Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#196194 - 02/20/07 12:27 AM Re: Actually... [Re: almostheaven]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

So your advice is don't believe anybody ? It's easy to double check by looking up the applicable information on the state's own web site .

#196195 - 02/20/07 12:30 AM Re: I get what she's saying... [Re: Miranda]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

NM has a Lexus Nexus and it's the worst , but still easy enough to navigate .

#196196 - 02/20/07 12:31 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: almostheaven]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Telling someone they make moral judgements is not making a moral judgement .

#196197 - 02/20/07 12:39 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: googledad]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

yes it is!

#196198 - 02/20/07 12:41 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: googledad]
Redlegg Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Nothing is so clear as everyone would like to believe, thats why the judges have to decipher what is going on. If it was that cut and dried, then all one would have to do is use the websites. People are looking for a mixture of both experience and wisdom. People who pay could go to the sites,. figure out what they owe and just cut the check, and the payee could do the same and know what to expect, but it is rarely that simple.

#196199 - 02/20/07 12:51 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: katiefedup]
triple Offline

Not really, if he had said "you make moral judgements and that's bad," then yeah. But saying one makes moral judgments is not itself a moral judgement.

#196200 - 02/20/07 12:52 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: Redlegg]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Main Entry: 1mor·al
Function: adjective
Pronunciation: 'mo r-&amp;l, 'mär-
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin moralis, from mor-, mos custom
1 a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ETHICAL &lt;moral judgments&gt; b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior &lt;a moral poem&gt; c : conforming to a standard of right behavior d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment &lt;a moral obligation&gt; e : capable of right and wrong action &lt;a moral agent&gt;

Main Entry: judg·ment
Function: noun
Variants: or judge·ment/'j&amp;j-m&amp;nt/
1 a : a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion b : an opinion so pronounced
2 a : a formal decision given by a court b (1) : an obligation (as a debt) created by the decree of a court (2) : a certificate evidencing such a decree
3 a capitalized : the final judging of mankind by God b : a divine sentence or decision ; specifically : a calamity held to be sent by God
4 a : the process of forming an opinion or evaluation by discerning and comparing b : an opinion or estimate so formed
5 a : the capacity for judging : DISCERNMENT b : the exercise of this capacity
6 : a proposition stating something believed or asserted
synonym see SENSE

I didn't say whether I believe moral judgements are right or wrong ,just that I don't do it . I can't be accused of making one .

#196201 - 02/20/07 01:15 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: googledad]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

you make a lot of moral judgements right down to the brand of purse one chooses to buy.

#196202 - 02/20/07 01:16 AM Re: Ummm... [Re: katiefedup]
googledad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Using someone's own words to make them look foolish is not a moral judgement either .

#196203 - 02/20/07 03:05 AM No. I advise just what Katie did... [Re: googledad]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Don't JUST quote material you find online. The point of this is, there are written statutes all over. There are statutes that can put a non-paying NCP in jail. Well, my ex doesn't pay for years at a time. His daughter's 22 and he's STILL nearly $8K behind in CS. Yet he's NEVER even been threatened with jail time. Yet he CAN be. Well good, some fool writes something down, puts it up online and voila! That means all NCPs who don't pay will automatically go to jail? No. That's the problem. You're quoting statutes or what you find online. But it's not REAL LIFE. Posters not only want to know what the law says, but they want to know their chances. They want to know how those statutes work in the real world. Sad fact is that sometimes they don't work at all. They put em on paper, but PEOPLE can say a lot more than a piece of paper. We've been there. We can provide various instances where those laws won't/didn't work and advice for increasing one's chances of making those laws work.

Some people will come in and say this is how it happens, etc. But it's NOT...not always. And those quotes of statutes aren't always what happens either. But we can say this is what happened to ME, or SOMETIMES this might happen, to give a poster a better grasp on how things can go...IOW, many different ways depending on how you play it.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: