Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#166688 - 11/20/06 06:00 AM abuse
huntersmom Offline
recently joined

My son lives with his dad. Everyday from the time he gets his homework done to the time he goes to bed he makes him clean his room. His dad will mess it up on purpose just to make him clean it over again. Even at 10:00 at night. He doesnt even make him anything to eat.He makes my son do all for himself. Would this be enough for a judge to award me custody? He is 11. My son cries about going home and says he never spends time with him. I know I would have a battle!

#166689 - 11/30/06 09:56 PM Re: abuse - new definition by a dult [Re: huntersmom]
hoosierpapa6 Offline
recently joined

Look for my response line for line:

My son lives with his dad.
Good, at least he lives with one of you.

Everyday from the time he gets his homework done to the time he goes to bed he makes him clean his room.
He's being taught the value of hard work and the necessity to be cleanly.

His dad will mess it up on purpose just to make him clean it over again. Even at 10:00 at night.
I don't believe you or your son, prove it, oh, that's right you don't live there.

He doesnt even make him anything to eat.
Another life skill learned.

He makes my son do all for himself.
I am almost to the point where I want to kiss your x-husband.

Would this be enough for a judge to award me custody?
What attributes have you displayed, so far you have only shown your ignorance.

He is 11. My son cries about going home and says he never spends time with him. I know I would have a battle!
You betcha it would be a battle, by the time your son is 15 you might have an answer from the courts, and I'll bet you will have spent $30k.

#166690 - 12/06/06 05:00 AM Re: abuse - new definition by a dult [Re: hoosierpapa6]
huntersmom Offline
recently joined

You dont even know half the story, this is just part of it.
as far as attributes I dont have to buy my sons affection like his father does and his grandparents. my son knows that I trully love him. My son is very resposible and very smart for his age and obviously smarter than some adults that doesnt realize their own ignorance. I have taught my son that it doesnt take material items to show ones affection and appreciation for others. my son knows that at any time he can talk to me and not be repramanded for doing so, he doesnt feel that way about his dad. Do you have that kind of relationship with your kids? one can only hope. And if 30k is what it takes , then so be it. My son knows how they try to buy him away from me and that still doesnt stop him from seeing me and talking to me . Even after all the threatining letters from a so called preacher man Isnt going to come between me and my son. I will rally in the end. Its pretty sad that a man of god has tried all this time and so hard to keep a child away from his mother all to fail. I have never understood how a person could be a hipacrit in the position and stature that the man upholds.
Its no wonder he is so miserable.
So before you go and put me down like I am trash, Please by all means think of what I have been put through before criticizing. Not all uncustodial parents are bad people. some get threatend to the point where they dont think they can do anything. well I have have done some groing up over the years and all the threats and letters of how I shouldnt get my son has only bonded us closer and made me stronger. My son and his dad does not know all the letters I have recieved. his dad only knows of 1 I will keep it to myself the rest cause I think o grandpa knows that he cant get to me anymore and thats why he is so miserable. he needs to eat some of his own preaching!
now if you still want to kiss the ex thats fine. cause if you still do you might want to rethink your positions and outlooks on issues you have .they tend to filter to children. luckily in my case My child has learned life skills by watching other adults ignorance. my son is so much like me!!!! cant help but love him!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: