Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23 >
Topic Options
#150841 - 10/04/06 06:12 PM Re: Sure you do... [Re: Susanf31]
Avaya Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
WHY DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD BE FAIR AND EQUITABLE?????????? Leave that poor man who had the stupidity to procreate with you alone! Fair and equitable would mean he could earn an income to better HIS standard of living, NOT YOURS. You're an idiot, a greedy self serving idiot. I hope that man whose agreed to marry you will see his chance to run before he puts another stumbling block in his and his children's lives.

If your ex is so reasonable and responsible, then if your daughter had a need you can't afford, you should be able to tell him, 'here's the doctor bill and I can't afford to pay but $$, can you handle the rest?' I would expect him to say that he would, but it would serve you right if he refused.

#150842 - 10/04/06 06:18 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Susan. *** My only question was if I tried to modify our CO to reflect CS laws, which clearly state that medical expenses are split in ratio to income, no "equally" would I win?***

You would win hands down, if thats the law in your state.

#150843 - 10/04/06 06:22 PM Yeah, and 50/50 split of the expenses... [Re: Susanf31]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...was FINE when he was paying you $3300 a month in alimony. But now that he ISN'T, and you didn't use the SS to better your life and make the SAME as him, he has to pay MORE.

Well, FIRST of all, you would have NO case until NEXT September, because you have VOLUNTARILY decreased spousal support, in exchange for a car for your child. So, JUST like a person who is VOLUTARILY underemployed, you CANNOT change the CO based on something you VOLUNTARILY did.

Second, you do NOT have a right to ALWAYS make the same as him. You nickle and dime crap SO much that it is RIDICULOUS. You are DIVORCED. You share a child, and the court order says you share expenses, 50/50. You KNEW that the SS would eventually end, and that he would make more than you, so you SHOULD have had the decree reflect that. But no, you agreed to 50/50 split of medical costs. I don't CARE what the law says NOW about medical, YOUR order says 50/50, and you agreed to that.

But, like all things in your life, as soon as you lose money (even though that money wasn't your to BEGIN with), you want him to make it up.

For God's sake Susan, stand up on your own two feet and live your life on your OWN, you will be surprised at how liberating it is.

#150844 - 10/04/06 06:23 PM I doubt it... [Re: myangels]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

The law is POST her divorce decree. Unless they grandfathered old cases (which they RARELY do), she will still be under the provisions of her decree.

#150845 - 10/04/06 06:24 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: myangels]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Thanks for answering the question, Myangles. :)

To the rest of you slamming me...I find it very interesting. I'm basically asking the same thing that M5 has been going through. Should I return to court to have a CO modified to make it fair and equitable when you have one parent financially more capable of paying for things than the other parent it.

If there was a major medical problem with our kids, I would be driven to the poor house far earlier than my ex. Kind of the same thing going on with M5 right now.

You are supporting her in ther quest to have her CO modified so that she doens't have to pay 1/2, being driven to the poor house by a wealthier ex, who has a great capacity to pay 1/2 than they do.

Just goes to show that your advice is biased based on how much you like the person who is asking the question. MY ex has a greater capacity to pay for medical bills than I do. If I don't seek a modification now, I could find myself in big trouble should the unthinkable happen and one of my kids is in need of major medical care.

I think for my own safety, i should have the CO modified now rather than wait for something to happen and find myself in financial trouble.

#150846 - 10/04/06 06:28 PM Wrong, El Greedo... [Re: Susanf31]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

M% is looking to have her CO CLARIFIED, in that it says half of activities that they agree on, the BM is not consulting Dad, and then billing him. YOUR order is CLEAR, it says you each pay HALF.

You KNOW your going to get a big jump in CS at the end of the year, when your income is much lower than usual, so take the extra money your getting, marry the guy you love, move on with your life and STFU!!

#150847 - 10/04/06 06:29 PM Re: I doubt it... [Re: gr8Dad]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Gr8dad, I dont about that, shes a woman and I dont mean to sound sexist but woman go into court with their sad sobby stories and win because judges feel bad for them.

In her case, dad makes a shi% load of money she makes a decent amount but since SS isnt there anymore you never know she has a good chance to win since that IS the law and there has been a major change in circumstatances. Judges HAVE to go by the law,

#150848 - 10/04/06 06:32 PM I feel bad for her ex... [Re: myangels]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

He pays her to make the incomes the same, and then has to pay half of medical and expenses. He gets to STOP paying SS early so he can buy his child a car, per HER agreement (but WHAT do you want to be that when they figure CS at the end of the year, she won't include the cost of the car as income?), so then he gets to pay more in CS, and she STILL wants to take it to court so he has to pay MORE in medical.

She is like a black HOLE, svcking money from anywhere she can get it.

#150849 - 10/04/06 06:37 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: gr8Dad]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Susan, what kind of car did dad end up getting D?

#150850 - 10/04/06 06:39 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: myangels]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Gr8dad, right but what happens is the law is what it is. And to be honest dad shouldnt complain if he makes a good amount.

If I made what he does, X and I would NEVER have to go to court because I would be throwing her money left and right she wouldnt even know what to do with it. Dad should just agree to pay a little more since it wont really effect him.

Page 4 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: