Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 13 of 23 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23 >
Topic Options
#150931 - 10/04/06 10:52 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
There are likely forms available from your court adminstrator's office.

#150932 - 10/04/06 10:54 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
LeAnne Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: missouri
Isn't this kid covered under insurance? If you have dental, they will cover most all of the surgery and at least 1500.00 on the braces. Braces cost around 4500.00 average. That leaves 3000.00 to pay for, split in 1/2, that's 1500.00. Oral surgey depending on what's done, insurance should cover most, they did on SS's. Even if you have a 1000.00 to pay after the insurance, your share is 500.00. Your total cost is 2000.00 out of pocket. How much did you spend on your last vacation? How much are you spending on the wedding? I think your complaining to the wrong people about anything, knowing that you got 3300.00 a month in alimony, plus how much CS? If I got that kinda cash, I wouldn't be b!tching about nothing, gosh I wouldn't have even asked for the extras. Better eat your cake quick, because the icing is coming off the top.

#150933 - 10/04/06 10:55 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
Avaya Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
[quote]Yes, IF I can afford to pay half medical, I'd have no problem doing so. It's the medical I CAN'T afford to pay 1/2 of that has me worried. [/quote]

For the millionth time - 'what ifs' will drive you insane! Quit harping on them. Ex 'might' be hit by a bus tomorrow, your house 'might' burn down today, your child 'might' die tomorrow and you wont have to worry about medical (but by all means get the pay stubs and calculators out so you can figure to the penney how much 'he' owes 'you' for the funeral). Tons of things 'might' happen - you can't bank on them all.

#150934 - 10/04/06 11:41 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Avaya]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Avaya,

dangit.. there goes my New England Clam chowder all over the computer! ROFL.....

#150935 - 10/05/06 12:13 AM What I want to know is.......... [Re: Runswithscissors]
rschiller Offline
old hand

What does this Susan's husband do for a living? Where does he live? And heck, he ain't married again yet is he?

Dog gone.....

Your spousal support is more than I make after twenty five years of teaching. I really am in the wrong line of work, and durnit, I work durn hard too.

Seems to me like the guy is getting slammed coming and going. The spousal support stops, but the child support goes up. Can't win. Some states I tell ya.

Should live her in TX Susan, they have spousal support that last only up to three years, and most often it is not even issued. Most women they say......."Tough Nookies". Child support is also capped at fifteen hundred a month, no matter how much buckage you make, copays, medical, all fifty fifty, no other option. Child care, extras, college, forget all of it my sweet.

Open your eyes. I don't know you at all Susan, but after reading all of this.........you sound like a spoiled brat with too much money.

#150936 - 10/05/06 12:34 AM Re: What I want to know is.......... [Re: rschiller]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yes, it's like that in Texas. In Georgia and several other states, it would 25% of his income...about $3500 a month in CS instead of well under $2000. You can't hold the state of Texas as the ruler that all others must be measured against.

I've toyed with many other state calculators and he would be paying much more in CS in many other states.

#150937 - 10/05/06 12:39 AM Re: What I want to know is.......... [Re: Susanf31]
Cassie23 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...But Susan didn't you say that your state capped income at a certain percentage too?

#150938 - 10/05/06 12:54 AM Re: What I want to know is.......... [Re: Susanf31]
rschiller Offline
old hand

[quote]Yes, it's like that in Texas. In Georgia and several other states, it would 25% of his income...about $3500 a month in CS instead of well under $2000. You can't hold the state of Texas as the ruler that all others must be measured against.

I've toyed with many other state calculators and he would be paying much more in CS in many other states. [/quote]

You missed the point completely which I am beginning to understand you do often..........

Texas svcks for divorced CP parents, usually women.

AND, you must really be stuck on how much money he is paying if you are actually calculating how much you could get other places.

I agree with whom ever else said, "Be happy he is paying, and paying the amount he is with out grief".

#150939 - 10/05/06 12:58 AM Re: What I want to know is.......... [Re: Cassie23]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Susan,

Your parents paid for the prepaid, not you, so why should your ex take on more of the college expenses. Your parents money isn't your money so those costs should be split equally.

I also don't understand your comments with the expectation of % by income. You got allimony to better yourself, which you have done. If you choose a career that isn't paying as much as your're ex's, that is your issue to support yourself and you've been divorced long enough that your expectation to continue to assist in support for you is unreasonable. If you wanted to maintain a lifestyle at his income, you should have stayed married for the money.

I just don't get why adults expect to maintain their SOL if they divorce, lose their job, etc. You'll just have to learn to budget like the rest of us... like others said, cut back on vacations, etc. When I went to college, my parents spent NOTHING on themselves to get us through school. It's called sacrificing for your kids. Your kids have medical costs - you cut back and budget accordingly. But to have your ex pay more so you don't have to cut back is unreasonable, especially how much extra you charge him above child support. Child support is his portion of the child's needs, which means you need to come up with an equal portion.

Also, I don't get you with money - you're going to have lots of problems when married if you don't let go of some of this and join as a couple.

#150940 - 10/05/06 01:12 AM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: Buckeye]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
I don't understand here. Would you guys agree with splitting necessary medical expenses based on income levels if it were anyone else but Susan? Or do you disagree with doing it based on income and why? IOW: If they have a terribly ill child and one earns minimum wage, does it benefit the child to live in poverty, perhaps have no home to live in, by putting that one parent in the poorhouse?

Page 13 of 23 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: