Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#13300 - 05/24/05 03:12 PM In need of Assistance
db2121 Offline
recently joined

I am in a no win situation. I love my wife very much and love my 3 year old daughter with all of my heart. My wife wants our marriage to end and has shown no signs of waivering on that. She filed for divorce. She wants to move our daughter 200 miles away from me and doesn't see anything wrong with that. I had to retain a lawyer and did so. This particular guy asked me several questions and I answered them. He put in a call to her lawyer, which seemed to break her hope at least in the near future of her taking my daughter anywhere. She has gotten mean since. She has called me names and we have gotten into a couple of arguments. Each argument ends with me saying things I ordinarily would not say. She will not go to amarriage councelor. She absolutely has made it clear she wants out. I'm in a no win situation it seems. If I defend my rights and try to make sure my daughter gets everything she deserves my wife hates me more and more and calls me names and we argue. Is there anything I can do to get her to change her mind as I truely beilieve our daughter needs both of us to be in her life and one of us being 200 miles away would not be in her best interests.

#13301 - 09/04/05 08:19 PM Re: In need of Assistance [Re: db2121]
cherylfun1 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Indiana
I hate to say it, but when a woman decides on a divorce, there is usually know way to change her mind. I don't think it's fair for her to move your daughter 200 miles away, though. I would be concerned that she is going to "poison" your daughter against you. No matter how hateful she gets though, don't stop seeing your daughter. Little kids usually blame themselves for your break-up, even though usually they wont voice that, but internalize it. Just let her know how much you love her and never ask her questions about her mother that will put her in the middle. If she grows up seeing that you love her and continue to be nice to your ex-wife, even when she doesn't deserve it, she will grow up and make the right decisions.

Cheryl

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: