Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 60 61 >
Topic Options
#135064 - 08/17/06 03:03 AM No support
mommy2boys Offline
addict

Loc: Louisiana
I found this in the local newspaper.

"D.F. Mills, 30, Diamond St., Tallahassee, Fla., was booked Aug. 4 with criminal neglect of family after being found $29,000 in arrears in his $350 monthly child support payment."

This guy hasn't paid a dime of support in nearly 7 years. Why would anyone wait this long to pursue this deadbeat? If they have pursued him for this, why in the world would the state wait 7 years to arrest him. BTW, he wasn't even in FL when he was arrested.

#135065 - 08/17/06 03:05 AM Re: No support [Re: mommy2boys]
mussersmom Offline
addict

Too many deadbeats....not enough deadbeat-getters!

#135066 - 08/17/06 05:15 AM Re: No support [Re: mussersmom]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
Different states have different laws. Often, it takes a significant arrearage to warrant criminal action.

#135067 - 08/17/06 05:43 AM Re: No support [Re: mommy2boys]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Oh Please, you have to ask why? I have been 16 years trying to collect support. It wasn't until the ex was over $100,000.00+ before they activly went after him. It still took three years after he was located. He has since paid $1,400.00 Yes fourteen hundered dollars out of the One hundred, sixteen thousand and some change that he is behind. He went to court today for sentencing and it was continued until mid Oct.

#135068 - 08/17/06 01:54 PM Re: No support [Re: katiefedup]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
Why was it continued?

#135069 - 08/17/06 02:14 PM Re: No support [Re: Miranda]
LeAnne Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: missouri
Mine owes 86,000 and we were in court for 6 months. Continued, continued, continued. I think they have to give the defendant every chance to prove they are innocent. If he showed up without a lawyer, they have to go through a whole process, saying they don't have a lawyer, at least mine did. They have to have a chance to get a public defender, another court process. Mine didn't have a lawyer or public defender, a whole other process, where the judge tries to tell him to get one or the judge appoints one. He wanted to represent himself (IDIOT). Then they have another process in front of the judge, where he represented himself and the judge informed him of his rights and that he refused counsel(IDIOT). Then we finally got to a real court date about CS, then it was slam time. Sentence to 4 years dept of corrections, SES 5 years probation, pay 100.00 a week, then he got busted for another DWI, got sent up for 4 years for DWI, 3rd offense, now CS judge(crimminal non support) issued another warrant for his arrest. So once he gets done for the DWI, I guess he stay for the CS, I really don't know?

#135070 - 08/17/06 05:19 PM Re: No support [Re: LeAnne]
Rann Offline
journeyman

Gee ... I've paid nearly $80K in child support over the past 5 years! It was recently lowered below $1K a month. More manageable I suppose.

Just think of all the vacations (Bali, Hawaii, Europe) or a house instead of apartment (LOL) and toys I could have had I been a "dead beat" loser of a dad. I could have been living up the single life ... living large perhaps.

But, how could a any father do something like that his children or the mother of his children? Set aside all the problems associated with a divorce, hurt feelings, etc, etc. Your children will always be your children!

Guess we're all a little different, huh.

#135071 - 08/17/06 05:33 PM Watch what you say... [Re: Rann]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"But, how could a any father do something like that his children or the mother of his children?"

WOMEN are deadbeats as well, not just men. I know you probably didn't think like that, just trying to change the mindset.

#135072 - 08/17/06 06:26 PM Re: Watch what you say... [Re: gr8Dad]
NancyD Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New York
I think he was just reflecting on the situation as posted....it was specifically about a father not payng.

You are like the people who go around forcing everyone to be politically correct in all circumstances. Sometimes, we revert to a simpler way of phrasing something that has no ulterior motive.

Do you say the Apostle's Creed at Mass and edit the phrase "For us MEN and for our salvation He came down from heaven." so that it reads "For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven."? Many people in my church do, even the priests.

#135073 - 08/17/06 07:04 PM I don't, but only because... [Re: NancyD]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"Do you say the Apostle's Creed at Mass and edit the phrase "For us MEN and for our salvation He came down from heaven." so that it reads "For us and for our salvation He came down from heaven."? "

...all women are going to hell...LMAO!

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 60 61 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: