Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 20 of 23 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 >
Topic Options
#151001 - 10/06/06 02:42 AM Re: Almostheaven [Re: jsp]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Well my aunt and cousin do it in OH, and my grandmother and friends have done it in WV. And they all received extras in addition to a check every month. They got foodstamps and medical cards for the foster kids, free lunches and clothing vouchers. For babies, they are even provided with furniture. I don't recall if that is in the form of vouchers or how they go about getting it, but they get cribs.

#151002 - 10/06/06 02:49 AM Re: Almostheaven [Re: almostheaven]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

No cribs or anything else in the states I worked in. Here you can get car seats for low income families if the social worker has a clue how to do it or a clue to tell families about it but they usually will not give them to foster parents (once foster mom and I went with a mom to get new car seats as mom needed the kids with her and between the two women there were too many kids for them to get trained and care for the kids so I went - to be decent they gave foster mom one car seat as she just got a new placement and hadn't had time to get a properly fitting car seat). When I asked if they'd do it for all foster parents, they said NO nor would they give me one for the agency even after they saw the one I had in my car that didn't meet standards in terms of it's age and other issues.

We can use other foster parents and network for things like cribs, clothing, etc which I have done but I'm one of the few workers I know who did that and the one aide who did it provided the worst stuff so the foster parents always ended up throwing it out.

No food stamps here. You can get WIC, but food is included in the stipend.

#151003 - 10/06/06 02:50 AM Re: Susan - can you clarify? [Re: jsp]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I agree! I pay $150 for an exam 2x a year. My lenses are $175 and my frames can range from $59 to $400, depending on what I want. My insurance kicks in after $500 not including high end frames. Who wants their kids wearing Brady Bunch frames?

#151004 - 10/06/06 03:03 AM Re: Yayyyyyy, she finally gets it... [Re: almostheaven]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote]Because "in some cases" and "depending on the state". And Susan's state says as a "percentage of income". And you're STILL vehemently arguing that it shouldn't apply to someone else because you don't think it should apply in YOUR case. Why? Again I ask. Because it's Susan? [/quote]

"My CO states that medical expenses are to be split equally. I can't believe it says that and I can't believe I agreed to it! It was never an issue before because our income was roughly equal with my receiving alimony. But now that I'm no longer receiving alimony, I dug out our CO to see what it says.

Colorado Child Support guidelines clearly state that CP pays the first $250 each year of medical expenses and then the balance is split in ratio to income. (specifially Orthodontia)"

Susan's state may say one thing on how standard is, but her court order splits it - so she has to follow the order in less her ex agrees otherwise or get it changed. So, if ex is ordered to pay 50%, why should he pay more because Susan wants in by income. Of course, if she wants to spend thousands fighting over it, she might "win" but that money would be much better spent on the medical issues.

#151005 - 10/06/06 03:05 AM Re: Susan - can you clarify? [Re: katiefedup]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

[quote] Who wants their kids wearing Brady Bunch frames? [/quote]

My husband's ex... top off cheap Walmart glasses (frame style is cute - kid copied what we got my husband) with bad acne (and she will not take the child to a derm.) that is getting worse with age - poor kid.

#151006 - 10/06/06 03:08 AM Re: Susan - can you clarify? [Re: jsp]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

can the father take her to the dermo?

#151007 - 10/06/06 03:16 AM Re: Yayyyyyy, she finally gets it... [Re: jsp]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

That is because she AGREED to a difference in the order. But her state GUIDELINES state differently. And her question was not about whether she had to follow it but whether the state would change it to guidelines if she sought a mod. And most likely, being guideline...YES, they would. It won't matter a hill of beans if her ex AGREES or not.

Now as for whether it would cost a lot fighting it, that is true. But will the state agree with her...it's in her favor that they would. If her and her ex have done ok on their issues without dragging through court though, it's likely there would be no fight. He seems to care about his kids.

#151008 - 10/06/06 03:17 AM Re: Almostheaven [Re: almostheaven]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I really wish people wouldn't delete posts. If you said it, you meant it, whatever it was. Be brave enough to leave it.

#151009 - 10/06/06 03:21 AM Re: Susan - can you clarify? [Re: katiefedup]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

We tried - it's a boy, now 16, I think if it were the daughter, she'd do it. Kid told mom two years ago we had eye and doctor's appointments set up here (all free through tricare). My husband was going to do the medical and I was going to be the shopper (I could have gotten each pair of glasses (regular and sunglasses) for $250-300 given he doesn't need fancy lenses). She demanded child be sent home next day and then finally scheduled the appointments (it was bad as he told me April the day before he was leaving on Spring Break that he couldn't see well and come summer she still hadn't taken him - my husband mentioned it to her and offered to pay for the glasses/lenses if money was an issue - given we both were glasses we are very sensitive to it).

Sadly, we had to give up as when we tried to do that stuff, she'd refuse, upset the son and make him come home. The only good thing is she is very competative, so then she took care of the glasses - not what I'd get, but at least she got them. She also only bought new clothing the day before our visits (since I always overfilled the suitcase with clothing for his return trip)- I liked what she bought, but she didn't ever buy enough. I wish there were ways around it as he really needs braces too. But, the only way to deal with it is through court, and if we fought it between attorney's and travel costs, we couldn't afford the braces, glasses and other stuff. And, braces are court ordered but for what ever reason she will not get them put on.

#151010 - 10/06/06 03:22 AM Re: Almostheaven [Re: almostheaven]
Runswithscissors Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well dumbass...(how's that for saying it)
I was editing it... and got stuck on something else.....

what I said... and now without the edit because frankly you and your big hair ain't worth the time....

"don't you love it when people are F'ing clueless." was what I SAID.. but.... it went to the WRONG POST! I was toggling between this post and the one about NCP's.....

BUT you, have to assume it's ALL about you.. and that people can't make mistakes on their post and then try to correct it...

Edited by Runswithscissors (10/06/06 03:27 AM)

Page 20 of 23 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: