Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 41 of 41 < 1 2 39 40 41
Topic Options
#155311 - 10/20/06 03:35 AM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: Runswithscissors]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

it would bring her income down. We have a rental at the beach that has not showed a profit in years. We break even almost to the penny after cost....we bill every light bulb and "Screw" that we buy. But, it is a cost on the rental.

#155312 - 10/20/06 04:21 AM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: Runswithscissors]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Katie what are you talking about? Yes, BM is in contempt for not carrying insurance on the kids. What part of it being in the CO don't you understand?

#155313 - 10/20/06 04:36 AM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: M5M5]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

M5, ok bring it up in court. I am sure the judge would love to hear about it! Your husband has not suffered any loss because of it? You are being petty! Does your CO really say that she will carry health insurance no matter what and under all and any circumstance? If I were you I would stick to the non agreed upon activities. Afterall, last night, you said that was your only concern. Like Maury told you last night, stick to the obvious and make sure the delivery is professional! Judges do not like to bothered with irrelavent issues. The insurance issue has not caused Mr. M5 any damages or costs. While you are wasting the courts/judge's time remind him of the new law in your state about her "assests!" I am sure he will be amused. By the way in my ORGINAL CO my ex had insurance at the time and was CO to maintain it. The courts gave a ratz ass when he quit his job, because I was able to pick it up, at my expense!

#155314 - 10/20/06 05:01 AM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: katiefedup]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Actually Katie...DH has suffered because she no longer carries insurance. Her insurance WAS primary and it actually covered the chiro stuff..and it was only $20 copays for everything. Our insurance SUCKS! And doesn't have a copay but a HUGE deductible we have to meet...which has yet to happen and the year is almost up...and chiro isn't covered at all!

#155315 - 10/20/06 10:45 AM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: M5M5]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
M5, if BM were a man, Katie would be telling you that there was no excuse not to have insurance on your children. Live in a box but get the insurance.

Since when is it OK to ignore some parts of the CO but not other parts. Oh, yeah, I know, when it is the man getting s c r e w e d.

#155316 - 10/20/06 03:59 PM Re: Here's the way I see it.... [Re: M5M5]
NancyD Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: New York
A C of O is needed (at least in my area of the country) any time renovations are made. The way it goes is first you have to get a permit to do the renovation, then you have to have an inspector come and check the work to see that it is up to code, and then the C of O is issued.

It's to protect people from shoddy work...say you turned your garage into a rental apartment and did the electrical work yourself to save money, and did a sub-standard job. It could be the cause of a fire that injures or kills your tenant.

It doesn't mean that there aren't people who still go ahead and do illegal renovations. However, in my area, you also have to have the C of O on record for any renovations before you can sell your house. That's a whole 'nother problem for people who inherit property and want to put it on the market. Suddenly, the basement finished off by your uncle Harry has to be torn out because it's not up to code. If a C of O had been issued originally based on older codes, it would have been grandfathered in. But an inspection of previously unapproved work is held up to the current codes, which in many cases are much stricter.

For example, one of my brother's was purchasing a house that had some wooden steps built to replace some older cement steps. There were more than 3 steps and the current code calls for a railing in that case. When the steps were built, that was not the code, but the owners did not get a permit or C of O when they did the work. Now, in order to sell the house to my brother, they needed a C of O for the work done on the stairs, but they had to bring it up to the current code by adding railings, first.

We had to get a permit and then a C of O when we redid our kitchen. Also when we erected a large storage shed in the backyard. They also make sure people follow any local building ordinances, such as minimum set-backs from the property line, or height restrictions.

Page 41 of 41 < 1 2 39 40 41

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: