Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 >
Topic Options
#150831 - 10/04/06 03:38 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
asurvivor Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Talk to your ex about this Susan. He seems to be a pretty reasonable guy who's always been there for his kids best interest so don't under estimate him now. GF or no GF, he'll be there for the girls.

#150832 - 10/04/06 05:22 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: asurvivor]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Yes, I'm going to talk to him first. My concern is that his income is going up much faster than mine. Once I'm no longer receiving CS on my oldest child, the income disparity will be huge. So should I deal with this now? My youngest will be in braces for some time, wears glasses and has some dental problems...so just her basic medical care could get pricey.

No, I won't spend thousands fighting this in court. But I think I will take it as far as mediation...which our CO says we have to do before filing anything with the courts.

As far as downsizing??? I already have. As far as his GF living with him. She works as a personal trainer and earns an income. I said she was marrying him for his health insurance and ability to watch her D while she works and goes to school at night.

I just think I should get these financial aspects worked out sooner rather than later.

My question was...how will the courts view this if our CO is in direct defiance of Colorado Child Support laws. Will it be an automatic win for me or not??

#150833 - 10/04/06 05:32 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
matart1 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

why do you feel that there should not be some sort of income disparity after cs and ss ceases?

is there a court agreement that your ex is still supposed to provide for you even after the kids are grown and have families of their own?

is your ex court ordered to support your arse until your dead?

at what point does your kids and coochie cease to be an income source to your ex?

hey jackasss - of course there will be an income disparity after cs and ss ceases.

I thought you were a little more planned and self-sufficent for the future than what you are suggesting.

#150834 - 10/04/06 05:38 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: matart1]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

LOL @ coochie!

#150835 - 10/04/06 05:38 PM The spousal support YOU agreed to... [Re: Susanf31]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...was in order to level the income disparities. It does not guarantee ANYTHING. Obviously, he works harder than you, and makes more money BECAUSE of that.

#150836 - 10/04/06 05:40 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: matart1]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Susan, if you already have a CO states who pays what then why fight it?

You gave up SS on your own because your H wanted you too, so now thats HIS responsibility. Just tell him to give you whatever it is that you need.

If the deal was SS in exchange to a car, then thats it. Consider that the rest of your SS.

What your X makes when CS and SS is over, shouldnt matter to you anymore since he would be done with obligations.

#150837 - 10/04/06 05:52 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: myangels]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

SS is over in Nov. However, CS is FAR from over so his income still matters to me.

Our CO does not reflect child support laws. My only question was if I tried to modify our CO to reflect CS laws, which clearly state that medical expenses are split in ratio to income, no "equally" would I win?

I have always felt that the costs of the children should be equitable...i.e. the burden of the expenses of the kids should be equitable to both parents.

I've been preparing for losing SS the entire time. I'm ready for that. Now I just was CS to be fair, based on our income, which it is. But the medical part is not fair and equitable nor is it in line with Colorado law.

This has nothing to do with SS. It was ending next Sept. anyway, so I'd be dealing with this same issue next Sept. anyway.

By the way, ex-H is in agreement to stop paying SS outside of our CO, so he's as much on the hook for the ramifications of that as I am. Otherwise, he could choose to keep paying it.

#150838 - 10/04/06 05:58 PM Sure you do... [Re: Susanf31]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

"I have always felt that the costs of the children should be equitable...i.e. the burden of the expenses of the kids should be equitable to both parents."

HOW can you say that? The costs were to be slit 50/50, because he was providing you with a large percentage of your income. Now that he is no longer going to be doing that, you want him to pay a higher percentage of expenses? WHAT!?! Stand up on your own two feet.

I bet if YOUR income went up, you wouldn't be rushing off to court to have YOUR percentage refigured. Stop being such a GREEDY, BLOOD SVCKING person, and just be happy that you GOT SS, and will GET CS, and earn your OWN money.

#150839 - 10/04/06 06:04 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
I love how the "direct defiance of Colorado law" is situational. When you had more $$$ the violation of law was okay and you accepted it...now that you lose money it is a VIOLATION OF LAW? Don't think so LOL...

#150840 - 10/04/06 06:04 PM Re: Sure you do... [Re: gr8Dad]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I do earn my own money. I am seeking to have my ex pay his share of our kid's medical expenses in ratio to our respective earnings.

I think he would be the greedy one asking me to pay as much as he is when i'm making $50k or more less than he is.

Seeking a modification in our CO to reflect Colorado Child Support LAWS is not being greedy. I'm trying to make things fair and equitable.

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: