Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#157646 - 10/23/06 09:17 PM venue change of transfer
bel Offline
recently joined

Registered: 10/23/06
Posts: 14
Loc: Pa
My kids live with thier Dad b/c I injuried my back and I am on SSI. I live in Pa and they did live in Ohio but their Dad moved them to Pa Sept of 05. I am still paying child support that goes through Ohio. I called to see if I could get it switched to Pa and was told that the Dad has to file for the transfer. I called the same place at a later time and was told that they didn't know why I was told that b/c it would make less paper work for them considering both parents live in the state of Pa now. I have never heard anything back from them and when I call I get the run around. A friend from Ohio told me to request a venue change of transfer? By the way the father moved to Pa without letting myself or the court know about it but I figured he was going to move by what the kids told me and I called the Mahoning county courts they didn't know. Nothing was done b/c I don't have the money for an Att. and legal aid says that they can't take my case b/c I live in different state. Could someone please tell me what I need to do if anything to get it switched to Pa if anything. Thanks

#157647 - 10/24/06 01:37 AM Re: venue change of transfer [Re: bel]
PAFamilyLawNet Offline

Registered: 10/09/06
Posts: 128
Loc: PA
Send a certified letter to the office telling them to switch the order to PA expaling the circumstances in detail
All Things Pennsylvania Family Law

#157648 - 10/24/06 01:42 AM Re: venue change of transfer [Re: PAFamilyLawNet]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Registered: 06/02/04
Posts: 8182
Loc: This Asylum --->
If the original case was in Ohio, you must file a Motion to change jurisdiction. Generally, that would be done in the Ohio courts. Sending a certified letter will serve no purpose if the original case was heard in Ohio. It is not a way to properly get an issue before the court.

Certainly, there is also an easy way, the parties court agree to change jurisdiction and venue to the new state.


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: