to get custody of the kids. How hard is this gonna be???? And what can we do in the mean time? He call every week and she won't let them talk very long. He did write them letters and she won't let them have them. I don't know what to do.

#132000 - 08/12/06 04:32 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: alivilet]
hippie1981 Offline
veteran

Loc: Wisconsin
It will be very hard to get custody of the kids since your husband is the one who moved away. Why didn't you move to Wisconsin? How far away from the kids did he move? Unless his ex-wife is physically abusing the children or neglecting them, there really is no change in circumstances that will warrant a change in custody. If anything, him moving away will make it less likely for him to get custody.

How much visitation was he granted in the court order and was he exercising it when he lived in Wisconsin? Were phone calls to the kids included in the court order? If she is denying him visitation he can take her to court for contempt. They'll probably just slap her on the hand and say don't do that again though.

#132001 - 08/12/06 07:54 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: hippie1981]
alivilet Offline
recently joined

He was granted visitation every weekend. He did have them for about 6 months straight. She told him when she wanted to see them she would let him know. I don't know what was said in the papers. He moved to Utah. She has ppl watching for him in Wi and has told him he will be killed if he shows up in town. As a matter of fact, she told him today that she is suing him to get him to move back. And that she is going to court order me to pay the monthly child support.

I know that there is illegal drugs in the house the kids are in. Her oldest 2 from a her first 2 marriages, are beating on the kids, they take food off the kids plates, and she lets this happen. Social services has been there several times and tried to talk to the kids, but she wont let them talk to SS by themselves. The kids have said they want to live with their dad, to their therapists but that is as far as it goes. She has convinced the therapist that the daughter needs to be on meds. One that I can think of off the top of my head is Seroquel. The daughter is drugged up.

I just don't know what to do.

Edited by alivilet (08/12/06 07:55 PM)

#132002 - 08/13/06 08:56 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: alivilet]
hippie1981 Offline
veteran

Since there is drugs in the home and social services has been called a few times, then your case to gain custody is stronger. But, unless she has been convicted of a drug-related offense, that is all hearsay. And unless social services actually says there is neglect or abuse in the house, that most likely won't help either.

She can't sue him to move back. She has no control over him or where he moves to since he is the NCP.

She cannot sue you for child support since the children are not yours. Your income has nothing to do with the child support that your new husband pays.

Edited by hippie1981 (08/13/06 08:57 PM)

#132003 - 08/16/06 05:26 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: hippie1981]
alivilet Offline
recently joined

Ok. Then what could we do about her talking to his ex landlords and telling them to sue him. She is going out of her way to find ppl to sue him. She is also telling the kids that he left because of them. Which is not true at all.

Is there any programs or anyplace that we can use to talk to the kids? She listens in on all the conersations. And they don't talk very long.

#132004 - 08/16/06 08:22 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: alivilet]
hippie1981 Offline
veteran

Sorry, but I don't know what you can do about those things.

#132005 - 08/21/06 07:00 PM Re: Questions..... [Re: hippie1981]
alivilet Offline
recently joined

Thanks. I guess we just need to get an attorney. I appreciate the help.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: