Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 40 41 >
Topic Options
#154931 - 10/17/06 02:11 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
I like the idea of putting a "cap", but be careful that the kids don't end up getting involved in stuff they don't want to just so she can spend your money.

In addition to a "cap", I would also limit the number of activities. Like one at a time.

#154932 - 10/17/06 02:12 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

That's why you live modestly and don't say anything that can get back to her so she doesn't know if the income changes.

#154933 - 10/17/06 02:13 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Better question when determining all of this is how much does that leave your family a month (if you don't mind us asking given you've aready said the yearly salary)?

#154934 - 10/17/06 02:15 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: Gecko]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Like one per child per season/year? Right now both SS's are doing club soccer (SD was supposed to but they couldn't get up a team for her age group) and in the spring there will be middle school soccer for SS13 (and possibly SD if she is over being "burnt out" on soccer) and HS soccer for oldest SS. Right now we are only agreeing to the school sports since club soccer is way out of our price range..but if we put a "cap" on it, then it may be better..right now she is spending way over $500 per year on extras alone...more like a couple thousand.

#154935 - 10/17/06 02:17 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I would ONLY agree to one activity per child. If you start saying the Chiro only after 2 opinions you are going to get stuck with the extra medical.

#154936 - 10/17/06 02:17 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
AnneB Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well, with his current income that is a lot. But then on the other hand it is not a lot for 3 kids. Is there some part of the year where he makes substantial overtime or something so he could pay a set amount for extracurriculars at that time--like $200 per child for the year.

While I know that it is a wonderful idea to have emergency savings, I doubt that a judge is going to care whether or not you have emergency savings because expenses are not considered are they? Is it customary in Tennessee for CS and extra-curriculars to be ordered? If not, I would not settle at all--I would go to court because it doesn't seem like a judge would order a contribution to extra-curriculars at all taking into consideration his current income level and the number of people he is supporting. I don't think there is any way to get out of the medical, but I would think a judge would say that under ordinary circumstances if insurance won't cover it, then "it" probably isn't medically necessary.

#154937 - 10/17/06 02:18 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: jsp]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well with the affidavit of monthly income we filled out it states:

Total Monthly Expenses: 2468.94

Total Gross Income: 2730.00

The expenses includes everything from taxes, rent, insurance to transportation (gas and maintaince).

#154938 - 10/17/06 02:20 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Gross and Net are very different...how much is the net?

#154939 - 10/17/06 02:21 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: AnneB]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Well you also have to take into account how many days per year we have the kids...so the amount we pay in CS does cover it since we have them alot. We qualify for a $100 decrease in CS based on how many days we have them a year.

He only gets OT during xmas mostly..and we use that for xmas lol. He was allowed OT for inventory this year but that is not always the case.

Normally..if you have extra ordinary expenses..in TN..they will combine that to the CS amount (which is what we were wanting them to do back in Dec. but our atty was a peace of crap). They don't usually order extras being split 50/50.

Another thing..our insurance doesn't recognize Chiro care as being a medical expense..which is why they do not cover it.

#154940 - 10/17/06 02:22 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: katiefedup]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

huh? that confused me..the part about the chiro

Page 3 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 40 41 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: