Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#13406 - 05/25/05 09:08 PM Alimony & Contempt
Alan Offline
recently joined

Registered: 05/25/05
Posts: 2
If someone who was divorced in Georgia fails to make alimony payments and is held in contempt of court, what can be done to the person in contempt if they have moved out of state? Can a warrant be issued? Can/will they extridite if that person refuses to come back to Georgia voluntarily?

#13407 - 04/27/08 01:58 AM Re: Alimony & Contempt [Re: Alan]
Yikez Offline

Registered: 03/30/08
Posts: 47
Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
That is a good question, I imagine if you reported it to the Judge they could put a lien on that person's taxes and jail time would probably be in order if they didn't follow a court order.
Della in Georgia


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: