Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#163801 - 11/12/06 12:59 PM Limitations on the EX removing his property
lahacienda123 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Georgia
My divorce was granted in August. My EX was VERY demanding about certain furniture items he wanted. The day the Final Decree came down, I packed his furniture up and moved it into the garage. It has been sitting there since. He had made NO attempt to contact me about removing it. I don't know if his new girlfriend has room for it in her home. Does anyone know if there is a law of limitations on him removing it? I made the initial contact. Now he's being VERY demanding, threatening me with suing me if anything has happened to it(IT's still Perfect)Any input would be appreciated. Thanks....Oh, I did get my home..It's MY house..He says he wants to enter the home..I've said NO!!!

#163802 - 11/13/06 12:40 AM Re: Limitations on the EX removing his property [Re: lahacienda123]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
Don't do anything to it without consulting an attorney. Someone on here was awarded 6k for their ex discarding property without permission.

#163803 - 11/16/06 07:49 PM Re: Limitations on the EX removing his property [Re: Miranda]
lahacienda123 Offline
recently joined

Loc: Georgia
Thanks,
I wouldn't do that. That would be stooping to his level.

#163804 - 04/26/08 10:55 PM Re: Limitations on the EX removing his property [Re: lahacienda123]
Yikez Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Set up a time and date that he should come and get it, With the Sherrifs, do this a few times and if he breaks the times, then write him a certified letter telling him you will put his stuff in storage at his expense..also petition the court and let them know what is going on.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: