Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#141426 - 09/06/06 08:47 PM BM moved out of state no notice given.
chacla Offline
recently joined

Registered: 09/05/06
Posts: 12
I need help. My ex has packed up and moved the kids to Louisiana from Ky without notifying the court or myself. I was supposed to get them this past weekend and instead was met with a motion from her attorney that stated that she has requested that the visitation schedule be modified because she has relocated to Bush, LA because she was to re-marry that weekend. We were bifurcated allowing us to retain the single or divorced status while still trying to settle all other issues in the divorce. The final hearing was set for September 25th. My quesion is can she do this and does her re-marrying create a problem? All custody orders are temporary ones nothing was final and neither of us has been awarded custody. I have since filed two motions, one for an emergency custody hearing asking for full custody and another for several contempt issues because she's interfearing with my parenting time and phone call schedule. She's not letting me talk to them either. We have a temporary order that states she is to make the kids available between 6-7:30 every night for a phone call. There's two children a boy who is 6 and a girl who is 2. That hearing is this Friday. I was suposed to get them 4 weekends this month. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Oh, the divorce was filed in KY, but both of us since moved away to Indiana, but because the divorce wasn't final the jurisdiction remained in KY. :confused:
- A father is a man who has photos in his wallet where his money used to be! -

#141427 - 11/29/06 05:52 AM Re: BM moved out of state no notice given. [Re: chacla]
anastasia700 Offline
recently joined

Registered: 11/29/06
Posts: 24
You can move the juridcition now that neither of you live in Kentucky I believe. I would highly advise this if it is possible. Since Kentucky is a Commonwealth I would wish the laws that govern it upon no one!
I hope all has gotten better since your last post...

#141428 - 01/23/08 11:45 PM Re: BM moved out of state no notice given. [Re: chacla]
rnmom34 Offline

Registered: 01/21/08
Posts: 174
Loc: oxford, ohio
I am a Mom who is getting ready to relocate. My law (who is in KY) told me if there is no mention of allowance or no allowance of relocating notice does not have to be given just a modification of visitation BUT phone calls have to be allowed and be willing to facilitate "reasonable" visitation until the visitation order is modified. If you already filed for a change in custody, keep a notebook (don't remove ANY pages) of when you attempt to call your children,if u talk to them or if it is refused and any attempts to arrange for a visit. It will help to prove she is interfering with your right to a relationship with your children. The relocation can then be proven to be detrimental to your children. Good luck.
P.S. In your final papers from now on make sure relocation is mentioned. Also you can put in if she fails to facilitate visitations in the future that she agrees to give up custody to you


Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: