Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#163939 - 11/12/06 11:21 PM she won't leave the house
tanita Offline
recently joined

ok, here's the problem. His house for 3 years before marriage they refi'd and took out a second. married for 18 months she wants a divorce. but she won't leave the house and won't pay any of the bills! whats his recourse? whats leagle?

#163940 - 11/13/06 07:12 PM Re: she won't leave the house [Re: tanita]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
He needs to file for divorce and seek emergergency temporary orders asking for exclusive use of the home.

If she has already filed for divorce, then he needs to file for emergency tempoaray orders asking for excusive use of the home.

He can also ask that she be held responsible for 50% or an amount in proportion to their incomes.

#163941 - 05/30/07 10:07 PM Re: she won't leave the house [Re: Gecko]
looking4help Offline
recently joined

Loc: Arizona
I'm in the same boat. I moved in with him in 2000 and learned his house was moving into foreclosure. Rather than move again and disrupt my family situation, I took a loan out to save the house. He again let it go into foreclosure and we were going to be aked to leave. :) I then purchased the house. We were married a few months later and the house is been solely in my name since. He is not working and hasn't worked about a total of half the marriage. He will not leave, so I filed temporary orders asking for exclusive use and custody of our child. Does this mean I can lose my equity? Will a judge force me to keep him in my home and support him during this? He's already told me he will fight as long as he can to keep this going.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: