Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#181445 - 01/12/07 03:26 PM Financial Windfall from premarriage settled
luvlost Offline
recently joined

My wife just received a extremely large settlement from a medical incident pre-marriage. She has strategically along with her attorney decided to receive small payments. I am also not on the account so I have no idea the amts. I am currently a stay at home dad due to her criminal activity getting her incarcerated 3 times since we've been married these past 2 yrs. and another time I didn't know about. In anycase, my question is am I entitled to some of her settlement as her husband. When I received a settlement from an accident she endulged herself in the benefit of family money. We have 2 kids one not mine and I have raised them both. She doesn't have the mother gene so she calls herself a career mom. She is from the Virgin Islands and I find that she and her family live like Gypsies. The are a social parasite that lie about everything and move from place to place like locusts until they've used up every resource in their siblings new family then they find a new place to cohabitate together and spread again like a virus. I purchased a house premarriage for the kids to have a place to come home to, but my wife's name isn't on the deed. I want to get this divorce, but I am broke now due to paying to keep her out of jail. Can I get some of her windfall?

Sorry for too much sobb!!

#181446 - 04/26/08 10:48 PM Re: Financial Windfall from premarriage settled [Re: luvlost]
Yikez Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
If you all are married now, I would say yes (not a lawyer though).

She sounds like a horrible influence on your children. I would get temp cust of them and ask for CS.

Good luck hun

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: