Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 5 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 40 41 >
Topic Options
#154951 - 10/17/06 03:04 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
jsp Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

That's why I wanted you to break it out before people jumped and said how you should pay this, that and the other. What you are paying is reasonable given you also have the kids part-time... don't back down as it will burn you in the end.

#154952 - 10/17/06 03:18 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Down home.
It sounds to me like she's offering you a deal....because she can't legally force you to pay more than a certain percent of your paycheck unless you are in arrears on CS, and even then there's STILL a percentage cap.

$100 a month would put him at almost 50% of his net....and in IL, that would be the max he would have to pay. She's not offering a good "deal," she's putting an "offer" out there that doesn't break the friggin law.

Jeesh.

#154953 - 10/17/06 03:30 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: Rebecca5]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Down home.
So I explained the situation to DH and he said....

"Gee....that's nice of her....offering to let them bend over and pick-up the soap like that."

#154954 - 10/17/06 03:33 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: Rebecca5]
rocketgirl Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: On the beach in 14 years...
LOL... he's got a great sense of humor, doesn't he? I was kind of thinking the same thing... how magnanimous of her...

#154955 - 10/17/06 03:35 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: Rebecca5]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

lol that's how we see it. So we will put our crap on the table...$however much a month, $3200 minus our CS overpayment, minus what she owes us, minus what we dispute, plus the other things dealing with limits, chiro etc. She can take it or leave it. At this point..DH is like..what else do I have to lose?

#154956 - 10/17/06 03:47 AM You don't offer to settle... [Re: M5M5]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...unless your position is weakened. My opinion? Don't settl. This MIGHT calm down for a while, that start back up. By settling, you are allowing her to continue her crap. And if she DOES, YOU will be bargaining from a weaker point, because you caved.

I would take this ALL the way.

As for the $3200, I thought she owed YOU guys $12K? Bounce it against that and inform her that she will only owe you 8K.

#154957 - 10/17/06 03:57 AM Re: You don't offer to settle... [Re: gr8Dad]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

no she doesn't owe us 12K...remember? That was settled last year when our atty didn't represent us propery and we came away with only getting $4500.00 (that she paid us) instead of the full 12K.

#154958 - 10/17/06 04:06 AM My bad... [Re: M5M5]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

But I agree with the poster who said that by agreeing to pay the $3200, you are agreeing to pay for stuff you did NOT agree to, thus setting a precedent for the future.

#154959 - 10/17/06 04:14 AM Re: My bad... [Re: gr8Dad]
M5M5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I agree...we are not going to agree to pay for anything we dispute...meaning the stuff we didn't agree to. If they will take our offer then it will save us big $$$ by avoiding going to court and atty fees..all that junk. But if they won't take our offer then I guess we go to court. Like DH said..what else do we have to lose?

In a way I really don't think they will agree to all of our demands. That would mean her losing control. The only way she would do that is if there really IS no money left..she could also be afraid of facing jail time again (I know I would be). DH overheard her atty saying that if she can't come up with the money, he can still do all this stuff for her but he would take a lien out on her property. She will not want that. So i think it's what Gecko said..a combination of her not having a case and her not having the money&gt;

#154960 - 10/17/06 11:03 AM Re: DH went to the deposition hearing today [Re: M5M5]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
As far as the medical, SIL's order was written that he pays for the medical insurance BUT BM pays the deductibles and co-insurance and then they split 50/50 of in-network expenses.

So, you may ask that your hubby pay the cost of the medical insurance (if he already is doing that), then BM is responsible for the deductibles and co-insurance and they split the balance per family income ratio. Any expenses out of network or not allowed by insurance, would be covered by parent taking child to that doctor and not billable to other parent.

Sports issue - any money spent on sports is the responsibility of the parent signing child up for that sport.

Ask that all previous bills be forgiven.

Also, ask that she pays your attorney fees or that if you have to go back to court within two years because of not obeying the court order, that she pays your attorney fees.

Page 5 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 40 41 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: