Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23 >
Topic Options
#150851 - 10/04/06 06:40 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
youngatheart Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Susan,

I believe you are going to modify child support now that SS is ending, correct? If that is the case, then you need to request that that % of other court-mandated expenses be changed as well.

In my state, it is part of the calculation when they figure up child support. Say, you make 33% of the total income now, you would pay 33% of the court-mandated expenses. He would pay the other 67%.

So, in answer to your question, just address it in the child support negotiations, as it will likely have to be looked at there anyway.

#150852 - 10/04/06 06:41 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: gr8Dad]
mommachele Offline
addict

Loc: Utah
k so let me see if I get this..

SS is ending to YOU...Not really ending "period" as the money is going to be spent on childs car..so it is in fact being paid just not going into your account, but you are still benefiting from it because you will not be paying anything for childs said car? Ex "still" has that out of pocket right?

CS will be "increased" because Ex is now making more money?

So now Ex is "still" paying SS as per CO just not to you AND you will get an increase in CS...so in all reality Ex will be paying "more" out than before until the time comes NEXT year when SS "really"ends.

If I got all that right then, I don't think going to court right now to modify the "medical" part will show you as anything but kinda greedy...Not being mean but think about it...Until you can show that the Ex is really "bringing" in more income, your income disparity is NOT there and that cannot be shown until the SS is REALLY finished.

Chele

#150853 - 10/04/06 06:41 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: myangels]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

and Im not talking about 15 co-pays and that stuff Im talking about hundreds of dollars for crowns and thousands of dollars for braces.

#150854 - 10/04/06 06:53 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: myangels]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Susan, what kind of car did dad end up getting D?
++++++++++

He and I discussed that a few days ago. She's only 15, so there won't be a car until next year.

We agreed it would be about an $8,000 used car. He will finance it over 4 years. He'll pay the loan the first 2.5 years and I will pay the last 1.5 years of the loan.

#150855 - 10/04/06 06:54 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Susanf31]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

As far as downsizing??? I already have. As far as his GF living with him. She works as a personal trainer and earns an income. I said she was marrying him for his health insurance and ability to watch her D while she works and goes to school at night.

-----------&gt; um.. no... your exact words is that she was with him for his paychecks.... let's be clear on this...

AND.. why would she need him for insurance? Her daughter has been ill since birth.. and she's managed to make it this far..without your ex... AND.. her MOTHER lived with her and LIVES with them now.. so again.... why would she need your ex for that....

You were clear... she needed his paychecks.. verbatim!

#150856 - 10/04/06 06:55 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: Susanf31]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
I wouldn't do that if I was him - you might not continue what you promised since you are starting to get a "track record" now of not following agreements.

#150857 - 10/04/06 06:57 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: mommachele]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

SS is ending to YOU...Not really ending "period" as the money is going to be spent on childs car..so it is in fact being paid just not going into your account, but you are still benefiting from it because you will not be paying anything for childs said car? Ex "still" has that out of pocket right?
++++++++++++

No, I am giving up $33,000 in alimony in exchange for my ex committing to spending $6,000 on a car for my D next year.

++++++++
CS will be "increased" because Ex is now making more money?
+++++++++

Yes, we've already exchanged paystubs. Beginning Nov. 1st, my CS will increase $438 a month.

+++++++
So now Ex is "still" paying SS as per CO just not to you AND you will get an increase in CS...so in all reality Ex will be paying "more" out than before until the time comes NEXT year when SS "really"ends.
++++++++++

No, not even close. Ex will save major $$$. Ending alimony will save him $33,000, but will cost him $6000 in car and $5256 in child support increase. He'll lose the tax deduction, so all in all, he pockets about $14,000 net by ending alimony early.

#150858 - 10/04/06 06:58 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: Susanf31]
myangels Offline
Pooh-Bah

Gr8dad, then she wouldn't be winning in the SS case because she was getting 3300 a mth and the car is only going to cost 8k plus shes going to pay some of it. Now I thought that D was getting a brand new car that was going to be like 17k then I would say it was worth the trade. With dad paying everything. Susan ended up losing money with this deal.

#150859 - 10/04/06 06:58 PM Re: What should I do? Maury [Re: Runswithscissors]
Susanf31 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

-----------&gt; um.. no... your exact words is that she was with him for his paychecks.... let's be clear on this...

AND.. why would she need him for insurance? Her daughter has been ill since birth.. and she's managed to make it this far..without your ex... AND.. her MOTHER lived with her and LIVES with them now.. so again.... why would she need your ex for that....

You were clear... she needed his paychecks.. verbatim!
++++++++

Yes, I said she's after his money and his health benefits. I just learned that mom is moving back to wherever her home is in December. Mom was only here helping her D until her D found someone else to help her.

#150860 - 10/04/06 07:00 PM Re: I feel bad for her ex... [Re: myangels]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Money she agreed to loose.

Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: